Windows 10: Windows 10 21H1 refuses to let me log in after upgrading from 20H2

Discus and support Windows 10 21H1 refuses to let me log in after upgrading from 20H2 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I decided to upgrade from build 20H2 to build 21H1 but Windows now won't let me log into any user accounts, not even my own Microsoft account. The... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by rughksu, Jul 3, 2021.

1. rughksu Win User

Windows 10 21H1 refuses to let me log in after upgrading from 20H2

I decided to upgrade from build 20H2 to build 21H1 but Windows now won't let me log into any user accounts, not even my own Microsoft account. The setup forced me to select the "Nothing" option when upgrading and now there's no way of logging into any user accounts. There simply aren't any accounts to log into. The setup didn't even prompt me to create a user account, but the most strange thing is that not even Microsoft accounts work. I tried opening the command prompt to use the net user add command but there is no way of opening cmd in the lock screen.

:)

rughksu, Jul 3, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 3, 2021
  3. midgo Win User
    KB5004476 Windows 10 2004 19041.1055, 20H2 19042.1055, 21H1 19043.1055 Win Update

Clicking on Task Scheduler Library.
    The only mention of Edge in Task Scheduler that I can see I have already disabled.

Windows 10 21H1 refuses to let me log in after upgrading from 20H2 [​IMG]

midgo, Jul 3, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 21H1 refuses to let me log in after upgrading from 20H2 - Similar Threads - 21H1 refuses let

2. Could not upgrade Windows 10 from 20H2 to 21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not upgrade Windows 10 from 20H2 to 21H1: I've been trying to upgrade to Windows 10 21H1 for a long time, but so far no luck. I am on version 20H2. Please let me know if any logs are needed to diagnose the problem....
  3. Could not upgrade Windows 10 from 20H2 to 21H1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could not upgrade Windows 10 from 20H2 to 21H1: I've been trying to upgrade to Windows 10 21H1 for a long time, but so far no luck. I am on version 20H2. Please let me know if any logs are needed to diagnose the problem....
  4. Could not upgrade Windows 10 from 20H2 to 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 21H1 uodate will not let me log in after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 21H1 uodate will not let me log in after update: I installed the 21H1 update. After final reboot I am at the locksxreen for my user and password. It does not accept either. I ak told on screen I can reset on lock screen or at the website. Since there is not aoption on lock screen toreset I went to the website. I change my...
  6. Windows 10 21H1 uodate will not let me log in after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 21H1 uodate will not let me log in after update: I installed the 21H1 update. After final reboot I am at the locksxreen for my user and password. It does not accept either. I ak told on screen I can reset on lock screen or at the website. Since there is not aoption on lock screen toreset I went to the website. I change my...
  7. Windows 10 21H1 uodate will not let me log in after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Upgrade fail from 20H2 to 21H1.

Upgrade fail from 20H2 to 21H1.: I've had problem upgrading my pc .. i couldnt upgrade form 2004 to 20H2 or from 20H2 to 21H1 .. it shows the Windows update and then I download it and then it fails.. and then the update disappears.. and then when I try thru upgrade assistant it fails and rolls back.. and if...
  9. Can't Upgrade Windows 10 from 20H2 21H1

Can't Upgrade Windows 10 from 20H2 21H1: Current version is 20H2 Build 19042.867Window Update shows the upgrade to 21H1Clicking on it gets to the restart point.Restart quits at 7% then say could not update.Update and security shows failed to update Error 0X8007003Ran Troubleshooter. Results negative. Results in...
  10. Pc refuses to let me log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pc refuses to let me log in: I turned my laptop into safe mode and i restarted by computer and now it says to log in, i have made sure i have used the correct password but my laptop refuses to log in so now im stuck logged out of my laptop...