Windows 10: Windows 10 21H1 RDP to Windows 2019 10.0.17763 VM - screen black and unresponsive

Discus and support Windows 10 21H1 RDP to Windows 2019 10.0.17763 VM - screen black and unresponsive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; These are the Event Viewer errors from Events\Applications and Service Log\Microsoft\Windows\RemoteDesktopService-RdpCoreTS\Operational during recent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tgibney, Jul 7, 2021.

1. tgibney Win User

Windows 10 21H1 RDP to Windows 2019 10.0.17763 VM - screen black and unresponsive

These are the Event Viewer errors from Events\Applications and Service Log\Microsoft\Windows\RemoteDesktopService-RdpCoreTS\Operational during recent RDP attempts from my workstation to the server. Similar errors as posted in similar question back from 2018.'Failed GetConnectionProperty' in CUMRDPConnection::QueryProperty at 2884 err=[0x80004001]'Reverse Connection Listener Name not found. Default Listener Name will be used.' in CUMRDPProtocolManager::CreateListener at 4151 err=[0x2]'Connection doesn't support logon error redirector' in CUMRDPConnection::GetLogonErrorRedirector at 4179 err=[0

:)

tgibney, Jul 7, 2021
  2. Chino Win User

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

As reported yesterday, Microsoft changed the way how they license Windows 10 to their OEM partners. But buckle in folks, the changes just keep on coming. In what looks like an effort to push Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 owners to upgrade, Microsoft has officially announced that Office 2019 will only work on machines with Windows 10 and the next LTSC release of Windows Server. That's only the tip of the iceberg though. Unlike previous version of Office that came with 10 years of support, Office 2019's support lifecycle is shortened to five years of mainstream support and two years of extended support. Additionally, the client applications are only available with a Click-to-Run installer. However, Microsoft will continue to provide a MSI installer for the server applications.

Windows 10 21H1 RDP to Windows 2019 10.0.17763 VM - screen black and unresponsive XkowHsyWUwEavPZz_thm.jpg

Chino, Jul 7, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 7, 2021
  4. londiste Win User

Windows 10 21H1 RDP to Windows 2019 10.0.17763 VM - screen black and unresponsive

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

Windows 7 went out of mainstream support on Jan 15, 2015.
    Windows 8.1 went out of mainstream support on Jan 9, 2018.
    And I doubt anyone on Windows 8.1 would mind too much upgrading to Windows 10. I definitely would not *Big Grin Windows 10 21H1 RDP to Windows 2019 10.0.17763 VM - screen black and unresponsive :D

They are supporting only Windowses currently in mainstream support. For Windows 10, they seem to have moved the support model to the bi-annual updates being supported for 2 years and more recently 1.5 years.

Has it been said if Office 2019 will actually work on Windows 7/8.1? Supported and actually working can be different things. Kind of like the "on supported hardware" comment above.

londiste, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 21H1 RDP to Windows 2019 10.0.17763 VM - screen black and unresponsive - Similar Threads - 21H1 RDP 2019

2. Windows 10 21H1 Unresponsive on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 21H1 Unresponsive on Desktop: Just starting this morning I haven't been able to use my computer due to unresponsiveness!!! The computer will boot up just fine but logging in it will be much slower than usual and when reaching the desktop screen the true issue comes up. The screen looks fine and mouse...
  3. RDP on WIN 10 connection problems to VM Server Win 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP on WIN 10 connection problems to VM Server Win 2019: Hi, i am trying to connect to a virtual server with RDP, but get a error like: Fehlercode: 0x4 Erweiterter Fehlercode: 0x0 Aktivitäts-ID: {eaf4b199-64bc-4254-8b30-86aa98e70000} i have a different connection on the same workstation, also to a Win2019 Server.. this one...
  4. Black Screen, cursor, windows is unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen, cursor, windows is unresponsive: Hi, I have windows 10 and it has always been slow. Cortana doesn't work. Start menu shows up greyed out the first time of use then second time opens after a few seconds delay. All actions take a good few seconds longer to perform than they should. I sent the pc back to...
  5. Unresponsive black screen in the morning but sleep function disabled - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unresponsive black screen in the morning but sleep function disabled - Windows 10: Since my laptop has upgraded to Windows 10 a few years ago, I've always had from what I recall the problem of finding my PC with an unresponsive black screen upon waking it from a long sleep. Fortunately, I was able to find a workaround by simply disabling the sleep function...
  6. Activation on Windows 10 17763

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation on Windows 10 17763: Split from this thread. Hi I've been part of the Windows Insider Programme from its inception. I'm running Windows 10 Pro - a free upgrade/migration from Windows 7 and then via Windows 8. For the last few years I have seldom done much development, except migrating from...
  7. Black search window when I connect to my VM via RDP (Windows 10 1903)

in Cortana
    Black search window when I connect to my VM via RDP (Windows 10 1903): I have VM with Windows 10 1903 from MSDN. When I open PC via Console (VMware vShpere) I see everything in search window. When I connect to that VM via RDP, Search window is black. Nothing is displayed. How to fix it? Is it a bug? (Problem doesn't occur for older Win10...
  8. Windows 10 unresponsive blue screen

Windows 10 unresponsive blue screen: Immediately when I turn on my Windows 10 it is blue with a working cursor, no keys work except the off button and airplane mode which I pressed and now it permanently says "Airplane mode off" and won't do anything else....
  9. Windows 10 Education 17763 (1809)

Windows 10 Education 17763 (1809): Hi! My Windows 10 Laptop is running very slow. I am running Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 5025-u @ 2.00 Ghz, 2 GB AMD Radeon Graphics card and 4 GB RAM. Can anybody help me? My model is HP Notebook 14-ac153TX. I tried deleting temp. files, freeing up disk space and a fresh, clean...
  10. Windows 10 pc's screen turn black, unresponsive

Windows 10 pc's screen turn black, unresponsive: Hello, I know multiple questions were asked about windows 10 black screen but I didn't find a solution that fit my problem. Long story short, This mostly happens while I play a video game, My computer screen turns black the computer itself is still on(mouse and keyboard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Reverse Connection Listener Name not found. Default Listener Name will be used. in CUMRDPProtocolManager::CreateListener at 4151 err=[0x2]