Windows 10: WIndows 10 20h2 Sound problem

Discus and support WIndows 10 20h2 Sound problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Lost sound bass which happend when i updated to v1909. But got fixed after some released updates. Now it happened again with 20h2. I know its not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AD, Apr 17, 2021.

1. AD
    AD Win User

WIndows 10 20h2 Sound problem

Lost sound bass which happend when i updated to v1909. But got fixed after some released updates. Now it happened again with 20h2.
    I know its not the driver issue because i tried various versions before.
    Using realtek Hd2.81.
    Core 15-2400
    hyper x cloud headphone

Dunno what update fixed it in 1909.
    Also sound level i used so set at 20-22 which was enough when had bass, Now i have to set it to 50 to get some bass and setting this much high only gives more voice.

Have tried disable equalizer in speaker properties. Disabling it does give some off the bass back. But its not the same. This bug renders user unable to have good audio quality specifically in games.

:)

2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Sound problems with Windows 10

Hello,

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 17, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

PROBLEM WITH SOUND

Hi Emilio,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What Is the make and model of your computer?

Follow the Microsoft article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems.

Do let us know if you are able to get sound in your PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

1. WIndows 10 20h2 Sound problem - Similar Threads - 20h2 Sound problem

2. Problems in Windows 10 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems in Windows 10 20H2 update: [ATTACH]Hi, I'm a user of Windows. I'm updating my Windows 10 PC from Version 1909 to 20H2, but it's stuck at 96%. Please Help me... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-in-windows-10-20h2-update/986885b8-1e20-4592-a235-45e3529a4fed
  3. 20H2 sound and video problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    20H2 sound and video problems: So I updated my my windows 10 a few days ago, which i’m not using anymore because I went back to the previous version, but when I updated it my sound would not work and my videos, browser videos, wallpaper engine and games kept stuttering. The video would work for a second...
  4. No sound after windows 10 20H2 Update 20H2 current

No sound after windows 10 20H2 Update 20H2 current: While I'm using my new laptop for a month. Today, I start noticing that when I'm watching the Youtube content on the MS edge it's completely silent but if I use my wireless headset then sound comeback. After that, I go on surfing through the internet. I've tried a lot of...
  5. windows 20h2 sound issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 20h2 sound issue: downloaded the updated 2 days later windows froze for a while then this Distorted sound or a shhhhh shush sound appeared an I can't make it go deleting drivers won't make it go and both wired or Bluetooth and headphone have the same sound but my laptop speakers are...
  6. windows 20h2 sound issue

windows 20h2 sound issue: downloaded the updated 2 days later windows froze for a while then this Distorted sound or a shhhhh shush sound appeared an I can't make it go deleting drivers won't make it go and both wired or Bluetooth and headphone have the same sound talked to the support after...
  7. Problem with windows 10 20h2 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with windows 10 20h2 update: After installing the latest version of Windows 10, I had so many problems. Some keys of my laptop are not working on the other hand, in every browser, I can't type anything on the address bar because it opens random tabs and which is very frustrating. I can't even watch a...
  8. Problems with upgrading to Windows 10 20H2

Problems with upgrading to Windows 10 20H2: For several months, I have been having trouble updating my laptop to Windows 10 20H2 I am currently on Windows 10 1909. What happens is that when I let the update start, it will start updating normally, no problem. I have enough space on my computer's hard drive. Then once...
  9. windows 10 20h2 installing problems

windows 10 20h2 installing problems: i have a problem that when i click at the update button. It shows "getting things ready". then it took hours in completing 100%. then it get downloaded fast. Then it shows installing, after that when installing completed till 6% then again "getting things ready" was...
  10. Windows 10 20h2 Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 20h2 Problem: Hi, since i reset and downloaded the new windows 10 20h2 version on my old laptop, the screen constantly freezes every three seconds for about a second. What causes this problem? Should i just download an older version of w10 or what?...