Windows 10: Windows 10 21H1 cannot type in the search bar in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Windows 10 21H1 cannot type in the search bar in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since upgrading to 21H1, I have had this error where I cannot search for files in Windows explorer unless I restart my PC or restart Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WillieWhite4, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Windows 10 21H1 cannot type in the search bar in Windows Explorer

Since upgrading to 21H1, I have had this error where I cannot search for files in Windows explorer unless I restart my PC or restart Windows explorer.exe How could I fix this error?

:)

WillieWhite4, Dec 6, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2021
  3. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Dec 6, 2021
  4. Windows 10 21H1 cannot type in the search bar in Windows Explorer

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 21H1 cannot type in the search bar in Windows Explorer

1. Windows 10 21H1 cannot type in the search bar in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - 21H1 cannot type

2. Cannot type in search bar.

in Cortana
    Cannot type in search bar.: The search bar appears, and I can click on it and also paste things, but I cannot type anything in it. Whatever I tried to do according to other posts, it only fixes it during the current session, and after a reboot, it is malfunctioning again. Please help....
  3. Cannot type in search bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in search bar.: The search bar appears, and I can click on it and also paste things, but I cannot type anything in it. Whatever I tried to do according to other posts, it only fixes it during the current session, and after a reboot, it is malfunctioning again. Please help....
  4. Cannot type in search bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 21H1 cannot type in the search bar in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 21H1 cannot type in the search bar in Windows Explorer: Since upgrading to 21H1, I have had this error where I cannot search for files in Windows explorer unless I restart my PC or restart Windows explorer.exe How could I fix this error?...
  6. Windows 10 21H1 cannot type in the search bar in Windows Explorer

in Cortana
    Windows 10 21H1 cannot type in the search bar in Windows Explorer: Since upgrading to 21H1, I have had this error where I cannot search for files in Windows explorer unless I restart my PC or restart Windows explorer.exe How could I fix this error?...
  7. Windows 10 - Cannot type in search bar and file explorer search

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - Cannot type in search bar and file explorer search: Hey,My windows 10 search bar bottom left and file explorer search bar are both not working properly, I cannot type into these boxes, however, I can copy and paste into them by right click and then paste but NOT by ctrl+v. I have tried many fixes for this but I am yet to find...
  8. Cannot type into any field including search bar or Windows Explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot type into any field including search bar or Windows Explorer search bar: I uninstalled an update of windows as i was trying to troubleshoot a mouse connection issue. since the uninstall i have not been able to type into a search bar. I have tried several troubleshooting options on this forum with no positive results. one thing to note when i try...
  9. Windows 10 "Cannot type in Search bar"

in Cortana
    Windows 10 "Cannot type in Search bar": I had to reset Windows 10 then install all updates. Now I cannot type in the search bar. I have to select the Windows icon then type. I tried several fixes found here in the forum for same issue but nothing worked....
  10. Cannot type in Search Bar of Windows 10

in Cortana
    Cannot type in Search Bar of Windows 10: Recently after I updated Windows 10 the search box on the taskbar was working. I can't type anything in this box. I tried all the tricks: -Rebuilding Index -Command prompt commands - Powershell Commands etc that I found. But I am unable to fix the issue. Please Help!...