Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 - unable to enable or dismiss App and Browser Control. Performed vanilla...

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 - unable to enable or dismiss App and Browser Control. Performed vanilla... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mintconditioneggs [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mintconditioneggs, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Windows 10 20H2 - unable to enable or dismiss App and Browser Control. Performed vanilla...

/u/mintconditioneggs, Jan 14, 2021

2. Unable to enable a startup app

I can't enable windows store app to start with windows.

The step I folowed are

• Open task manager
    • go to startup tab
    • select the app
    • enable
    and when I reopen it's set at disable

The step recorder file

https://we.tl/t-wGtoYHVHfE

Nilon123456789, Jan 14, 2021
  3. "Sign-in to network" window is dismissed and doesn't open requested URL in browser after successful authentication

Some captive portals contains the URL links, which user can be redirected to after authentication process is completed.

* Which version of OS are you using?

Windows Phone 8.1

* Which Windows Phone build are you using?

* What device are you using?

Nokia's Windows Phone 8 models (Lumia 1320, 1520, 720, 630, 520, 830)

* What steps will reproduce the problem? (Please provide the minimal
    reproducible test case.)

• Unauthenticated client open "Sign-in to network" (system app)

• Captive Portal is opened in "Sign-in to network" app

• User is authenticated and should be redirected to the requested url from Captive Portal

• "Sign-in to network" window dismiss after gaining internet access

• Requested page should open the browser. This step is missing.
    * How frequently does the issue occur? (e.g. 100% of the time, 10% of
    the time)

100% of the time

* What is the expected output?

Requested page from Captive Portal should be opened in the browser.

* What do you see instead?

"Sign-in to network" window dismiss after gaining internet access, requested url from Captive Portal isn’t opened in the browser

* Optional: Other information that would be helpful in resolving the
    issue.

Appears to still happen in the release version.

UX Designer at SOCIFI

www.socifi.com

Jan Vašek, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Windows 10 20H2 - unable to enable or dismiss App and Browser Control. Performed vanilla...

Unable to connect to internet on browsers except for Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Nad,

Thank you for replying with the error messages received on trying to connect to internet on different browsers.

Please reply, did you try performing System restore as suggested in the above post?

If haven’t tried performing System restore, flush your PC’s
    DNS cache by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved. Performing the below steps will clear DNS cache from the computer and renew the IP configuration set on the computer.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      from the context menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter after each entries:
      • ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns
      • ipconfig /release
      • ipconfig /renew
    • Close the windows and check if the changes are effective.

If the above steps does not resolve the issue, perform
    System restore by following steps mentioned in the above post and check if it helps.

Write to us with the status of unable to connect to internet on other browser except for Edge on the computer
    for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 20H2 - unable to enable or dismiss App and Browser Control. Performed vanilla...

1. Windows 10 20H2 - unable to enable or dismiss App and Browser Control. Performed vanilla... - Similar Threads - 20H2 unable enable

2. How can I dismiss notification from app & browser control?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I dismiss notification from app & browser control?: App & browser control on my windows 11 laptop keep telling me that "potentially unwanted app found, your device may perform poorly". I cannot "dismiss" the notification and when I try to click the "review" button state that "no recent action". Please help coz this is so...
  3. How can I dismiss notification from app & browser control?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I dismiss notification from app & browser control?: App & browser control on my windows 11 laptop keep telling me that "potentially unwanted app found, your device may perform poorly". I cannot "dismiss" the notification and when I try to click the "review" button state that "no recent action". Please help coz this is so...
  4. WINDOWS SECURITY - APP & BROWSER CONTROL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS SECURITY - APP & BROWSER CONTROL: When I go to WINDOWS SECURITY, all of the links are disabled such that I am not able to open the VIRUS & THREAT PROTECTION, ACCOUNT PROTECTION, etc. sections. I discovered the issue when the APP & BROWSER CONTROL indicated "Actions recommended." with a warning symbol. All...
  5. App and Browser Control

App and Browser Control: Howdy! So in the middle of the day, I noticed that my App & Browser control setting was turned off, I don't remember turning it off ever, and I would never turn it off over any situation, I did download a file recently, but my Antivirus told me that the file was ok. my...
  6. App and Browser Control

App and Browser Control: Dear support, I have a question about the Check apps and files setting inside Apps and Browser Control. It's default is on "warn". But my question is, is it better to set it to"block" or keep it on warn? I am asking this, because for example the ransomware and core...
  7. How to disable app and browser control Windows 10 Version 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to disable app and browser control Windows 10 Version 20H2: Hello, I want to install an app and it gives me a 7-Zip error "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software." I have disabled Windows Defender and still, it won't install the app. I have a Windows 10 Home...
  8. App & Browser Control

App & Browser Control: Wonder if anyone has noticed that occasionally, the App & Browser Control is turned off, especially after updating builds. This is happening in my public versions 19041.388 and most Insider builds. Since the icon on the taskbar is hidden by default, its not noticed...
  9. App and browser control

App and browser control: Some apps stored, not installed, are shown as threats in App and browser control., example pw102-free.exe. It showed various other programs also. I have removed all of them. Still after removing them also it shows as shown below as if still files are existing. What to do?....
  10. App and Browser Control?

App and Browser Control?: I would just like to know what is the difference between Warn and Block? Would selecting Block prevent users bypassing the warning prompts for users? If yes, then since I am the only one using my own laptop and no one else, would it be fine to just leave it as Warn which is...