Windows 10: Windows 10 21H1 booting into OS rather than UEFI/boot menu

Discus and support Windows 10 21H1 booting into OS rather than UEFI/boot menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I own a 10-year-old PC running Windows 10 21H1 originally Windows 8. When I repeatedly press the keys to access either the UEFI or the boot menu, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Turtle11t, May 9, 2022.

1. Turtle11t Win User

Windows 10 21H1 booting into OS rather than UEFI/boot menu

Hi,I own a 10-year-old PC running Windows 10 21H1 originally Windows 8. When I repeatedly press the keys to access either the UEFI or the boot menu, it boots straight into the operating system. I also tried booting into it in the automatic repair option, used the command 'shutdown.exe /r /f /fw /t 00' while an administrator and even used a special key to try to get into the UEFI/boot menu, and it still boots into the operating system. Does anybody have a solution for this?

:)

Turtle11t, May 9, 2022
  2. Uplink10 Win User

Can't disable UEFI boot on HP 250 G3

I got it, I was not accustomed to UEFI (because on HP 4540s I disabled it) and I automatically thought that if I boot from the first menu it will boot in UEFI mode, but I have to go to second menu "Boot From EFI File" to get a list of EFI boot options:

Windows 10 21H1 booting into OS rather than UEFI/boot menu [​IMG]

I installed Ubuntu Mate and Windows 8.1 from the first menu (the picture) and they both installed in BIOS mode. Quite simple really.

Uplink10, May 9, 2022
  3. Alicia Win User
    Can't disable UEFI boot on HP 250 G3

I am really interested in this. I could not install Linux and I don't know why. Was it so simple to install it? The linux I want to install is elementary OS, but I can install other one. How can I do it? Thanks!

Alicia, May 9, 2022
  4. Windows 10 21H1 booting into OS rather than UEFI/boot menu

PC boots to UEFI menu

My Windows 10 PC is behaving strangely in that often when I turn it on, it turns itself off after a few seconds then turns on again but it will boot to the UEFI menu. From there I have the option to enter boot setup and it shows the boot order to be correct
    (i.e. first order in the boot queue is to my SSD with the OS on it) and I am able to choose to boot to the SSD, after which it will boot as normal and work fine. Sometimes, especially when I've only just turned the PC off, if I turn it back on it will boot
    fine. Given that it's not preventing me from using the PC it's not the biggest issue, but I was just wondering if anyone knew why this was happening or how to fix it. Someone suggested it might be a dead CMOS battery but I changed that out and it's still doing
    it.

MikeJones_434, May 9, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 21H1 booting into OS rather than UEFI/boot menu

1. Windows 10 21H1 booting into OS rather than UEFI/boot menu - Similar Threads - 21H1 booting rather

2. Windows 10 21H1 booting into OS rather than UEFI/boot menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 21H1 booting into OS rather than UEFI/boot menu: Hi,I own a 10-year-old PC running Windows 10 21H1 originally Windows 8. When I repeatedly press the keys to access either the UEFI or the boot menu, it boots straight into the operating system. I also tried booting into it in the automatic repair option, used the command...
  3. Windows 10 21H1 booting into OS rather than UEFI/boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 21H1 booting into OS rather than UEFI/boot menu: Hi,I own a 10-year-old PC running Windows 10 21H1 originally Windows 8. When I repeatedly press the keys to access either the UEFI or the boot menu, it boots straight into the operating system. I also tried booting into it in the automatic repair option, used the command...
  4. Unable to Boot to OS or BIOS/UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Boot to OS or BIOS/UEFI: * [Full discloser] I know this is a Microsoft forum, but this also involves Linux so any help is appreciated. So I thought it'd be a fun idea to dual-boot Linux Lite alongside my Windows 10 pro partition. It Started off fine, but I noticed when I restarted to go back to...
  5. HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot: HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot I had freshly installed windows 10 in my hp 15-be020tu notebook . Before installing iso in uefi mode ,i had install windows 10 in legacy mode and that was atleast booting a bit faster and apps were working faster . But when i...
  6. HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot: I had freshly installed windows 10 in my hp 15-be020tu notebook . Before installing iso in uefi mode ,i had install windows 10 in legacy mode and that was atleast booting a bit faster and apps were working faster . But when i shifted to uefi mode my laptop started to boot...
  7. Add UEFI entries to boot menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add UEFI entries to boot menu: I was wondering if there is any way to add a UEFI option to the bootmgr menu. I am trying to add GRUB to the boot menu; however, since Windows doesn't load anything but Windows in secure boot mode, I can't just load the GRUB file, hence the need to add the UEFI entry. My...
  8. Unable to Boot into UEFI Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Boot into UEFI Menu: Recently I wanted to install a Virtual Machine onto my computer, which for my VM requires me to change a setting in the UEFI BIOS menu for it to work. When i tried to load into the UEFI menu, with Settings->Update and Security-Recovery-Advanced Start-up-Restart Now and then...
  9. UEFI Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI Boot Menu: I went into my UEFI boot menu yesterday to try to boot to a USB drive and noticed the kanji-looking characters in the screen shot provided. I couldn't use the up/down arrow keys to select a different boot device. The tab key would take me to the "Enter Setup" and "Boot...
  10. Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu: Belarc reports UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. P11-B2 Operating System: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1511 (build 10586.494) Installed: 4/27/2016 5:58:22 AM Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB) Boot Mode: UEFI with successful Secure Boot. This is my brother’s computer:...