Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 Update: No audio devices installed

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 Update: No audio devices installed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After installing the Windows 10 20H2 update, all my audio devices are gone in the audio control panel. In the device manager my Realtek, nVidia and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrBloodymonday, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Windows 10 20H2 Update: No audio devices installed

After installing the Windows 10 20H2 update, all my audio devices are gone in the audio control panel. In the device manager my Realtek, nVidia and Creative devices show up. When plugging in a pair of headphones, the Realtek control panel even pops up and shows a new device. However, no audio devices are present within Windows and no audio can be played. I tried everything suggested on the internet (reinstalling drivers, troubleshooting, selecting basic Windows drivers, SFC /scannow etc.). Has anyone had this issue as well? I am really not looking forward to reinstall my Windows installation and hope to be able to fix this without spending my whole night reinstalling software Windows 10 20H2 Update: No audio devices installed :)

Edit: found a workaround in the Ease of Access Audio menu, but of course this can't be a permanent fix...

Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/MrBloodymonday
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MrBloodymonday, Apr 1, 2021
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Apr 1, 2021
  4. tiendat Win User

Windows 10 20H2 Update: No audio devices installed

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I install complete. But I open speakers properties has stop woking *Frown Windows 10 20H2 Update: No audio devices installed :(.

tiendat, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 20H2 Update: No audio devices installed

1. Windows 10 20H2 Update: No audio devices installed - Similar Threads - 20H2 Update audio

2. Windows 10 20H2 no audio output device installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 20H2 no audio output device installed: Hi,I have a problem with my audio devices.After my PC failed to update Windows 10 and restored the previous version, my audio devices are not working.My PC audio card is Realtek High Definition AudioWaiting for a response...
  3. no audio devices found after 20H2 install

no audio devices found after 20H2 install: Zero audio after 20H2 upgrade from 1909. I am on build 19042.985. Dell laptop, 5 years old, Win 10 OEM, Conexant audio which has failed driver updates for a long time but still worked. Rarely use audio on my laptop so I did not notice I had none until recently. Device manager...
  4. Audio Drivers and Devices Missing after Windows 10 20H2 Update

Audio Drivers and Devices Missing after Windows 10 20H2 Update: Hello, After MUCH trial and error and troubleshooting, I still am having audio issues on my Lenovo Thinkpad T420. It began with a red X over my volume button, and I further noticed that my sound devices are missing, and even my speakers both laptop and external do not work....
  5. Audio devices still broken in Windows 10 x64 20H2

Audio devices still broken in Windows 10 x64 20H2: Hi. Although this thread is closed: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fire-wire-audio-device-not-working-correctly-after/a2d349f3-eea6-4060-aa90-54d5aba25ad0?auth=1&page=1 The issues continue. My firewire audio interface can not hold a sample rate in...
  6. Windows 10 20H2 update not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 update not installing: Dear All, I have tried to install update 20H2 for Windows-10 two times now. Both times, it took close to 3 hours to reach about 60% and then gives error and then changes are undone. Same problem happened with 2004 upgrade as well. Could you please share any suggestions ?...
  7. "No Audio Output Device is installed" in Windows 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "No Audio Output Device is installed" in Windows 20H2: [ATTACH] I've been reading through various posts about this previously - seems like many people have had the above error with Intel and/or Realtek Audio. HOWEVER, I don't use Intel or Realtek audio on my PC. I'm have the latest 20H2 update and all Windows Updates...
  8. Windows 10 Update 20H2 not installing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update 20H2 not installing: Having a hard time updating Windows. I've downloaded the update, then when I restart to install my PC goes to the Gigabyte starting screen and says "diagnosing PC" and "attempting to repair". I then get to a blue windows screen that says "unable to install update, removing...
  9. No Audio device installed after windows 10 update

No Audio device installed after windows 10 update: Hi Getting problem with Audio device after windows 10 update. Windows Specification is given bellow My Device Details: HP 15-BS145TU Please do the needful as early as possible....
  10. no audio device installed in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no audio device installed in windows 10: no audio device installed in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/audio/612afda4-531f-4e9f-bb5f-14996ea245e6