Windows 10: Windows 10 21H1 broke the majority of my games, they won't run anymore.

Discus and support Windows 10 21H1 broke the majority of my games, they won't run anymore. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; DEP solved only a few.The rest of the games can't even launch.AWFUL!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rheatarded, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Windows 10 21H1 broke the majority of my games, they won't run anymore.

DEP solved only a few.The rest of the games can't even launch.AWFUL!

:)

Rheatarded, Aug 3, 2021
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Aug 3, 2021
  3. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Windows 10 21H1 broke the majority of my games, they won't run anymore.

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 21H1 broke the majority of my games, they won't run anymore.

1. Windows 10 21H1 broke the majority of my games, they won't run anymore. - Similar Threads - 21H1 broke majority

2. Games won't run after rerolling to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games won't run after rerolling to Windows 10: I just rerolled from Windows 11 to Windows 10, turned off background activity, and have a cool cpu. Yet, after rerolling, my fps in just the menu of games declined to 1fps, if even. It runs great in everything else and was perfectly fine before the reroll, but now its dying...
  3. Windows 10 KB5005611 (21H1) released with major fixes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5005611 (21H1) released with major fixes: KB5005611 is now available for Windows 10 21H1, version 20H2 (October 2020 Update), and version 2004. This update is rolling out via Windows Update and WSUS for business, but Microsoft has also published direct download links for Windows 10 KB5005611 offline installers....
  4. Now 21H1 broke my system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Now 21H1 broke my system: 20H1 broke my system, tried to remove the update, reinstalled Windows, no luck. System performance issues. Was told it was issue between update and NVidia cards. That wasn't it, on my system. Did search and someone was talking about their NIC card. I turned many "features"...
  5. My game broke and broke my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My game broke and broke my PC: While loading into a game, it turned on HDR and then crashed. HDR is stuck on always now, and makes my games colors look weird. I’ve restarted my PC and uninstall the games that caused this. submitted by /u/OculusQuest2Owner [link] [comments]...
  6. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 21H1 update with no major changes

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 21H1 update with no major changes: In the last two years, we have seen a pattern of a major feature update, followed by a minor one with bug fixes and improvements. As we’ve reported previously, huge alterations are now happening to the release cycle of Windows 10 feature updates and the first update of the...
  7. Update broke my gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update broke my gaming: Recent feature updates to 1903 have made my gaming really choppy. I had the same issue in 1909 and went back to 1903 thinking that was the problem, but it wasn't. I've tried uninstalling the updates by doing it in control panel, command prompt with administrator privileges,...
  8. Why won't Games G5 not run in windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why won't Games G5 not run in windows 10?: Why won't games G5 run in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-games-g5-not-run-in-windows-10/56563287-3c65-44a8-b528-9671bb0f9bbb
  9. Quicken won't run anymore

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Quicken won't run anymore: I can't get Quicken 2017 Deluxe to run on my computer anymore. When I try to open quicken it opens to a page but then I just keep getting the blue circle spinning and it doesn't respond. I need to use task manager to close it. I called Quicken support and they tried several...
  10. Can't run games anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run games anymore: Hello, So I've had this issue lately that I'm not able to launch some games, or when I launch them, it will take forever to get them opened, if they don't crash before it opens, or freeze. I can launch some games like Battlefield V from the Origin Store, Dead Cells from...