Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 Update

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I absolutely love this new update! But it took 16 hours to download from 1909 it started at 4 pm yesterday and ended at 6 am today So just wanted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DouglasR_518, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Windows 10 20H2 Update

I absolutely love this new update! But it took 16 hours to download from 1909 it started at 4 pm yesterday and ended at 6 am today So just wanted everyone to know how long it takes. btw i use a 2018 Dell Inspiron 15 5570 so yeah

:)

DouglasR_518, Apr 21, 2021

2. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Apr 21, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 21, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 20H2 Update

Update History is not showing v.20H2

Hi Dominic

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

This is normal behavior in Windows 10, typically when you install a Feature Update like 20h2, the update history is wiped, this is to prevent the user from trying to uninstall an update that was prior to the Feature Update, which would de-stabilize Windows
    10, the list should start building again, when some updates are applied to version 20h2 . . .

DaveM121, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 20H2 Update

1. Windows 10 20H2 Update - Similar Threads - 20H2 Update

2. Unable to install 2021-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install 2021-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems: I have problem installing 2021-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems. The installer gets stuck at 20% and then installation gets cancelled. I tried downloading and installing update manually but still same. I have searched the web and CBS Log...
  3. 20H2 Update Causing Issues

20H2 Update Causing Issues: Hi all, I clean installed 20H2 and ever since then I have been facing the below issues constantly: 1. Intermittent BSOD 2. Browser tab crashing intermittently Firefox, and Chrome 3. Error when trying to download games using EA Origin I am unable to revert to the previous...
  4. Windows Update Missing from 20H2 replaced with Deployment Activation

Windows Update Missing from 20H2 replaced with Deployment Activation: I am NOT on a domain nor connected to one. I am running 20H2 build of Windows and can no longer get Windows Updates. I keep getting message that they are available, yet when I click on "View Updates" it just brings me to the Windows Settings. If I click on "Update and...
  5. Update 20H2 corrupted system, broke windows hello and usb monitor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update 20H2 corrupted system, broke windows hello and usb monitor.: An update was installed yesterday on my surface pro running windows 10, the initial issue was that windows hello face recognition stopped working along with an external usb connected monitor. Fingerprint was broken as well but I wasn't using that. After investigation and...
  6. windows update 20H2 hangs at 88%

windows update 20H2 hangs at 88%: i tried updating my laptopwindows 10 yesterday around 8pm . By 12 am it was around 50% updatedso i could not turn of my computer i was up whole night to keep a check on my computerin the morning it showed 88% percent and my pc got disconnected from wifi afterwards i tried...
  7. I've been trying to complete the 20H2 update to Windows 10 with external storage and it...

I've been trying to complete the 20H2 update to Windows 10 with external storage and it...: This isn't the first update performed on this computer but it's the only one that continues to fail. I'm using a SanDisk 32GB as external storage because the computer doesn't have a lot of disk space available - I've used this method for past updates so I know it works.This...
  8. Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 failed 0xc1900101

Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 failed 0xc1900101: Whenever I update, After 1st restart, it goes upto 25-28%, then it restarts 2nd time, then it fails at 48% with a generic prompt message.After that it goes in recorvery mode to undo all the changes done during installation.After that my system boots up, showing Feature update...
  9. Error in Windows Update trying to install Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 -Error...

Error in Windows Update trying to install Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 -Error...: I am getting error "0x800703ed" trying to update windows to the new feature 20h2.I have tried a file scan, and dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup...
  10. Windows 10 Update to 20H2 issues?

Windows 10 Update to 20H2 issues?: Hi! So I’m trying to update my HP 250 G5 notebook with a Intel i3-5 to the latest Windows 10 update. Upon beginning the installation of 20H2, everything runs fine and normal, until the computer does one of the restarts it usually does out of random while updating. After it...