Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 remote desktop lock screen has no authentication widgets

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 remote desktop lock screen has no authentication widgets in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After updating my desktop computer to 20H2, I notice my remote desktop that's how I usually control that computer from my laptop window to it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by icelava, Nov 17, 2020.

1. icelava Win User

Windows 10 20H2 remote desktop lock screen has no authentication widgets

After updating my desktop computer to 20H2, I notice my remote desktop that's how I usually control that computer from my laptop window to it will apply the lock screen after timeout, but remains blur with no authentication widgets. Effectively locking me out since there's nothing for my to type my password to unlock it.

Only the [Language] [Ease of access] [Power] buttons at the bottom corner can be interacted with.

Why does the lock screen not show the authentication widgets in remote desktop mode? I have to completely disconnect and reconnect to get around it.

:)

icelava, Nov 17, 2020
  2. XTL
    xTL Win User

How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop

Hello artmanphoto, are you using the built in remote software that comes with windows 10 ?
    I too use remote software, so can i suggest you change to one of the following.
    Because the remote software that comes with windows is very insecure.

Anydesk
    To use 2 step authenticator with anydesk go here

Teamviewer
    To use 2 step authenticator with teamviewer go here

Splashtop
    To use 2 step authenticator with splashtop go here

Radmin
    Does not have 2 step authentication as far as i know.
    But it does have IP Filter, very high security.

All 4 have very high security,
    Anydesk, Splashtop & teamviewer all have so you can add two factor authentication with google authenticator.
    Personally i prefer radmin Windows 10 20H2 remote desktop lock screen has no authentication widgets :)

* Had to add Anydesk to my suggestion because it's just to good to leave out *

3. XTL
    xTL Win User
    How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop

Hello Bill sorry for the late reply.

You said that you were recently infected with a ransomware virus & that it probably came through your open remote desktop, so yes it's a good idea to change remote software, & skip windows RDP & jump desktop*Smile

Change the software from Windows RDP & Jump Desktop to Teamviewer.
    Install teamviewer on all computers.
    Set up unattended access on the computers you wish to connect to.
    ( You can do this in the installation process or when teamviewer is installed @ Settings > Security )

Windows 10 20H2 remote desktop lock screen has no authentication widgets [​IMG]

And make a teamviewer account ( if you haven't already done so *Smile )
    This will make it so that you can connect to them through a list ( Once your signed in )
    which is very convenient.

Windows 10 20H2 remote desktop lock screen has no authentication widgets [​IMG]

Also don't forget to add the two step authentication.

Let me know how it went Windows 10 20H2 remote desktop lock screen has no authentication widgets :)
    // Mike

4. puma99dk| Win User

Remote Desktop limit to 2 screens?

Is it possible to limit Remote Desktop in Windows 10 to only use 2 out of 3 screens connected to a pc?

Remote Desktop is to a Windows 2012 Server.

puma99dk|, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 20H2 remote desktop lock screen has no authentication widgets - Similar Threads - 20H2 remote desktop

2. Remote desktop to a windows 11 computer brings you to a lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop to a windows 11 computer brings you to a lock screen: The setup. the user has locked his computer and went home for the day. When he gets home, he tries to remote his computer. So, he uses MS RDP to connect to the computer. Both computers are windows 11 and in the same domain. He puts the remote computer name in the RDP client...
  3. Taskbar widgets not showing in Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar widgets not showing in Windows 10 20H2: I have the update on my computer that adds the widgets, and another user on the same PC has the widgets on their taskbar - but their nowhere to be found in my user, and if it makes a difference, I'm an administrator too. How do I turn the widgets on?...
  4. Lock desktop icons Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock desktop icons Windows 10 20H2: Hi All, Can I lock my desktop icons in 20H2? Cheers, Rob 174033
  5. Safety of network-level authentication for remote desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safety of network-level authentication for remote desktop?: I have a number of PCs which are joined on my AzureAD domain. I know that traditional wisdom is not to leave a remote desktop RDP port open to the wide web. Does this still hold true when network-level authentication is enabled? As far as I can tell, it's not possible to...
  6. Authentication in Remote Desktop

Authentication in Remote Desktop: I have 3 computers, all up to date with Win 10.0.18363. All three have different login IDs thanks to the idiotic way that Windows installs without asking you what to use. I can use Remote Desktop from system 1 or 2 to get to system 3; I can use 2 or 3 to get to system 1....
  7. Windows 10 remote desktop authentication issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 remote desktop authentication issues: I cannot connect to my Windows 10 PC system version 2004 19041.84 with another computer. I use Microsoft. Network access in Group Policy: Local account sharing and security model have been set to classic. The problem is that I use it correctly Username and password but I was...
  8. Windows 10 desktop widget

Windows 10 desktop widget: Is it possible to add desktop widget in windows 10 like android widget? I was in need of showing countdown of a event somedays latter. I wanted it to be always in front of my eyes. I easily found it on my android But I found none for windows 10. So I was thinking of making...
  9. Remote Desktop and Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remote Desktop and Lock Screen: Hi! I have a trouble logging into my computer via LAN whenever the computer locks. I get the "Internal error occurred" error message. Since the computer to which I'm trying to connect is a PC, I tried setting it to never lock to go to sleep or lock. This doesn't seem to...
  10. Remote Desktop - Device lock screen during session

Remote Desktop - Device lock screen during session: Hi All, I've just recently started using Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop When I remote to another device, say a PC. This causes the PC to automatically go to the lock screen. This seems to be default. I can still remotely access the PC, everything is fine except the person...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. teamviewer win10 lock screen

2. win10 teamviewer lockscreen

3. 20h2 outlook authenticator

4. splashtop windows 10 20H2 issues