Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2: Microsoft pushes out new patch to prepare PCs

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2: Microsoft pushes out new patch to prepare PCs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Ahead of the rollout of Windows 10 version 20H2 update, Microsoft has re-released KB4023057 to some devices in the production channel. KB4023057 is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 18, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 20H2: Microsoft pushes out new patch to prepare PCs

Ahead of the rollout of Windows 10 version 20H2 update, Microsoft has re-released KB4023057 to some devices in the production channel.

KB4023057 is a reliability update that is re-issued regularly by Microsoft before the launch of a feature or major cumulative update.

In this case, it appears that Microsoft is rolling out the patch to devices that may not be ready for Windows 10 version 20H2.

Windows 10 KB4023057 was re-issued on September 10 to devices running Windows 10 version 1507 or newer with changes to following the components:

• Expediteupdater.
    • Qualityupdateassistant.
    • Sedplugins.
    • Uhssvc.
    • Unifiedinstaller.

KB4023057 was first published in September 2018, re-released in January 2019, re-re-released in August 2020, and it has been released again on September 10. This patch includes reliability improvements to Windows Update service components and it’s designed for all in-market versions of Windows 10.

The update is offered to users via Windows Update but not through WSUS or business channels.

After the patch is applied to your device, it may attempt to reset network settings, clean up Registry settings that may unintentionally prevent updates, repair or disable corrupted components, compress files in the user profile directory, and reset the Windows Update database to repair problems

As you can see, this patch attempts to undo changes (including Registry hacks) that prevent Windows Update from working. The goal of KB4023057 is to fix the problems that may unintentionally affect the update processes in Windows 10 and prevent important updates from being installed.

It’s also worth noting that you may want to avoid KB4023057 if you don’t want Microsoft to enforce feature upgrades on your device.

If the update shows up in Windows Update but you’re unable to apply it due to generic error messages, it’s possible that the patch is already installed and you can try removing the existing package by heading to Settings > Apps & features, and then click on the package to see the “uninstall” option.

The post Windows 10 20H2: Microsoft pushes out new patch to prepare PCs appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 18, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 18, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 20H2: Microsoft pushes out new patch to prepare PCs

Microsoft Steps Up Windows 10 Push with New Redstone Features

Microsoft Steps Up Windows 10 Push with New Redstone Features
    Partners encouraged to build devices that use Windows Ink

Windows 10 20H2: Microsoft pushes out new patch to prepare PCs [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/micro...medium=twitter

Cluster Head, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 20H2: Microsoft pushes out new patch to prepare PCs

1. Windows 10 20H2: Microsoft pushes out new patch to prepare PCs - Similar Threads - 20H2 Microsoft pushes

2. Windows Pushing Out New ****

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pushing Out New ****: Can we please suggest to your team that they stop pushing out new **** to be fancy, without adding the ability to turn it off. The new window capture marking that highlights apps being captured was good in THEORY and bad in implementation. I'm a streamer and some games force...
  3. Windows Pushing Out New ****

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pushing Out New ****: Can we please suggest to your team that they stop pushing out new **** to be fancy, without adding the ability to turn it off. The new window capture marking that highlights apps being captured was good in THEORY and bad in implementation. I'm a streamer and some games force...
  4. Windows 10 reliability patch rolling out to prepare PCs for the feature update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 reliability patch rolling out to prepare PCs for the feature update: As Windows 10 version 1909 is reaching the end of servicing period next month and the Windows 10 Spring 2021 update is around the corner, some users are seeing reliability update KB4023057 again. KB4023057 update was first released in 2018 and it has been made available to...
  5. Why would Microsoft put an updated/patched file into an old KB instead of pushing out a new...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why would Microsoft put an updated/patched file into an old KB instead of pushing out a new...: To qualify this, My job among other things is making sure critical and exploitable vulnerabilities are patched as fast as possible on our assets. One of our vulnerability scanners just dinged me on devices to update KB4512508 which it dinged me about last month. After...
  6. After Pushing out Microsoft Patches many computers experience Boot Loop and BSOD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Pushing out Microsoft Patches many computers experience Boot Loop and BSOD.: Hello, My company is experencing Boot Loop and BSOD after WIndows Patches are released. This has happened since July releases. Every month the issue has affected more machines. We have ran into to main issues: 1) Error code 0x0000001 - We boot the computer into safe...
  7. Microsoft pushes out fixes for 17 critical flaws as part of Patch Tuesday updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft pushes out fixes for 17 critical flaws as part of Patch Tuesday updates: As part of Patch Tuesday Microsoft rolled out updates for all its previous Windows operating system. As is always the case with Patch Tuesday releases, Microsoft aims at pushing out fixes for some critical flaws. With today’s updates Microsoft has fixed not less than 61...
  8. Microsoft patches its earlier Meltdown patch for AMD PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft patches its earlier Meltdown patch for AMD PCs: Microsoft patches its earlier Meltdown patch for AMD PCs, allowing them to boot. AMD processors aren’t affected by the devastating Meltdown CPU flaw, but the emergency fix for Meltdown and Spectre brought certain AMD CPUs to their knees. Microsoft has now resumed...
  9. Microsoft prepares to roll out new update options for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft prepares to roll out new update options for Windows 10: In the Creators Update, this spring's big Windows 10 release, Microsoft is adding some new knobs and levers for managing updates, including an option to delay feature updates by up to a year. Here's what you can expect. The single most common complaint I've heard about...
  10. Microsoft pushes Windows 10 upgrade to PCs without user consent

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft pushes Windows 10 upgrade to PCs without user consent: OUCH! But that upgrade over one 7 install didn't go so well! First a look a the report! Microsoft pushes Windows 10 upgrade to PCs without user consent [img] Confirms it has been silently downloading massive upgrade to Windows machines via automatic...