Windows 10: Windows 10 21h1 default profile customization

Discus and support Windows 10 21h1 default profile customization in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Are there any instructions on how to log in under audit mode, customized the profile to its entirety, precisely how i want it, then copy it to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by J_buck, Sep 20, 2021.

1. J_buck Win User

Windows 10 21h1 default profile customization

Are there any instructions on how to log in under audit mode, customized the profile to its entirety, precisely how i want it, then copy it to the default users profile, so every user logging in gets that exact same profile?I've been scouring all of microsoft and the web looking for answers only to find that for 21h1 it seems that copy profile has been deprecated and microsoft is making everything more and more difficult to manage the way WE need.I'm the system admin for a non-profit tv station and my users don't need solitare or xbox, or all the bloat that MS is shoving at us. I don't want t

:)

J_buck, Sep 20, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Windows 10 21h1 default profile customization :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 20, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Copy Customize Profile to Default Profile

The default user profile will be modified, all your customizations saved, if you use /generalize switch with Sysprep, and your answer file contains the following setting in settings pass Specialize:

<CopyProfile>true</CopyProfile>

See this tutorial, Step 4.3: Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10 | Tutorials

4. Zman Win User

Copy Customize Profile to Default Profile

Haven't been able to get the copyprofile to work, seems like it there just poof don't work. Not sure why. Thus I was wondering if another way can be done to do the same function as this is having issues.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 21h1 default profile customization - Similar Threads - 21h1 default profile

2. Customize Default Profile for AzureAD Users?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize Default Profile for AzureAD Users?: Hello, Is there a way to customize the Default Profile for AzureAD Users? We have a Windows 10 image that we captured using CloneZilla Lite Server. That image was then configured by changing the settings, default apps, items pinned on Start menu and Taskbar, as well as...
  3. Windows 10 Custom Profile Picture Compression

Windows 10 Custom Profile Picture Compression: Only noticed this since the 2004 update but it's actually REALLY annoying. I have a professional-looking custom profile picture and it looks fine on literally EVERY other website and platform except for Windows 10...in the Settings app it looks VERY VERY heavily compressed...
  4. Custom CPU profiles Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom CPU profiles Windows 10: I've recently played around with android, and android CPU governors and thought "hmm.... can I get something similar on windows?" I've already tried programs like one key optimiser, that underclocked my intel i5 8250u to 400MHz, but is it possible to create a CPU profile...
  5. Copy Customize Profile to Default Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Copy Customize Profile to Default Profile: Hello, I'm building an image for my work (education environment) and my boss choose to use Windows 10 LTSB. I was trying to manual inject the customize account I did into the default profile? This will allow any user whom signs in to get the "look and feel" as well as the...
  6. Copy Customize Profile to Default Profile

Copy Customize Profile to Default Profile: Hello, I'm building an image for my work (education environment) and my boss choose to use Windows 10 LTSB. I was trying to manual inject the customize account I did into the default profile? This will allow any user whom signs in to get the "look and feel" as well as the...
  7. Copy Customize Profile to Default Profile

in Windows 10 Support
  8. Question about customizing default profile in Audit Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about customizing default profile in Audit Mode: I am creating a new image for my company from a clean Windows 10 installation, and I want to use Audit Mode to set up the default profile. One of the programs we are required to have on all computers is Symantec Endpoint Protection which is pushed out as a remote...
  9. Customize Edge for default user profile

in Browsers and Email
    Customize Edge for default user profile: Hello All I would like to know what settings can be customized in Edge and copied to default user profile. So it will be available for all user logging to the machine. I tried to customize Edge, set a home page and display the favorite toolbar for example. However after...
  10. Customize Default User Profile for New Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Default User Profile for New Accounts in Windows 10: How to: Customize Default User Profile for New Accounts in Windows 10 How to Customize Default User Profile for New Accounts in Windows 10 [img] Information Default User Profile is stored in a hidden folder in main profile folder Users. When a new user is created,...