Windows 10: Windows 10 21H2 is getting stuck during login authentication

Discus and support Windows 10 21H2 is getting stuck during login authentication in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,Since the upgrade of Window10 from 1909 to 21H2 we are incurring a problem during login authentication. This problem is not consistent I haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pino Caruso, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Windows 10 21H2 is getting stuck during login authentication

Hi,Since the upgrade of Window10 from 1909 to 21H2 we are incurring a problem during login authentication. This problem is not consistent I haven't been able to replicate it yet on my devices and it is just affecting random users. The workaround is to force the restart of the computer, but the same user can incur this problem again randomly in the future.Below there is an example of how this problem will manifest on the user's PC:The user logs into a windows device let's say at 9:08 amThe user is waiting for the GPO to finish applying but it is not, it has gotten stuck;It is now 9:20am still s

:)

Pino Caruso, Jan 25, 2023

2. Windows Microsoft account authentication

I have a valid Microsoft account and a Windows 10 PC with Hello/PIN account login enabled. I also have the Microsoft Authenticator app installed on an iPhone and configured for the Microsoft account. Additionally, I have two step authentication configured
    for the Microsoft account. With all of that said, I have become very exasperated while trying to unravel the various authentication paths (and their security implications) through this multi level login security scheme. I find the associated account security
    documentation to be woefully inadequate. Thus, I would like to pose the following list of questions for starters.

1. Does Windows Hello/PIN amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

2. Does approving a Microsoft Authenticator login attempt (without two step verification explicitly set up)

amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

3. Does approving a Microsoft Authenticator login attempt (with two step verification explicitly set up)

amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

4. If answers to both 2 and 3 are yes, then what does explicit set up of two step authentication do?

5. Does a coherent, comprehensive document explaining Microsoft account security configuration exist somewhere?

6. If the answer to 5 is yes, wherer is it?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas E. Davis, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Stuck at login screen

As said in the title, my windows 10 is stuck at the login screen

Couldn't Hold shift and Restart because for some reason i don't have the shutdown button

It's nearly impossible to interact with the login screen, mouse moves but things don't get highlighted and no matter what you write it hever shows up.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Wisam Katanank, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Windows 10 21H2 is getting stuck during login authentication

Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

I tried everything that you suggested.

I am trying to login to Microsoft account.

And I am able to login using the web interface.

I used on-screen keyboard too. But the issue persists. It gives an error, and asks to try again.

Please help. I am stuck.

Thanks in advance.

vikas.bandaru, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 21H2 is getting stuck during login authentication

1. Windows 10 21H2 is getting stuck during login authentication - Similar Threads - 21H2 getting stuck

2. Keep getting authenticator login prompts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting authenticator login prompts: Hello Microsoft community, For the past few weeks I've been getting automatic authenticator prompts. I thought that someone somehow gained access to my password. Very unlikely because I use a password manager and a VERY strong password. Upon logging into my account it turns...
  3. Keep getting authenticator login prompts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting authenticator login prompts: Hello Microsoft community, For the past few weeks I've been getting automatic authenticator prompts. I thought that someone somehow gained access to my password. Very unlikely because I use a password manager and a VERY strong password. Upon logging into my account it turns...
  4. Keep getting authenticator login prompts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why is Microsoft Authenticator Stuck in a Login Loop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft Authenticator Stuck in a Login Loop?: I'm having trouble signing in to my Microsoft account using Microsoft Authenticator on Windows 10. I also use Microsoft Authenticator on my Android phone.Here's what's happening:When I attempt to log in, I receive a message that says, "We'll send a sign-in request to your...
  6. Why is Microsoft Authenticator Stuck in a Login Loop?

Why is Microsoft Authenticator Stuck in a Login Loop?: I'm having trouble signing in to my Microsoft account using Microsoft Authenticator on Windows 10. I also use Microsoft Authenticator on my Android phone.Here's what's happening:When I attempt to log in, I receive a message that says, "We'll send a sign-in request to your...
  7. Why is Microsoft Authenticator Stuck in a Login Loop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows 10 21H2 is getting stuck during login authentication

Windows 10 21H2 is getting stuck during login authentication: Hi,Since the upgrade of Window10 from 1909 to 21H2 we are incurring a problem during login authentication. This problem is not consistent I haven't been able to replicate it yet on my devices and it is just affecting random users. The workaround is to force the restart of the...
  9. Windows 10 21H2 is getting stuck during login authentication

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 21H2 is getting stuck during login authentication: Hi,Since the upgrade of Window10 from 1909 to 21H2 we are incurring a problem during login authentication. This problem is not consistent I haven't been able to replicate it yet on my devices and it is just affecting random users. The workaround is to force the restart of the...
  10. authentication 802.1x login not showing Windows 10

authentication 802.1x login not showing Windows 10: Hello,We have a peculiar problem with one of our PC running windows 10 up to date. To access the network we need to authenticate through 802.1x authentication, but since we came back this year, that PC just never show the login windows to actually change the parameters.. I...