Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 stuck at "working on updates 0%" for hours

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 stuck at "working on updates 0%" for hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Using the Windows Update Assistant installer I downloaded, it realized it didn't have enough disk space so I add a blank 16GB to the mix.Seemed to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LiteWaiit, May 20, 2022.

1. LiteWaiit Win User

Windows 10 20H2 stuck at "working on updates 0%" for hours

Using the Windows Update Assistant installer I downloaded, it realized it didn't have enough disk space so I add a blank 16GB to the mix.Seemed to run through setting things up, rebooted and stuck at "working on updates 0%" for hours The only thing happening is the USB drive is flashing like mad.What do I do???? I don't want crash Windows so it won't boot by powering off or something.

:)

LiteWaiit, May 20, 2022
  2. TomStrong Win User

Downloading updates stuck at 0%

Hello everyone, Windows Update has been stuck at 0% every time I've tried in the last couple of days (see screenshot). These are the two updates available:

• Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3103688).

• Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3105213).

Windows 10 20H2 stuck at "working on updates 0%" for hours [​IMG]

TomStrong, May 20, 2022
  3. Downloading updates stuck at 0%

Please run the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
    http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262
    Please provide the exact details of any problem it reports as not fixed.

Sumit Dhiman, May 20, 2022
  4. antares Win User

Windows Update stuck at 0%

Hi, I have a Windows 10 notebook, Windows updates downloaded and installed fine. I installed Office 2016 and when running WIndows Update it will list all available updates for Office, but it's always stuck at 0% downloading. Any hint? Thanks

UPDATE: Disconnected/Reconnected Internet access and restarted Windows and somehow that cleaned it and WIndows Update resumed normal operation.

antares, May 20, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 20H2 stuck at "working on updates 0%" for hours - Similar Threads - 20H2 stuck working

2. Windows update 22H2 at update 0% for hours.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update 22H2 at update 0% for hours.: I started the Windows 11 22h2 update, using a thumb drive to get enough space and now it is frozen. It is saying Working on updates 0% Please keep your computer on. It has been like this for hours and the thumb drive is super hot. I am not sure how to stop it and just keep...
  3. Windows update 22H2 at update 0% for hours.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update 22H2 at update 0% for hours.: I started the Windows 11 22h2 update, using a thumb drive to get enough space and now it is frozen. It is saying Working on updates 0% Please keep your computer on. It has been like this for hours and the thumb drive is super hot. I am not sure how to stop it and just keep...
  4. Windows 10 20H2 stuck at "working on updates 0%" for hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 20H2 stuck at "working on updates 0%" for hours: Using the Windows Update Assistant installer I downloaded, it realized it didn't have enough disk space so I add a blank 16GB to the mix.Seemed to run through setting things up, rebooted and stuck at "working on updates 0%" for hours The only thing happening is the USB drive...
  5. Windows 10 20H2 stuck at "working on updates 0%" for hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 20H2 stuck at "working on updates 0%" for hours: Using the Windows Update Assistant installer I downloaded, it realized it didn't have enough disk space so I add a blank 16GB to the mix.Seemed to run through setting things up, rebooted and stuck at "working on updates 0%" for hours The only thing happening is the USB drive...
  6. Windows 10 gets stuck at 0% when "working on updates" for version 20H2 Running version 1703

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 gets stuck at 0% when "working on updates" for version 20H2 Running version 1703: I have an HP stream laptop that I've had for almost 2 and a half years now that I've been trying to update basically nonstop for the past 3-4 days and it just won't. [note: I tried to use the normal method of getting updates, but I am on 1703 and Windows Update says that I am...
  7. Windows 10 20h2 update stuck at 30% after 8 hours.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 20h2 update stuck at 30% after 8 hours.: It says working on updates 30%, Don't turn off your computer. This will take a while. submitted by /u/Prince_Paradox007 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jq0e9n/windows_10_20h2_update_stuck_at_30_after_8_hours/
  8. Stuck on "Working on Updates" for 9 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on "Working on Updates" for 9 hours: So I finally decided to run the windows update last night and when I woke up today it is only at 30% and I have yet to see it progress any further. It says dont turn off PC, however I'm not going to wait more days for some update. Anything I can try before just rebooting it?...
  9. Windows 10 Update not working, stuck at downloading 0%

Windows 10 Update not working, stuck at downloading 0%: Hi all I try since a couple of days to make the Updates on my Windows 10 PC work, but they always stuck the above state downloading 0%. I have used al available methods, stoping differnt services renaming the folders. No effect. The troubleshooter says that he cannot find...
  10. Working on updates at 0% for 9 hours

Working on updates at 0% for 9 hours: Hello people, I'm trying to update Windows 10 from 1809 to 1903. The downloading phase was quick, installation took well over 7 hours and now I'm at the restarting stage. The blue screen says working on updates 0% for 9hours. I was wondering whether these astronomical...