Windows 10: Windows 10 21H2 asking for PW in safe mode not working

Discus and support Windows 10 21H2 asking for PW in safe mode not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Upgraded a quality update for 21H2 and got the dreaded blue screen.Restart a number of times.Get to Advanced Options and try Start Up RepairAsks for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chris YVR, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Chris YVR Win User

Windows 10 21H2 asking for PW in safe mode not working

Upgraded a quality update for 21H2 and got the dreaded blue screen.Restart a number of times.Get to Advanced Options and try Start Up RepairAsks for my Windows 10 PasswordEnter my PW"The PW is incorrect. Try again" Still not working!Rebooted and tried again, still the same answerWent to Window login on another computer, entered PW and it works there.Rebooted etcstill not working!What to do?Thanks Chris

:)

Chris YVR, Dec 3, 2021

2. Windows 10 is not working even in safe mode

Hi All!
    Over the past few days the start menu was not working properly and after trying to fiddle with that for a few days, i decided to reinstall windows 10. The problem with this now is that it boots up properly, but all i get is:

Windows 10 21H2 asking for PW in safe mode not working windows10hero-100593399-large.png

And the only buttons i have are "Networks" and "Ease of access" in the bottom right. Nothing else. The current build i have for W10 is 10240

If anyone could give me some insight on how to fix this i would be forever grateful!
    Thanks.
    mm

Ps. Safe mode works but i want to be able to run it outside of safe mode without it looking like the picture above.

Mikeyman001, Dec 3, 2021
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 3, 2021
  4. Windows 10 21H2 asking for PW in safe mode not working

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 21H2 asking for PW in safe mode not working

1. Windows 10 21H2 asking for PW in safe mode not working - Similar Threads - 21H2 asking safe

2. Password Not Working in Safe Mode Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password Not Working in Safe Mode Windows 10: Today I installed some software that changed some cosmetic settings in Windows like colors, taskbar look, etc. and it was working fine for a while, but when I wanted to uninstall it, the program bugged out my taskbar and start menu. I wasn't sure what to do as there was...
  3. Windows 10 21H2 asking for PW in safe mode not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 21H2 asking for PW in safe mode not working: Upgraded a quality update for 21H2 and got the dreaded blue screen.Restart a number of times.Get to Advanced Options and try Start Up RepairAsks for my Windows 10 PasswordEnter my PW"The PW is incorrect. Try again" Still not working!Rebooted and tried again, still the same...
  4. Windows 10 21H2 asking for PW in safe mode not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 21H2 asking for PW in safe mode not working: Upgraded a quality update for 21H2 and got the dreaded blue screen.Restart a number of times.Get to Advanced Options and try Start Up RepairAsks for my Windows 10 PasswordEnter my PW"The PW is incorrect. Try again" Still not working!Rebooted and tried again, still the same...
  5. Windows Safe Mode Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Safe Mode Not Working: Hello all,I recently had a friend help build a gaming PC for myself: Ryzen 9 5900 CPU and Radeon 6800xt GPU. Everything was working fine until last night when I was playing World of Warcraft. Windows encountered an error and had to restart but when it did I got the white...
  6. Windows Safe Mode Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Safe Mode Not Working: Hello all,I recently had a friend help build a gaming PC for myself: Ryzen 9 5900 CPU and Radeon 6800xt GPU. Everything was working fine until last night when I was playing World of Warcraft. Windows encountered an error and had to restart but when it did I got the white...
  7. Windows Safe Mode Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 10 Only Works in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Only Works in Safe Mode: Hello, Recently, my PC has been randomly crashing no pattern to when it crashes, typically 0-60 seconds after logging in, sometimes not for hours, no blue screen or error codes, the monitor just says its disconnected and the computer is unresponsive. I have tried seemingly...
  9. Pin and PW not working , computer in airplane mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin and PW not working , computer in airplane mode: I have read EVERY thread and tried every tutorial given by Microsoft on them amd I cannot get into my computer. Left for a meeting and it was updating -Come back and it says "Something happened and your pin isnt available. Click to set up your pin again" -click setup pin...
  10. Safe mode, not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode, not working.: I am using w10 x64 version 1803.I do not know why, but I find I can not access safe mode anymore, at "msconfig", the "Boot" options tab does not work, "Shift" during shutdown, there is no option to "safe mode". The code in cmd also does not work, it informs not find the...