Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 takes upwards of 1 minute to login

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 takes upwards of 1 minute to login in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; First let me add some clarity and prevent confusion, I am not talking about my laptop's boot time, rather, I am talking about the time from me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArmadilloHead02, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Windows 10 20H2 takes upwards of 1 minute to login

First let me add some clarity and prevent confusion, I am not talking about my laptop's boot time, rather, I am talking about the time from me inputting my pin, to landing on the desktop. This can take anywhere between 50 seconds and 1 minute and 30 seconds, maybe even longer.

SPECS

-CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U

-RAM: 8GB DDR4

-SSD Windows installed on SSD: 256GB SATA

-HDD: 1TB SATA

LIST OF START-UP APPLICATIONS FROM TASK MANAGER

-BYODClient - necessary to connect to school network

-Google Drive File Stream - necessary for school

-HyperX NGenuity - Mouse driver

-Corsair iCue - Keyboard driver

-Java Update Scheduler

-Logitech Download Assistant - Mouse driver

-Open Shell - Custom start menu and task bar

-Realtek HD Audio - Audio driver

-Autohotkey Script - This would have very minimal impact

-Taskbar Control - This would have very minimal impact

-Windows Defender Notification Service

Task Manager states that my last BIOS time was 4.2 seconds

Some potential causes of this issue that I can think of are Open Shell and the fact that some of my user directories Documents, Downloads, Music, Videos etc. excluding Desktop are located on my HDD, somehow that might impact login times.

Any assistance or ideas on what might be causing the problem would be appreciated.

:)

ArmadilloHead02, Feb 5, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Windows 10 20H2 takes upwards of 1 minute to login

More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD

I have a full description of the problem here: More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD

For some reason, a few weeks ago, my Windows 10 is taking over 1 minute to boot. That is, more than 1 minute just in that initial black window with the Windows 10 logo and the little dots circling.

1. That's my current hardwarespecifiations
    2. Windows boot screen stays more than 1 minute to then display the login screen
    3. Initially, I had just one Windows 10 x64 installation, then I installed a new Win10 on dual boot to compare
    4. After the new win10 dual boot installation, the boot time was reduced to 8 seconds (in this case the default win10 was automatically set to the new installation)
    5. But changing to default win10 startup to the old win10, the time came back to 1 minute
    6. Both win10 are with Fast Startup OFF
    7. Safe boot doesn't change the boot time
    8. The red led in front of the desktop (disk I/O) is completely OFF until the login screen is reached (so, no disk I/O during 1 minute)
    9. The drivers for BIOS, RAID, Motherboard are the same for both win10 installations, so it's not a hardware or driver problem.

RogérioDec, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 20H2 takes upwards of 1 minute to login

1. Windows 10 20H2 takes upwards of 1 minute to login - Similar Threads - 20H2 takes upwards

2. Windows 10 slow login time, taking upward of 20 minutes but less than a minute to boot from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 slow login time, taking upward of 20 minutes but less than a minute to boot from...: Hi all, my guess is an abundance of startup programs which slow the load to desktop, but checking startup and the calculated startup time 2 mins, there aren't many programs besides needed ones no more than several that could slow it to such a degree.Honestly though I don't...
  3. Windows 10 slow login time, taking upward of 20 minutes but less than a minute to boot from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 slow login time, taking upward of 20 minutes but less than a minute to boot from...: Hi all, my guess is an abundance of startup programs which slow the load to desktop, but checking startup and the calculated startup time 2 mins, there aren't many programs besides needed ones no more than several that could slow it to such a degree.Honestly though I don't...
  4. Windows 10 slow login time, taking upward of 20 minutes but less than a minute to boot from...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 10 login takes 15 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 login takes 15 minutes: My Windows 10 system takes approx 15 min to boot 2 min and logon 13 min. The time has been gradually increasing for sever months. During this time there is continuous disk activity, as shown by the front panel LED.I want to determine the causes of this delay, and fix the...
  6. windows 20h2 takes 73 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 20h2 takes 73 minutes to boot: so when i update to 20h2 it take 73 mins to boot like it shouldnt even take that long somebody help me please im trying to do my school on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-20h2-takes-73-minutes-to-boot/0cd6b4fb-3915-4b9b-b08f-78ad2fc81b64
  7. Win 10 login takes three minutes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 login takes three minutes: First logon in the morning takes three every morning. I found this message in the event viewer: The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> took 225 seconds to handle the notification event Logon. What do I do next?...
  8. windows 10 takes 40 minutes upwards to an hour to log on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 takes 40 minutes upwards to an hour to log on.: ever since i upgraded from 4 gb to 8 gb, going in from a cold boot on windows 10 would cause everything to load rather quickly, but it taking 40 minutes to an hour to actually login to windows, i dont know why and logging in from sleep mode logs in instantly. submitted by...
  9. Windows 10 takes upwards of a couple hours to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes upwards of a couple hours to boot: My PC has been having issues with booting for the last month or two. Sometimes when i start up i get the spinning dots for 30 minutes to an hour to this last time it took over 2 hours just to reach the login screen. I checked SFC the first time and i got several errors...
  10. Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot: Hello everyone, I have a lenovo y50 laptop with some decent specs: (i7-4700HQ, 8 GB Ram, Gtx 860m, 1TB HDD + 8 GB SSHD [Potential Problem Cause]). The HDD is WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB I never remember that my laptop had better boot times than 40 seconds. Every...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 20h2 debug boot time to desktop