Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 Start and Action center not responding

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 Start and Action center not responding in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I installed the insider beta build of 20H2. after couple cumulative update I exit from insider. But now I have problem with windows start and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PVzzzz, Nov 5, 2020.

1. PVzzzz Win User

Windows 10 20H2 Start and Action center not responding

I installed the insider beta build of 20H2. after couple cumulative update I exit from insider. But now I have problem with windows start and notification center. Those are not responding sometimes. If I press the Action Center menu icon from taskbar entire taskbar icons will inactive including start menu icon. Even I can't open settings from This PC > Open Settings. After 10-20 minutes this will work again.

Kindly help me to resolve this

:)

PVzzzz, Nov 5, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Nov 5, 2020
  3. taward Win User
    Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail

Device: Surface Pro 4

Issue: Action Center and Start Menu continually fail.
    Symptoms: After an unpredictable amount of time, Action Center and Start Menu will not open using multiple prompts. Action Center will not respond to taskbar link or swipe from the right and Start Menu will not respond to task bar click or keyboard button.

Troubleshooting:
    • I have done several SFC scans (the first few found stuff and repaired it and subsequent runs find nothing)
    • I've done the DISM image restore health hocus pocus to no avail.
    • I've executed "Get-AppxPackage | % { Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml" -verbose }" in an elevated powershell. This works, until it doesn't.
    EDIT: Nothing is working now for troubleshooting. Going to try a restart and see how long until it happens again.

​None of these are permanent solutions. Any ideas as what is causing this and how to stop it from happening?

taward, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 20H2 Start and Action center not responding

Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 20H2 Start and Action center not responding

1. Windows 10 20H2 Start and Action center not responding - Similar Threads - 20H2 Start Action

2. Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.: Hi,I can't for some reason I can't click on this. Could someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-taskbar-and-action-center-is-disabled/5ac4354a-0f68-4121-b503-c5b86434ca82
  3. Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.: Hi,I can't for some reason I can't click on this. Could someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-taskbar-and-action-center-is-disabled/5ac4354a-0f68-4121-b503-c5b86434ca82
  4. start icon and action center not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start icon and action center not working: What to do if the start icon and action center not working.The start icon not working so I can not get to programs or go to power menus to shut down or restart.Can not get to action center to connect Wifi...network....
  5. start icon and action center not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start icon and action center not working: What to do if the start icon and action center not working.The start icon not working so I can not get to programs or go to power menus to shut down or restart.Can not get to action center to connect Wifi...network....
  6. start icon and action center not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Constant False Notifications in Action Center (Win 10 20H2)

in Windows 10 Support
    Constant False Notifications in Action Center (Win 10 20H2): I keep getting notifications in the action center that my Ant-Virus Needs to be turned on! But I have 2 anti-virus programs (Malwarebytes and Acronis True Image) that are working all the time. After some conversations with Dell and Microsoft Tech Support it is clear that the...
  8. Windows is in Light Mode but the Action Center is still dark? (20H2)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is in Light Mode but the Action Center is still dark? (20H2): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DemonNinja123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwz7n8/windows_is_in_light_mode_but_the_action_center_is/
  9. Windows 20H2: lost windows 10, action center, clock...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 20H2: lost windows 10, action center, clock...: Since I have upgraded to windows 10 20H2, I can't run start menu again, neither by clicking on the windows 10 button or clicking on the menu icon. Whenever I click on the clock, the popup window that shows a calendar is not appearing. Action center too. In the first couple...
  10. Action Center Stopped Responding Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action Center Stopped Responding Windows 10: Without any new program installations or changes maybe a couple new Theme Downloads from MS Store, the Action Center just stopped functioning. Notification numbers are indicated but I can't open the app. Does anyone know how to solve this?...