Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 Update download really slow. Crawling....

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 Update download really slow. Crawling.... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi TeamI upgraded a second laptop of mine to Windows 10 20H2 from Windows 7. Everything works fine except that its download speed for any update from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mohammed_Khan_001, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Windows 10 20H2 Update download really slow. Crawling....

Hi TeamI upgraded a second laptop of mine to Windows 10 20H2 from Windows 7. Everything works fine except that its download speed for any update from microsoft even for defender is super slow. It will either time out or download but at roughly 60-120kbps only or less. On my main laptop I noticed the same issue when trying to download from catalog directly but do note this main laptop was upgraded to 20H2 since Jan2021 without any issues of downloading from microsoft until now. Thought it maybe just Windows Update & Defender but even downloading updates from catalog section using edge brows

:)

Mohammed_Khan_001, Jul 4, 2021
  2. Curious Win User

Windows update downloads slow system to a crawl

I can always tell when Windows update is downloading updates. The entire laptop (8 GB ram and fast FIOS insternet) slows down to a crawl for most of that day. It becomes painfully slow to use.
    Is there anything I can do about that?

Curious, Jul 4, 2021
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Jul 4, 2021
  4. Windows 10 20H2 Update download really slow. Crawling....

Microsoft Patch Slows Computers to a Crawl

Microsoft’s automatic updates system has once again found itself in the limelight following an issue with Windows Desktop Search 3.01 which has slowed thousands of computers and is causing havoc for IT technicians around the world. Despite client computers being configured only to update currently installed software, numerous blogs have reported that the Desktop Search software is installing itself and then hogging resources by loading an indexer, resulting in client computers slowing to a crawl and file servers struggling with the increased load. A Microsoft spokeswoman says the company is looking into reports, but IT administrators won’t be too impressed with Windows Update at the moment as this comes just weeks after news that the update services secretly downloads and installs updates even on computers with automatic update disabled.

Source: The Register

Jimmy 2004, Jul 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 20H2 Update download really slow. Crawling....

1. Windows 10 20H2 Update download really slow. Crawling.... - Similar Threads - 20H2 Update download

2. Windows running at a slow crawl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows running at a slow crawl: Dell InspirionIntel Core i5-9400 @2.90GHz32 GB RAMWindows 11 x64For the past week or so my PC has become almost unuseable because of how slow it runs. I read there was recent update KB5007215 but I can not find a download link on the MS website.I've tried shutting down all...
  3. Slow to a crawl after 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow to a crawl after 20H2: I updated Windows 10 a week ago to 20H2 and I have had a host of problems including: disk usage always at 100%, startup taking 10-15min consistently, web based programs (chrome, discord) take AGES to open, wifi dropping/cutting out. I've seen other people mentioning BSODs but...
  4. Windows 10 is slowing to a crawl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is slowing to a crawl: Hey I've got Windows 10 v1909 and recently it became terribly slow. I had problems with BSOD for which i've consulted with the community and disabled Intel Turbo Boost 3 and uninstalled Kaspersky since they thought it might be conflicting with Malewarebytes. I've done a...
  5. Windows 10 slows down to a crawl

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 slows down to a crawl: So this has happened to me twice in the past week. Windows would just randomly slow down and start stuttering to the point where its unusable, and I would have to hard reset my machine. I run dual monitors, and in both instances, I was playing a game on one monitor, while...
  6. Windows 10 really, really, really slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 really, really, really slow!: My son's computer is suddenly incredibly slow, like 4 or 5 mins from a mouse click to a response. I have tried all the "Windows is running slow" fixes, but since I can't open any settings apps, I am really stuck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, but it won't - I have...
  7. windows update to 1709 failed and slowed to a crawl

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update to 1709 failed and slowed to a crawl: microsoft updated my desktop from 1703 to 1709 and it failed. the computer is down to a crawl. with the help of a tech i did a reset and it is even slower, to being disabled. can not download anything. where do i start? thank you 99751
  8. Copying files goes really fast then slows to a crawl.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copying files goes really fast then slows to a crawl.: I just got a new 8tb external drive and this started happening. 2.5 gb file mkv It'll have a burst of write speed completing 60-80% and then slow all the way to 0 and just trickle the rest, even though it fluctuates from as low as 5 up to 30-50mb until it's done....
  9. Windows update downloads slow system to a crawl

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows update downloads slow system to a crawl: I can always tell when Windows update is downloading updates. The entire laptop (8 GB ram and fast FIOS insternet) slows down to a crawl for most of that day. It becomes painfully slow to use. Is there anything I can do about that? 99260
  10. Startup slowed to a crawl

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup slowed to a crawl: Hi Everyone, I haven't been here for quite some time. About a week ago something changed with my Windows 10 startup. Everything seems to begin smoothly until the final blue screen finishes. There was usually a slight pause before the desktop appears but now just before my...