Windows 10: Windows 10 21H2 comes with new controls for human presence feature

Discus and support Windows 10 21H2 comes with new controls for human presence feature in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A few years ago, Microsoft added APIs for a feature called “Human presence”, which is currently used by companies like Lenovo and Dell on their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 6, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 21H2 comes with new controls for human presence feature

A few years ago, Microsoft added APIs for a feature called “Human presence”, which is currently used by companies like Lenovo and Dell on their flagship laptops. As the name suggests, Human presence allows the operating system and hardware to detect user presence, and enhance security while maintaining ease of use.

With Windows 10 Sun Valley update, Microsoft is introducing native controls for Human Presence. Currently, you can only manage this feature using the app bundled by OEM, but this will change with the Sun Valley update, which will include Group Policy and Settings to manage Human Presence.

As shown in the screenshot below, Microsoft is working on three new settings for Windows 10 – Force instant lock, Force instant wake and Lock timeout.

Windows 10 21H2 comes with new controls for human presence feature Human-Presence.jpg

When the first option “Force instant lock” is enabled, Windows will automatically lock your computer when you’re away from the screen. If you have the supported camera sensors, Windows 10 can sense when you’re sitting or standing in front of it, and detect when you walk away from the computer.

The automatic lock is triggered when you’re away from the computer for the specified timeout, such as 2 minutes, 30 seconds and 10 seconds. It can also detect distance – 1.2 meters, 2.5 feet, 0.6 meters or 1 foot – and lack your device automatically.

The second feature “instant wake” will enable touch-free logins when you sit down at your laptop.

As mentioned at the outset, human presence is not a new technology and settings are already offered with OEM software. With the Sun Valley update, Microsoft is bringing these options to the built-in Settings app and Group Policy editor, but the end effect remains the same.

In addition to these new features, Microsoft is also testing improvements for the taskbar and Action Center in the preview builds. The big user interface changes are currently expected to show up in June/July when the Sun Valley update will be finalized.

The post Windows 10 21H2 comes with new controls for human presence feature appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 6, 2021
  2. ssn650 Win User

New features and improvements coming to Windows 10

You've gotta be kiddin' me. There must be some way to disable this "Get the App" notification or else I'm staying away from Windows 10 for good. Total nonsense. This feature won't be available to Enterprise users, will it?

ssn650, Apr 6, 2021
  3. kenC Win User
    New features and improvements coming to Windows 10

Five good reasons for me to stick with W7

"For discovery and engagement, Microsoft will add a "Suggested" list, which will deliver smart suggestions of apps from the Windows Store if after a while you haven't installed any apps. You can also notice that the app tile also provides star rating and pricing information for a particular app."

"As the system learns your behavior using and installing apps, the Suggested list will become the "Recently added" list of apps. And when the users use the app enough, the apps will then get listed in the "Most used" list."

"Microsoft's Belfiore also noted that with these new tweaks, the Start menu is pretty much a final product. As such, we don't expect any more significant changes beyond what we see today."

"Cortana will also feature app discoverability from the Windows Store as users use search."

"Future updates of Microsoft Edge will include a new "New Tab" window with the most recent links users have visited in the form of tiles. If the site they visited has an app available in the Windows Store, you will see "Get the app" notification in the link tile as well."

kenC, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 21H2 comes with new controls for human presence feature - Similar Threads - 21H2 comes controls

2. Sudden missing presence sensing feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden missing presence sensing feature: Hi, my presence sensing feature mysteriously disappeared for no reason. I can't seem to turn it back on since the toggle itself is not in the settings anymore. I hope you can help me with this...
  3. Sudden missing presence sensing feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden missing presence sensing feature: Hi, my presence sensing feature mysteriously disappeared for no reason. I can't seem to turn it back on since the toggle itself is not in the settings anymore. I hope you can help me with this...
  4. Windows 10 KB5012599 (21H2, 21H1) released with new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5012599 (21H2, 21H1) released with new features: Windows 10 KB5012599 is now heading to users with tons of improvements, bug fixes and one new feature – Search highlights. In addition to Windows Update, direct download links for Windows 10 KB5012599 offline installers are also available for those who prefer to install...
  5. Windows 10 21H2 inches closer to launch with these new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 21H2 inches closer to launch with these new features: Windows 10 21H2 is now a step closer to release as Microsoft has finally started testing its features with testers in the Release Preview Channel of the Windows Insider program. Alongside Windows 11, Windows 10 version 21H2 is now set to launch in October-November as the...
  6. Is 21H2 windows 11 home or is 21H2 a separate feature update before windows 11 home comes...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is 21H2 windows 11 home or is 21H2 a separate feature update before windows 11 home comes...: HI I was wondering if I could get clarity on something. I was wondering will their be a 21H2 for windows 21H1 before windows 11 home free upgrade comes in october sometime? I was also wondering is windows 11 feature update 21H2?I am just curious about this. I do not have 21H2...
  7. Windows 10 21H2 comes with new features for Bluetooth audio

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 21H2 comes with new features for Bluetooth audio: Windows 10 has been criticized in the past for limited controls for audio devices, with users regularly reporting issues when using their Bluetooth devices for both voice and mic. There have also been complaints about the audio quality itself, especially when using premium...
  8. A look at the new features coming to Windows 10 with Redstone 5

in Windows 10 News
    A look at the new features coming to Windows 10 with Redstone 5: The next big update of Windows 10 is codenamed Redstone 5 and it’s projected to arrive in the fall. Windows 10 Redstone 5 is currently in development, and Microsoft is improving the OS with the help from Windows Insiders. Windows 10 RS 5 will be a big update, and it’ll...
  9. The Other New Features Coming With The Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    The Other New Features Coming With The Windows 10 Creators Update: Microsoft will release a new version of Windows 10 this spring that they are calling the Creators update. While they did announce the large features that will be coming with this release, the company also posted a video that shows some of the smaller updates that will arrive...
  10. New features and improvements coming to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New features and improvements coming to Windows 10: [img] During the Microsoft 2015 Build conference, Joe Belfiore took the stage to talk about how developers can easily build apps and take advantage of the new operating system. More importantly, he showed off a bunch of features and improvements, which are not available...