Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2] Long loading time black screen before login

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2] Long loading time black screen before login in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello all, I have a problem with Win10, namely it started to load slower and slower for me. At first, I did not pay much attention (System started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Piko12, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Piko12 Win User

Windows 10 20H2] Long loading time black screen before login

Hello all, I have a problem with Win10, namely it started to load slower and slower for me.

At first, I did not pay much attention (System started time 15/20s) to it until the time increased to 10min (somewhere around June) then something really started to be wrong.

I thought that using some disk defragmentation software would help, but it had no positive effect.

I ignored the problem until recently when the time increased even further to 15/20 minutes, and now I don't know if it's better to format everything (although I'd rather not unless it's a last resort).

Maybe there is some other less "drastic" way to solve this problem.

Some information:

The system is on a 2TB HDD of which 700GB is occupied.

Everything is on 1 disk partition.

I have not scanned the drive for bad sectors.

The system was upgraded from 8 to 10, in January a year ago.

I read somewhere on the internet that the "fast startup" option in the power options makes a difference, but both on and off have not changed anything for me.

:)

Piko12, Jan 21, 2021

2. Windows 10 Long Time Booting (black screen) Before Login Screen

Windows 10 Long Time Booting (black screen) Before Login Screen. This happened after upgrade windows 10, but when I uninstalled the updates still the same, any ideas? How to solve it?

Antonius Saputra, Jan 21, 2021
  3. DanielYX Win User
    Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Windows 10 20H2] Long loading time black screen before login

long time black screen before even bios start loading

Hi Jason,

I completely understand your concern with Black screen on your computer and feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.
    We will assist you to fix the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

There can be many reasons for booting to a black screen.

These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer. The main causes observed are:

•Problems with the driver for your display adapter.

•The video output is being sent to an unexpected port.

I suggest you to refer to the suggestions given by Sharath Srinivasa, replied on August 7, 2015, to fix your issue with black screen on Windows 10.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also refer to the Microsoft article link below, to fix your issue with Black screen on Windows 10.

Troubleshoot black screen problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 20H2] Long loading time black screen before login

1. Windows 10 20H2] Long loading time black screen before login - Similar Threads - 20H2 Long loading

2. Windows 10 black screen before login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen before login.: Before any system processes start, Windows 10 gives me a black screen. Connecting another monitor does not work, enabling secure boot does not work and unplugging all usb devices also did not work. I have tried using safe mode but the screen goes black. System restore through...
  3. Windows 10 black screen before login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen before login.: Before any system processes start, Windows 10 gives me a black screen. Connecting another monitor does not work, enabling secure boot does not work and unplugging all usb devices also did not work. I have tried using safe mode but the screen goes black. System restore through...
  4. Windows 10 black screen before login.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Long Black screen before boot in Windows 10

Long Black screen before boot in Windows 10: Hi, whenever I power on my computer, there is a long black screen that lasts around 20 seconds before it cuts to the HP logo and the spinning wheel thingy below it. It slows down the startup speed quite a bit. I have tried updating my graphics drivers, scanning for viruses,...
  6. Long black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long black screen with cursor before login: I have recently reinstalled Windows 10, after upgrading my hardware (new motherboard, processor, ram and added sdd), but whenever I start my PC, I get to a point where I have a black screen and a cursor before the login screen. It will get to the login screen at one point,...
  7. Long black screen before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long black screen before login: Whenever I turn my computer on it will go through the initial boot phases (show the Asus logo, display available drives), but then it just shows a blank monitor (black screen) for about 2 minutes. During this time I don't see my cursor, no keyboard button combination does...
  8. Windows 10 Long Time Booting black screen Before Login Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Long Time Booting black screen Before Login Screen: Windows 10 Long Time Booting black screen Before Login Screen. This happened after upgrade windows 10, but when I uninstalled the updates still the same, any ideas? How to solve it?...
  9. Windows 10, black screen before login

Windows 10, black screen before login: Hi, I've got a very recent computer that stopped working today. This is a i9 7920x with two 2080 ti , 128 Go of RAM running windows 10 64 pro that I use to work 3d and 2d softwares. The screens were suddenly blocked and with colored artifacts, windows wasn't responding...
  10. Long boot start / black screen before login WIN10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long boot start / black screen before login WIN10: Hello, today I updated Windows 7 to 10 . After configuring the system, I decided to restart it. During startup, the Windows logo is displayed for about 5 seconds, then black screen for half a minute ... which is pretty damn annoying. Then login screen (automatic login ) and...