Windows 10: Windows 10 21H2 turns off Aero Share “shake to minimize” by default

Discus and support Windows 10 21H2 turns off Aero Share “shake to minimize” by default in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With Windows 7, Microsoft added “Aero Shake”, a feature that lets you shake the window to minimize all open windows on your desktop except one. Aero... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 24, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 21H2 turns off Aero Share “shake to minimize” by default

With Windows 7, Microsoft added “Aero Shake”, a feature that lets you shake the window to minimize all open windows on your desktop except one. Aero Shake is easy to use and it can be accidentally triggered if users select the title bar of the window holding the left mouse button and shake the mouse back and forth quickly.

Aero Shake is essentially a multitasking feature and anyone can use it to minimize other open windows on the desktop to the taskbar except the one selected using the left mouse button. If you want to restore the minimized windows, you’ve to shake the title bar again and windows will reappear.

The problem with Aero Shake is that it’s a hit and miss process and it takes some practice to get used to it. Likewise, users can also accidentally minimize all of the open windows without realizing what happened.

Earlier this year, we reported that Microsoft is planning to discontinue the Aero Shake feature with Windows 10’s Sun Valley refresh. However, it seems like the feedback from testers justified its inclusion in Windows 10.

In the latest preview builds, the Aero Shake feature is now turned off by default. However, if you’re interested in the multitasking feature, you can enable the feature by navigating to the multitasking settings page, as shown in the screenshot below.

Windows 10 21H2 turns off Aero Share “shake to minimize” by default Aero-Shake.jpg

For advanced users, it can be enabled via the Registry Editor. To turn on the feature using Registry Editor, users need to create a “DisallowShaking” DWORD entry and use the value of zero.

As we pointed out in February, it also appears that Windows 10 Sun Valley Update will include new multitasking controls.

For example, there’s a new multitasking feature that will allow you to drag app windows to corners of the screen and they’ll resize automatically to enable a “side by side” multitasking experience, internally known as “Snap-based task group”.

This feature will allow users to easily use multiple apps, especially on touch-enabled devices.

I’m also told that Microsoft is working on a new touch and gestures experience for Windows 10 Sun Valley. We’ll share more details next month.

The post Windows 10 21H2 turns off Aero Share “shake to minimize” by default appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 24, 2021

2. Disable Aero shake windows 10 without admin

Hi ErikSwanson-

I'm Kevin B. Independent advisor and a Windows user like you. I do apologize for the inconvenience about the aero shake, let me help you sort things out.

Aero Shake is one of the many features introduced with Windows 7 and continues to be part of Windows 10 as well. The feature enables you to quickly minimize all open windows except the currently active window by shaking the currently active window or using
    Windows logo + Home keyboard shortcut.

Enable or disable Aero Shake via Settings

The Aero Shake feature doesn’t work if the Snap is turned off.

Step 1: Navigate to Settings app > System > Multitasking.

Step 2: Turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to sides of corners of the screen option to disable the Aero Shake. Turn this option on to enable Aero Shake

If you don’t want to turn off the snap feature or the multitasking features to get rid of Aero Shake, refer to the directions in Method 2 or Method 3.

That is the simplest way to disable it but again if your company has a restriction about the admin rights it will be hard for you to do this.

Also, if you have a IT administrator you can actually request to disable to functions about your Aero shake.

Hope this will help and have a blessed day!

Thanks.

Kevin B.

Independent advisor

Kevin Bartolo., Apr 24, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Aero Shake

Ok. As I never had seen this Aero Shake before, I just figure this out in Windows 10. Kind of by accident.

Now, I understood what was minimizing all other screens, why, and how to get them back.

However, one thing I couldn't find out by myself how to "fix" and I also could not find any answer in forums.

The thing is, for some reason, the window I shake twice (first to minimize all other windows, second to bring them back) is getting "Always of Top".

If I do it with a second window, the second window gets privileges over the first, but both kept Always on Top of everything else.

This is annoying me. Does anyone know how to set this to never change to "Always on Top"?

Thanks.

Dani Cardelli, Apr 24, 2021
  4. Windows 10 21H2 turns off Aero Share “shake to minimize” by default

Windows 10 Aero Shake

I don't think. I never changed my laptop to tablet mode. I didn't know I could.

Anyway. I believe one of the updates since this original post fixed the issue.

Now, the Aero Shake thing does not turn the screen in "Always on Top" mode anymore.

Thank you all!

Dani Cardelli, Apr 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 21H2 turns off Aero Share “shake to minimize” by default

1. Windows 10 21H2 turns off Aero Share “shake to minimize” by default - Similar Threads - 21H2 turns off

2. How to turn off Mouse Shake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off Mouse Shake: So I am having an issue where my mouse gets bigger when I move it too fast, this is becoming a problem when I play games or when I am working from home as it alt tabs me out of programs and closes them. This started happening from a recent update a few weeks ago.1. I have...
  3. How to turn off Mouse Shake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off Mouse Shake: So I am having an issue where my mouse gets bigger when I move it too fast, this is becoming a problem when I play games or when I am working from home as it alt tabs me out of programs and closes them. This started happening from a recent update a few weeks ago.1. I have...
  4. Turn off auto-minimize windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off auto-minimize windows: Hi, is there any way to disable auto-minimize of windows? for example: I want to place three windows on my monitor without letting the OS auto minimize them. Thank you all. submitted by /u/giuliomoraca [link] [comments]...
  5. Aero Shake feature toggle is finally coming to Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 News
    Aero Shake feature toggle is finally coming to Windows 10 Settings: References spotted in the preview builds had suggested that a future Windows 10 update will retire the unpopular ‘Aero Shake’ feature, which was introduced with Windows 7 to improve the multitasking experience. In response to user feedback, Microsoft is now making Aero Shake...
  6. Windows 10 update turns off Aero Shake, adds new features to legacy tools

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update turns off Aero Shake, adds new features to legacy tools: Microsoft has confirmed that it’s experimenting with a new change that will turn off the underused “Aero Shake” function in Windows 10. Aero Shake, otherwise known as “Shake to Minimize” allows you to minimize all open windows by shaking the cursor back-and-forth when...
  7. Disable Aero shake windows 10 without admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Aero shake windows 10 without admin: I had yet another frustrating bout of Aero shake hiding all the windows I was working with today. It's been eleven years. Can you PLEASE allow users to turn this off without editing the registry? I work for the government. I don't have admin access to my work computer. I'm...
  8. How to turn off Win Aero?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off Win Aero?: How can I deactivate Aero for Win 10? And / or use a design needing as less resources as possible? 94658
  9. Turn On or Off Aero Snap in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Aero Snap in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Snap Windows in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Snap Windows in Windows 10 Your screen can get cluttered if you have a lot of opened app windows. The Snap windows (aka: Aero Snap) feature includes Snap Assist and 2x2 snapping to help you organize...
  10. Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10 [img] Information Your screen(s) can get cluttered if you have a lot of opened app windows. Aero Shake lets you quickly minimize all opened windows except the current active window by shaking its title bar. Shaking the...