Windows 10: Windows 10 21H1 Unresponsive on Desktop

Discus and support Windows 10 21H1 Unresponsive on Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just starting this morning I haven't been able to use my computer due to unresponsiveness!!! The computer will boot up just fine but logging in it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shadowghost7, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Windows 10 21H1 Unresponsive on Desktop

Just starting this morning I haven't been able to use my computer due to unresponsiveness!!! The computer will boot up just fine but logging in it will be much slower than usual and when reaching the desktop screen the true issue comes up. The screen looks fine and mouse movement is shown, but quickly it will become unresponsive even while still showing mouse movement. I can't open up any files explorer or control panel. The start button is also completely unresponsive to left clicks 0r right clicks. To shutdown the computer I have to right click the start button and select from there, but even then its can be unresponsive. Task bar, Start Menu, Programs etc. become unresponsive. And only way to get out of it is to open Task Manager(Ctrl+Alt+Del) then close it, by doing this I can access to Start Menu or Programs just for three minutes or less before it become unresponsive again!!! I ran Mem86(9.2) test but no errors, clean boot or Safe Mode didn't resolve the problems, did try to reset but no luck or restore from Acronis True Image. Nothing was change in the System, I can get to my Bios just fine, but I have no clue what to do there or anywhere at all. All drivers are up to dates and running Window 10 Pro 21H1

:)

Shadowghost7, Aug 11, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2021
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 11, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 21H1 Unresponsive on Desktop

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 21H1 Unresponsive on Desktop

1. Windows 10 21H1 Unresponsive on Desktop - Similar Threads - 21H1 Unresponsive Desktop

2. Game hangs desktop unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game hangs desktop unresponsive: I have a game that sometimes hangs, not sure why, maybe a network issue. The bigger problem is when I Ctrl/Alt/Delete and bring up the task manager to end the process I can't click on anything? The mouse curser still moves but nothing works when I click on it, I have to...
  3. Game hangs desktop unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game hangs desktop unresponsive: I have a game that sometimes hangs, not sure why, maybe a network issue. The bigger problem is when I Ctrl/Alt/Delete and bring up the task manager to end the process I can't click on anything? The mouse curser still moves but nothing works when I click on it, I have to...
  4. Game hangs desktop unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 21H1 RDP to Windows 2019 10.0.17763 VM - screen black and unresponsive

Windows 10 21H1 RDP to Windows 2019 10.0.17763 VM - screen black and unresponsive: These are the Event Viewer errors from Events\Applications and Service Log\Microsoft\Windows\RemoteDesktopService-RdpCoreTS\Operational during recent RDP attempts from my workstation to the server. Similar errors as posted in similar question back from 2018.'Failed...
  6. unresponsive desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    unresponsive desktop: So i recently rebooted my laptop using the cloud method, and now my desktop somehow doesn't technically exist?I can still drag files and folders on to my desktop, but when I try to save something directly to my desktop i get a pop up saying that it doesn't exist? even my cmd...
  7. Windows 10 unresponsive

Windows 10 unresponsive: My PC windows 10 freezes. I can only run in safe mode. My version is 19041.1 and occasionally I can click on something and 30 minutes I'll get the window up but then it freezes again. I suspect I need a new update but the last time the computer tried to update it aborted -...
  8. Unresponsive desktop on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unresponsive desktop on startup: Hello I faced this weird glitch or don't know what it was but today I installed the KB KB4530684 update, Windows 10 1909 build 18363.535, everything went fine the update installed, windows 10 booted up, welcome screen came and my desktop came as usual after that. After using...
  9. Windows 10 desktop unresponsive after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 desktop unresponsive after login: Hi, on my Acer 5750g laptop running Windows 10 I logged in as usual and the desktop initially didn't populate my desktop at all so i restarted and the desktop was there as usual but the laptop was running very very slow and even hovering over icons on the desktop had no...
  10. Unresponsive Part on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive Part on Desktop: hey, i am posting about a problem i have been having for quite some time, with windows 10 as well as 7. Its rather hard to explain, which could be the reason i came up empty on searching for it, so i'll start with an image: [img] Sometimes, after closing a full...