Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last year I upgraded windows 10 1809 to 2004 on a Dell Latitude 5510. I sysprepped the image and I have been deploying it to different model Dells... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SliderQi, Jan 10, 2021.

1. SliderQi Win User

Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue

Last year I upgraded windows 10 1809 to 2004 on a Dell Latitude 5510. I sysprepped the image and I have been deploying it to different model Dells without any problem.

Now I upgraded that 2004 image to 20H2. Update was successful, sysprep runs successfully and laptop shuts down. When I reboot the same laptop or deploy the sysprepped image to other computers, they start to boot and then I get a message "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation." I hit enter and the laptop reboots, this loop continues.

I had problems with sysprep in the past, usually it ended with a blue screen, I have never seen this error.

Latest updates are applied after the upgrade to 20H2. Any helps would be appreciated.

:)

SliderQi, Jan 10, 2021
  2. SliderQi Win User

Thanks for the reply Paul. That thread was helpful while back when I created my windows 10 image.
    Question is that what changed from 2004 to 20H2 that fails the boot on the same laptop after sysprep. Even sysprep does not throw any errors, it's the boot after the sysprep.

SliderQi, Jan 10, 2021
  3. SliderQi Win User

Last year I upgraded windows 10 1809 to 2004 on a Dell Latitude 5510. I sysprepped the image and I have been deploying it to different model Dells without any problem.

Now I upgraded that 2004 image to 20H2. Update was successful, sysprep runs successfully and laptop shuts down. When I reboot the same laptop or deploy the sysprepped image to other computers, they start to boot and then I get a message "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation." I hit enter and the laptop reboots, this loop continues.

I had problems with sysprep in the past, usually it ended with a blue screen, I have never seen this error.

Latest updates are applied after the upgrade to 20H2. Any helps would be appreciated.

SliderQi, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue

Hello @SliderQi,

@Kari is our expert on problems like this. As I have mentioned him in the post, he may well see this post and be able to help you.

Paul Black, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue - Similar Threads - 20H2 sysprep image

2. Windows 10 20H2 sysprep problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 sysprep problem: I upgraded my windows 10 enterprise image from 1803 to 2004 on a Dell Latitude 5510 laptop, sysprepped it and deploy it successfully. Now, I upgraded the 2004 image to 20H2 using ISO image downloaded from MS volume licensing site. It's done on the same model Dell 5510...
  3. Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue: Last year I upgraded windows 10 1809 to 2004 on a Dell Latitude 5510. I sysprepped the image and I have been deploying it to different model Dells without any problem. Now I upgraded that 2004 image to 20H2. Update was successful, sysprep runs successfully and laptop shuts...
  4. Windows 10 Sysprep causing issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Sysprep causing issues: I accidentally ran Sysprep (Out of box experience / Generalize) and now my computer is behaving erratically. Running Windows 10 Pro. I don't have a restore point. Is there anything I can do? submitted by /u/QREL_ [link] [comments]...
  5. sysprep issue

in Windows 10 Support
    sysprep issue: Hello, collegues. I have virtual machine with Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSC Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.1039). There has some configuration and installed some apps for workstations deployment. To reach my goal I need to perform `sysprep /generalize /oobe /quit`, but I got...
  6. Creating a deployment windows 10 image

Creating a deployment windows 10 image: Looking to create a deployment method for windows 10 pro image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-deployment-windows-10-image/0e17cc7e-fc76-461e-a0b7-a6ca36ef2da4
  7. Creating/Deploying Windows 10 Image

Creating/Deploying Windows 10 Image: Hi all, I'm only a part time computer geek (OK, so more than part time), but I haven't dived into Windows ICD or image deployment. I know you use ICD to customize a provisioning package or image, but are there official tools or ways of converting a working live Windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 deployment issues

Windows 10 deployment issues: Sorry couldn't post in any other forum. I am in the middle of preparing for a windows 10 deployment and it's failing miserably. I've tried everything from capture images through WDS, IDC, and MDT. I'd ideally like to use WDS. Right now on my Server 2012, I have the...
  9. Windows 10 1511 sysprepping and imaging (LOG)

Windows 10 1511 sysprepping and imaging (LOG): Hello, my native language is spanish but I will try to "make to undestand" all thigns that I will write here. May be there is not the place to log, but is my first time testing the installation to sysprep and image Windows 10 1511 (10586.0), and perhaps help to others....
  10. SYSPREP issues

SYSPREP issues: Hi, I am wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issues i am, after (apparently successfully) SYSPREPping a Windows 10 (clean) installation, and restarting it? BTW: i have used a very simple autoanswer file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix windows os 1809 bluescreen after sysprep