Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 mapped network drives not reconnecting when Windows starts

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 mapped network drives not reconnecting when Windows starts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I start my pc the network drives don't reconnect. If I look in File Explorer the Y and Z mapped drives have red Xs on them. Clicking on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevinAgar, Nov 6, 2020.

1. KevinAgar Win User

Windows 10 20H2 mapped network drives not reconnecting when Windows starts

When I start my pc the network drives don't reconnect. If I look in File Explorer the Y and Z mapped drives have red Xs on them. Clicking on the drives sometimes connects them and all's well, and sometimes it says username or password incorrect and I have to delete the mapped drives and then remap them.

I've tried various scripts to no avail.

I also noticed that if I open a command window as administrator and enter 'net use' there are no entries in the list. If I open a command window normally and enter 'net use' it will show both mapped drives.

I'm the only user of the pc and have admin rights.

Any help gratefully received

Kevin

:)

KevinAgar, Nov 6, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mapped network drives don't work in Windows 10 version 1809

Yep. *Wink

Mapped drives issue now resolved. See "Current Status" table on first post for more details.

*Arrow Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 Now Re-Released - Windows 10 Forums

[table][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Current Status[/td] [td]Affected Platforms[/td] [td]Details[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]December 5, 2018 3:00 PM PT[/td] [td]Resolved[/td] [td]
    • Windows 10, version 1809
    • Windows Server 2019
    • Windows Server, version 1809
    [/td] [td]Mapped drives may fail to reconnect after starting and logging onto a Windows device. Symptoms include:
    • In File Explorer, a red "X" appears on the mapped network drives.
    • Mapped network drives show as "Unavailable" when you run the net usecommand from a command prompt.
    • In the notification area, a notification displays, "Could not reconnect all network drives."
    Resolved: KB4469342 addresses the issue that may cause mapped drives to fail to reconnect after starting and logging onto a Windows device. This supersedes KB4471218 for workaround scripts to automatically reconnect a mapped network drive when you log on to the device.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Brink, Nov 6, 2020
  3. little cat, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 20H2 mapped network drives not reconnecting when Windows starts - Similar Threads - 20H2 mapped network

2. Windows 10: Map a network drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Map a network drive.: Hi Greg, I read your reply on 'Map a network drive'. It is helpful, but my question, about mapping a network drive, is a little different. Am helping a colleague map a network drive. Have granted Full Access to that colleague's account.While browsing and selecting the drive,...
  3. Windows does not reconnect to mapped drive when restarted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not reconnect to mapped drive when restarted: I am only able to map a drive through CMD running as administrator. But once mapped and having access to files, if I try to restart my PC it says that can't reconnect to drive and that my session has expired. I logged in with a local admin account to test and it worked just...
  4. Windows does not reconnect to mapped drive when restarted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows does not reconnect to mapped drive when restarted: I am only able to map a drive through CMD running as administrator. But once mapped and having access to files, if I try to restart my PC it says that can't reconnect to drive and that my session has expired. I logged in with a local admin account to test and it worked just...
  5. Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect: OS:Windows 10 V20H2 PC: Dell XPS8940 Router: Netgear R7000 w/ TomatoUSB Nine of ten mapped network drives on my desktop PC behave normally! The tenth is a problem. It is mapped to the USB drive connected to my router.Sometimes (days) I cannot connect to this mapped drive and...
  6. mapped network drives not reconnecting

mapped network drives not reconnecting: I have a NAS box with folders mapped as X, Y, Z. Windows 10 Home 20H2 build 19042.630 I've followed the steps here https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4471218/mapped-network-drive-may-fail-to-reconnect-in-windows-10-version-1809 The drives still fail to connect....
  7. Windows 10 Not reconnecting mapped network drives post October Update

Windows 10 Not reconnecting mapped network drives post October Update: Hi, Since upgrading my win 10 pro machines in the office to the October update their mapped drives (controlled by group policy) are not automatically reconnecting on login. The users are having to manually double click the mapped drives to get them to reconnect. The...
  8. Windows 10 Not reconnecting mapped network drives post October Update

Windows 10 Not reconnecting mapped network drives post October Update: Hi, Since upgrading my win 10 pro machines in the office to the October update their mapped drives (controlled by group policy) are not automatically reconnecting on login. The users are having to manually double click the mapped drives to get them to reconnect. The...
  9. Mapping OneDrive: Could Not Reconnect to All Network Drives

Mapping OneDrive: Could Not Reconnect to All Network Drives: I've mapped OneDrive to use it as a backup storage per instruction here, but I get the said error every time I reboot. So I wrote a simple batch script to remap automatically when I logon to Windows. Usage: MapOneDrive.cmd [Number of checks] "[IPv4 to ping]" "[Drive...
  10. Map Network Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Map Network Drive in Windows 10: How to: Map Network Drive in Windows 10 How to Map Network Drive or Disconnect Network Drive in Windows 10 When you map a network drive, you are creating a shortcut in This PC to a shared folder or computer on your network. A mapped network drive has the following...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 20h2 mapped drive

2. Win10 20H2 network drive disconnect