Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 New shortcut not highlighted after creation

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 New shortcut not highlighted after creation in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have the same issue as the user which asked a question over here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PCKA, Jan 31, 2022.

1. PCKA Win User

Windows 10 20H2 New shortcut not highlighted after creation

Hi,I have the same issue as the user which asked a question over here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-create-shortcut-result-not/2d0a9b0c-7e27-479c-9fba-b46c7671acafLet me rephrase the issue.When you make a new shortcut the shortcut is automatically sorted by your folder settings group by/sort by.The issue here is that the shortcut is not automatically selected/highlighted anymore.Is this a feature or a bug? Because on previous OS version it was automatically selected/highlighted which i prefer.I hope there is a solution to fix or change this.Thanks in advan

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 31, 2022
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Jan 31, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I didn't see on your list using Win-X to bring up the basic setup of system tools like the original control panel, easy access to device manager, etc. not technically a list of commands, but at least a shortcut *Smile Windows 10 20H2 New shortcut not highlighted after creation :)

Ahhzz, Jan 31, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 20H2 New shortcut not highlighted after creation - Similar Threads - 20H2 shortcut highlighted

2. Windows 10 20H2 New shortcut not highlighted after creation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 20H2 New shortcut not highlighted after creation: Hi,I have the same issue as the user which asked a question over here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-create-shortcut-result-not/2d0a9b0c-7e27-479c-9fba-b46c7671acafLet me rephrase the issue.When you make a new shortcut the shortcut is...
  3. Windows 10 20H2 New shortcut not highlighted after creation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 20H2 New shortcut not highlighted after creation: Hi,I have the same issue as the user which asked a question over here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-create-shortcut-result-not/2d0a9b0c-7e27-479c-9fba-b46c7671acafLet me rephrase the issue.When you make a new shortcut the shortcut is...
  4. Windows 10, version 20H2 Windows.old Creation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, version 20H2 Windows.old Creation: I set up a Win10 system as a Hyper-V host. I run 2 virtual servers that should run 24/7/365. Win10 keeps automatically updating to version 20H2. Each time it creates a Windows.old directory and looses my entire profile. All of my settings are gone but most importantly my...
  5. Windows 10, version 20H2 Windows.old Creation

Windows 10, version 20H2 Windows.old Creation: I set up a Win10 system as a Hyper-V host. I run 2 virtual servers that should run 24/7/365. Win10 keeps automatically updating to version 20H2. Each time it creates a Windows.old directory and looses my entire profile. All of my settings are gone but most importantly my...
  6. Windows 10, version 20H2 Windows.old Creation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. media creation tool 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media creation tool 20H2: When media creation tool 20H2 is downloaded then run it flashes with no progress. How do you fix media creation tool so that it runs? Does the directory need to be switched? If so how to you run once the directory is switched? The media creation tool was downloaded 5...
  8. Desktop shortcut and folder creation not working in windows 10 after 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop shortcut and folder creation not working in windows 10 after 1809: After updating to build 1809, the 'New' option in the right click dialogue box that used to allow me to create a new folder or shortcut no longer works. When I select 'New' the system hangs for a few seconds, the screen then greys out for a few seconds and then goes back to...
  9. new highlights

new highlights: Hello all. Does anyone know if there is a switch to stop the Windows 10 start menu from showing newly installed programs like this [img] Also, does anyone find that a newly installed listing may be blocked from use until a sign out or a restart of explorer?...
  10. How to make shortcuts focused / highlighted upon creation?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make shortcuts focused / highlighted upon creation?: In Windows 7, creating a shortcut of something via the right-click context menu would instantly focus or highlight the newly created shortcut, allowing you to seamlessly press Ctrl+X to move it. Is there any way to replicate this behavior in Windows 10, perhaps through a...