Windows 10: Windows 10 21H1 keeps installing the outdated AMD 20.12.1 driver when i already have the...

Discus and support Windows 10 21H1 keeps installing the outdated AMD 20.12.1 driver when i already have the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For roughly a week, maybe a few days longer, windows 10 keeps installing the outdated AMD 20.12.1 driver. It happens as soon as it checks for updates,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aerpoweron, May 27, 2021.

1. Windows 10 21H1 keeps installing the outdated AMD 20.12.1 driver when i already have the...

For roughly a week, maybe a few days longer, windows 10 keeps installing the outdated AMD 20.12.1 driver. It happens as soon as it checks for updates, or when i hit search for updates by myself.I never had that issue before.I really would like to have the latest AMD GPU drivers installed, so i can run Raytracing in the latest games. I run a 6900XT and have all the windows updates installed. Does anyone experience the same issue with AMD or even Nvidia GPUs?If yes, how did you solve it? Disabling driver install for new hardware did not work.

:)

Aerpoweron, May 27, 2021

2. Windows Update download and installs outdated driver

• My AMD Radeon R5 M355 graphics driver is outdated a bit and I want it to get updated. I go the official webpage to download the display driver that is more updated compared to the one that was installed. I download Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)
      to remove the older graphics driver then running the uninstaller in safe mode then eventually go through the process of installing the new one successfully. However when I install the new one, Windows Update keeps downloading and installing a more outdated
      version of it. Why would windows do this? How could I stop it?

• Old AMD Radeon R5 M355 (Windows Automatically installed)

Windows 10 21H1 keeps installing the outdated AMD 20.12.1 driver when i already have the... d3284ba2-d8e6-464c-a11f-65aedc5aa18d.png

• More updated version of AMD Radeon R5 M355 (Installed Manually)

Windows 10 21H1 keeps installing the outdated AMD 20.12.1 driver when i already have the... f66fd722-82a4-46e8-a055-f48d376d509a.png

• The one that windows update installed on its own doesn’t even function property. When I try to access the AMD Radeon Setting I get a pop up saying “No AMD graphics driver is installed or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the
      AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.”

Windows 10 21H1 keeps installing the outdated AMD 20.12.1 driver when i already have the... 995ca1c1-70d1-46fa-9da9-ecf07b0ac0d5.png

·

• After manually downloading and installing the functioning driver again and going through the process of uninstalling the nonfunctional driver, I have been trying to avoid using windows update.

Windows 10 21H1 keeps installing the outdated AMD 20.12.1 driver when i already have the... 06cbd976-4713-4211-9538-bdc57708530b.png

Dragons952, May 27, 2021
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, May 27, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 10 21H1 keeps installing the outdated AMD 20.12.1 driver when i already have the...

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 21H1 keeps installing the outdated AMD 20.12.1 driver when i already have the...

1. Windows 10 21H1 keeps installing the outdated AMD 20.12.1 driver when i already have the... - Similar Threads - 21H1 keeps installing

2. Windows 11 keeps installing outdated/broken AMD GPU drivers via Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps installing outdated/broken AMD GPU drivers via Windows Update: There is this ongoing bug in Windows 11 where it keeps replacing the AMD GPU drivers with old ones all the damn time. I tried to disable the automatic device driver update but it does not do anything at all. The only thing that helps is to pause the updates for 6 weeks. This...
  3. Windows 11 keeps installing outdated/broken AMD GPU drivers via Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps installing outdated/broken AMD GPU drivers via Windows Update: There is this ongoing bug in Windows 11 where it keeps replacing the AMD GPU drivers with old ones all the damn time. I tried to disable the automatic device driver update but it does not do anything at all. The only thing that helps is to pause the updates for 6 weeks. This...
  4. Windows and AMD driver saying I have 2 displays when I only have 1 monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows and AMD driver saying I have 2 displays when I only have 1 monitor: problem is as title says, I have a Ryzen 5 Radeon Rx 580 with drivers for the GPU already reinstalled multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-and-amd-driver-saying-i-have-2-displays/89900bff-9837-455e-9ca7-b9a1d73572b0
  5. Outdated driver keeps getting reintsalled - Causing Crashes AMD Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Outdated driver keeps getting reintsalled - Causing Crashes AMD Windows 10: I recently rebuilt my PC. It worked fine for a few months but now i'm running into multiple BSOD errors. I believe it is being caused because of this driver.The 6700 XT Driver is my new graphics card and I believe the AMD RadeonTM Graphics driver is my old driverI've tried...
  6. Outdated driver keeps getting reintsalled - Causing Crashes AMD Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outdated driver keeps getting reintsalled - Causing Crashes AMD Windows 10: I recently rebuilt my PC. It worked fine for a few months but now i'm running into multiple BSOD errors. I believe it is being caused because of this driver.The 6700 XT Driver is my new graphics card and I believe the AMD RadeonTM Graphics driver is my old driverI've tried...
  7. Outdated driver keeps getting reintsalled - Causing Crashes AMD Windows 10

8. Windows updating outdated drivers for AMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating outdated drivers for AMD: Every time I update windows, it downloads and installs outdated AMD graphics drivers and I had to uninstall old graphics driver and install the latest one again and this takes like 8 hours of my time every time I had to update windows including updating windows. I even turned...
  9. Windows updating outdated drivers for AMD

Windows updating outdated drivers for AMD: Every time I update windows, it downloads and installs outdated AMD graphics drivers and I had to uninstall old graphics driver and install the latest one again and this takes like 8 hours of my time every time I had to update windows including updating windows. I even turned...
  10. Windows updating outdated drivers for AMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what amd software works with 21h1