Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 Update Issues with Network Sharing

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 Update Issues with Network Sharing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have many of the systems running with Windows 10 with the build 18363.1256, and with those builds, we don’t face any problem with the network mapped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RamalingamVenkatasubraman, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Windows 10 20H2 Update Issues with Network Sharing

We have many of the systems running with Windows 10 with the build 18363.1256, and with those builds, we don’t face any problem with the network mapped drives. When we connect either by LAN or Wireless, the internet explorer will work without any issues.

The problem occurs only with the updated Windows 10 20H2. Generally, when the users connect with their LAN adapter, they don’t face any issue, and the problem arises with the wireless users and mixed group users.

Scenario

When the remote users take their device away, their internet explorer will not work after the restart and the machine will become very slow for the access.

We have followed the steps given by the support team, and nothing did work. The problem happens only with the wireless network and not with the LAN adapter. As a workaround, we may have to disconnect the mapped drives, and after the restart, the system will function well.

We strongly believe that the new update has some bug, and request you to check for the issues and give us a solution at the earliest.

Venkat

:)

RamalingamVenkatasubraman, Jan 7, 2021

2. Cannot open network and sharing center in windows 10

Hi Aman,

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• Do you get any error message, when trying to open network and sharing center?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to fix the issue.

Method 1: Install all the Windows 10 pending updates and check if it helps.

I suggest you check for the pending updates in resolving the issue.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Windows 10 will automatically install all the pending updates.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to try the below step to fix the issue.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    Run the DISM Tool and check.

The DISM tool checks the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Reference: I suggest you to follow the steps recommended in the below article for any network connection issues.

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Windows 10 20H2 network connection

Since upgrading from Windows 2004 to Windows 20H2 cannot connect to our network drives. The computer has a Local account created, and when I map to a network drive I get this error:
    Microsoft Windows Network: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.
    This was never a problem in any previous Windows update - what changed?
    We use local user accounts on several 'shared' computers. Normally when a user needs to connect to a network drive on one of these computers they will need to enter their network credentials. Then connection to the network will be made.
    Since updating to Windows 10 20H2 this no longer works. Anyone have a fix for this?
    Note: I have rolled back to 2004 and network connections work correctly, so this is definitely a 20H2 issue.

Mark Falzarano, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Windows 10 20H2 Update Issues with Network Sharing

Network Sharing

Hi Arya,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Are you trying to share the wireless network connection from Windows device to phone?
    2. What is the make and model of the phone?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?
    Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to sharing the Wireless network connection in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard and click on Network & Internet.
    2. On the network & Internet page, click on ‘Mobile hotspot’.
    3. Turn On’ Share my Internet connection with other devices under Mobile hotspot.
    4. The default network name and password will be available under Mobile hotspot.
    5. Enter the same password on the device which you’re trying to connect and check the status of the issue.

If you’re trying to share the internet connection, then refer the article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
    for more information.

If you’re referring to ‘File sharing’, I suggest you to refer the section ‘How do I troubleshoot sharing and folders’ from the article ‘File
    sharing over a network in Windows 10

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 20H2 Update Issues with Network Sharing

1. Windows 10 20H2 Update Issues with Network Sharing - Similar Threads - 20H2 Update Issues

2. Network Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Sharing Issue: I could access \\OtherUserPcName and enter their PC to view his shared file/folder, but others could not access \\MyPcName to view my shared folder. I have checked all the necessary options in network sharing setting, and my connection is set to private.Are there any settings...
  3. Network Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing Issue: I could access \\OtherUserPcName and enter their PC to view his shared file/folder, but others could not access \\MyPcName to view my shared folder. I have checked all the necessary options in network sharing setting, and my connection is set to private.Are there any settings...
  4. Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 file sharing issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 file sharing issue: Anyone have an idea why in Windows 10 2004 & 20H2 , can't share folder with an error "An error occurred while trying to share <folder name>. Access denied. The shared resource was not created at this time." Older Windows 10 versions 1909 and before, we do not have this...
  5. Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 file sharing issue

Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 file sharing issue: Anyone have an idea why in Windows 10 2004 & 20H2 , can't share folder/file with an error "An error occurred while trying to share <folder name>. Access denied. The shared resource was not created at this time." Desktop is joined to a domain. In Windows 7 & to the old windows...
  6. Network Share Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Share Issues: Hi, I've 2 PC's, called Desktop and Server from here on a home network. Desktop is an old homebuilt PC that started on Windows 7 and upgrade. It has a local account and an outlook account on it. However, everything is setup on the local account so that's my main account....
  7. Network Sharing Issues

Network Sharing Issues: Just recently bought a new desktop computer with Windows 10 and I'm trying to connect through a network to my Windows 7 desktop computer but unable to. However, I'm able to connect the network from Windows 7 to Windows 10 no problems. I watched about 30 different You Tube...
  8. Network Sharing Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Sharing Issues: Hi All Recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10. Attempting to share files mainly on the VLC app on an amazon firestick. Devices can see my laptop but are unable to log in. Im not being prompted for a password. Once i select the pc and navigate to it it just sits on a...
  9. Network sharing issues

Network sharing issues: I am having issues with opening a Microsoft access database through the network sharing system. The access database Is shared between 3 other desktop computers from my main computer which the database is downloaded on. The database works fine on the main desktop because it...
  10. Network Share Issue

Network Share Issue: Hi I posted here before about a network share issue I am having. Here's the story so far About two weeks ago I could share over my network via SMB,then that weekend there was an update to windows defender on saturday night,since then I haven't being able to share smb on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 20h2 network share not working

2. windows 10h2 update network problem

3. Windows 10 20H2 network issues