Windows 10: Windows 10 21H2 update stuck at 90%

Discus and support Windows 10 21H2 update stuck at 90% in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been trying to update one of my PCs to Windows version 21H2 and it hits 90% and stops. I updated the outdated drivers, rebooted the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RonaldSargent1, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Windows 10 21H2 update stuck at 90%

I have been trying to update one of my PCs to Windows version 21H2 and it hits 90% and stops. I updated the outdated drivers, rebooted the update multiple times in different profiles with admin privileges, tried to stop and restart the windows update and the background smart updater transfer service. There is no error code, but sometimes I get the message after running the update that the update failed because "the update service was shutting down" Any help would be appreciated.

:)

RonaldSargent1, Dec 4, 2021
  2. xxavatar Win User

Unable to upgrade windows 10 from 1803 to 1903, always stuck at 90%

I will try the above steps and will let you know.

- - - Updated - - -

After following the steps, the update has stuck again at 90% and after an hour I turned the laptop off and rolled back to the previous version.

SetupDiag files are here:

SetupDiag - Google Drive

By the way, I have also Malwarebytes Premium installed but didn't uninstall it before I attempted the update of the windows.

xxavatar, Dec 4, 2021
  3. Perform a routine windows 10 update, stuck on 90%, says don’t turn off your pc

Windows 10 routine update, stuck on 90%, screen says don’t turn off your pc?.... what is next step?.. been running for hours?

RobertShipley2, Dec 4, 2021
  4. MHandlin Win User

Windows 10 21H2 update stuck at 90%

Windows Update stuck at 90%

I have exact same issue with the Windows 10 Update as it has been installing on another computer for 16 hours now and stuck at 90% for last 9.

MHandlin, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 21H2 update stuck at 90%

1. Windows 10 21H2 update stuck at 90% - Similar Threads - 21H2 update stuck

2. Update stuck at 90

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update stuck at 90: My feature update stuck at 90 percent and does nothing in 2 hours now. I cant wait any longer and I have important meeting that I need to attend in this PC. I cant wait for it to restart but it does not move. Please I need your help....
  3. Update stuck at 90

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update stuck at 90: My feature update stuck at 90 percent and does nothing in 2 hours now. I cant wait any longer and I have important meeting that I need to attend in this PC. I cant wait for it to restart but it does not move. Please I need your help....
  4. Update stuck at 90

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 21H2 update stuck at 90%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 21H2 update stuck at 90%: I have been trying to update one of my PCs to Windows version 21H2 and it hits 90% and stops. I updated the outdated drivers, rebooted the update multiple times in different profiles with admin privileges, tried to stop and restart the windows update and the background smart...
  6. Windows 10 21H2 update stuck at 90%

Windows 10 21H2 update stuck at 90%: I have been trying to update one of my PCs to Windows version 21H2 and it hits 90% and stops. I updated the outdated drivers, rebooted the update multiple times in different profiles with admin privileges, tried to stop and restart the windows update and the background smart...
  7. Windows update stuck at 90%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update stuck at 90%: I left my PC to update last night. 13 hours later and it is still stuck at “Working on updates 90%”. I have a 1 TB HDD, and I have plenty of space left. Any help? submitted by /u/Arget54 [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows Update stuck at 90%

Windows Update stuck at 90%: Woke up to find Windows Update stuck at 90% for hours, should I turn it off? How long is this update supposed to take? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-at-90/aa140983-0d23-4f0c-83ab-aad365c3aa4b
  9. update stuck at 90%

update stuck at 90%: after windows tell me to restart the computer, it gets stuck at 90% for more than 10 hours long, and I've tried to update & had this for 3 times, still not getting up to date. current version 1803, attempt to update to 1903. tried troubleshooting windows update but this...
  10. Windows Update Stuck at 90%

Windows Update Stuck at 90%: My computer was acting a bit sluggish so I closed out all of my programs and decided to reboot it. When I did it gave me the option of making updates then restarting which I chose. It has now been over 3 hours, two of those hours stuck on the screen saying that it is at...