Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 update not installing

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 update not installing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear All, I have tried to install update 20H2 for Windows-10 two times now. Both times, it took close to 3 hours to reach about 60% and then gives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TusharDeshpande, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 20H2 update not installing

Dear All, I have tried to install update 20H2 for Windows-10 two times now. Both times, it took close to 3 hours to reach about 60% and then gives error and then changes are undone. Same problem happened with 2004 upgrade as well.

Could you please share any suggestions ?

Edition - Windows 10 version 1909, OS build 18363.1139.

Device - Dell Inspiron 3542, 64 bit OS.

:)

TusharDeshpande, Dec 13, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Dec 13, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 13, 2020
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows 10 20H2 update not installing

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 20H2 update not installing

1. Windows 10 20H2 update not installing - Similar Threads - 20H2 update installing

2. windows 10 update 20h2 fails to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update 20h2 fails to install: Hey, so, this is pretty frustrating I'm trying to install the 20H2 update because Windows 10 is yapping at me about it, but whenever I try, it gets stuck restarting black screen and I have to manually restart it. Upon manually restarting, Windows then removes the update....
  3. Windows 10 update 20H2 Cannot install

Windows 10 update 20H2 Cannot install: So, it says virtual box needs to be manually unnistalled, i do not have it installed. After looking for answers, it seems i have files associated with it and followed this threat to fix it -...
  4. Failing to Install Windows 10 update 20H2

Failing to Install Windows 10 update 20H2: When I try to update from 1909 to 20H2 I get an error message: "We couldn't update the system reserved partition." The likely cause is supposed to be that the SRP is full and needs 15mb of free space. However, when I look in Disk Management at the two partitions in Drive 0,...
  5. Windows 10 Update 20H2 not installing for months

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update 20H2 not installing for months: This update hasn't gone through on my computer for months now, sometimes it will reset in the night and i get error "0x800f0845". It's starting to drive me a bit mad. I've tried using the windows 10 update assistant before with no help, all my drivers are up to date and...
  6. Installation of Windows 10 20H2

Installation of Windows 10 20H2: I recently got the option to download the Windows 10 20H2 update. After a while, when I was sure to update, I see my updates all uninstalled, and no option for Windows 10 20H2. What do I do?...
  7. Can't install Windows 10 20H2 update

Can't install Windows 10 20H2 update: I recently got a new laptop: Asus ZenBook 14 with Ryzen 7 4700U. Everything was fine and Windows updates installed normally. But the 20H2 update doesn't install. The laptop restarts by itself and the update fails. On top of that whenever that happens my AMD Radeon Software...
  8. Windows 10 20H2 Installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 20H2 Installation: I try to install Windows 10 "20H2" OS Build 19042.631, during windows installation setup why does it skip the part where I will enter a product key and choose which operating system i want? [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 10 Update 20H2 not installing

Windows 10 Update 20H2 not installing: Having a hard time updating Windows. I've downloaded the update, then when I restart to install my PC goes to the Gigabyte starting screen and says "diagnosing PC" and "attempting to repair". I then get to a blue windows screen that says "unable to install update, removing...
  10. Installing 20H2 update

Installing 20H2 update: Are there any disadvantages about installing Windows 10 20H2 update from Beta Channel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-20h2-update/2b3553b7-d14f-47c6-8b7f-a02742c2ca29