Windows 10: Windows 10 22H1 systems will be upgraded to 22H2 automatically

Discus and support Windows 10 22H1 systems will be upgraded to 22H2 automatically in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft's Windows 10 version 22H1 operating system reaches end of servicing in June 2023. To ensure that devices continue to receive security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, May 13, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 10 22H1 systems will be upgraded to 22H2 automatically

Microsoft's Windows 10 version 22H1 operating system reaches end of servicing in June 2023. To ensure that devices continue to receive security updates, Microsoft announced that these devices will be updated to the latest feature update for Windows 10 automatically.

In other words: Microsoft will install Windows 10 version 22H2 automatically and without first getting user consent on devices running Windows 10 version 22H1.

Windows 10 22H1 systems will be upgraded to 22H2 automatically [​IMG]

The company writes on the Message Center: "To help keep you protected and productive, Windows Update will automatically initiate a feature update for Windows 10 consumer devices and non-managed business devices that are at, or within several months of, reaching end of servicing."

Windows 10 administrators of Windows 10 version 22H1 devices have only a say regarding the required restart of the system to complete the update to version 22H2.

The update to Windows 10 version 22H2 happens automatically, unless Windows administrators have configured the system to block these kind of updates. Microsoft notes that the forced update applies only to Home and non-managed systems running the Windows 10 operating system.

The update to Windows 10 version 22H2 is the final update of its kind for Windows 10. Microsoft announced that it won't release additional feature updates for its Windows 10 operating system anymore. The operating system itself reaches end of servicing in October 2025.

Microsoft suggests in the message that customers may also consider upgrading to Windows 11, provided that the Windows 10 device is compatible with Microsoft's newest version of Windows.

Windows 10 users may check the installed version of the operating system by opening the Start Menu, typing winver and selecting the result. A small program window opens that displays the version of the operating system and its build number.

Another option that users have is to select Start > Settings to launch the Settings app, and to switch to System > About. The version of the operating system and other information is displayed on the page that opens.

Most Windows 10 version 22H1 devices should upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10 without any issues. The final feature update for Windows 10 was small in size and it will install quickly on devices running the previous version.

There is no need to rush the upgrade to Windows 11, provided that the device is compatible, unless features of Windows 11 are beneficial in some way or another. Not everything in Windows 11 is better automatically when compared to Windows 10 though, and Microsoft is dipping its toe into advertising some of its other services on Windows 11, which some users do not like at all.

Now You: which version of Windows do you run, if any?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 10 22H1 systems will be upgraded to 22H2 automatically appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, May 13, 2023
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, May 13, 2023
  3. Hamima86 Win User
    Why does Windows 10 update keep getting cumulative updates for 22H1 but doesn't update automatically to 22H2?

Every month I keep getting cumulative updates for "... Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based system" but it never updates to 21H2.

Why does it happen? I refrain from manually trying to update to 22H2 because I wonder whether there's good reason for it (hardware incompatibility etc)?

Machine: Macbook Pro 15" 2015 Retina

Currently Installed Version: Windows 10 Pro 22H1 19043.1826

Hamima86, May 13, 2023
  4. Windows 10 22H1 systems will be upgraded to 22H2 automatically

22H1 for Win 10?

Will there ever be a 22H1 or 22H2 for Windows 10 in the near/far future? What do you guys think? Microsoft can't be let us 10 users hanging on 21H2 right? RIGHT?

RingTailCoon, May 13, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 22H1 systems will be upgraded to 22H2 automatically

1. Windows 10 22H1 systems will be upgraded to 22H2 automatically - Similar Threads - 22H1 systems upgraded

2. How To Download 22H1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Download 22H1?: I have on multiple machines issues with windows 22H2, even on a fresh install. The bugs are in settings and in the account. The funny thing is that in the older machines the bugs are more clearly, but noticed also on the new machine with a bung of other problems too. The...
  3. How To Download 22H1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Download 22H1?: I have on multiple machines issues with windows 22H2, even on a fresh install. The bugs are in settings and in the account. The funny thing is that in the older machines the bugs are more clearly, but noticed also on the new machine with a bung of other problems too. The...
  4. Can't update Windows 11 Pro 22H1 to 22H2

Can't update Windows 11 Pro 22H1 to 22H2: Hi,I can't update Windows 11 Pro 22H1 to 22H2. Every time I'm trying to do this, I get different error message. I was trying to apply update using Windows Update module and also by running setup from ISO file.My error messages:0xC1900101 — Ox4000DInstallation failed in...
  5. Can't update Windows 11 Pro 22H1 to 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update Windows 11 Pro 22H1 to 22H2: Hi,I can't update Windows 11 Pro 22H1 to 22H2. Every time I'm trying to do this, I get different error message. I was trying to apply update using Windows Update module and also by running setup from ISO file.My error messages:0xC1900101 — Ox4000DInstallation failed in...
  6. Window 11 22H1 Download Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 22H1 Download Link: Hi can someone give me the official link microsoft for window 11 22H1 media tools for my steam deck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-11-22h1-download-link/87d4c72d-ac27-4bee-b507-3c759a9db606
  7. Window 11 22H1 Download Link

Window 11 22H1 Download Link: Hi can someone give me the official link microsoft for window 11 22H1 media tools for my steam deck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-11-22h1-download-link/87d4c72d-ac27-4bee-b507-3c759a9db606
  8. Windows 10 22H1 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 22H1 Update: Hello. In the future Windows 10 22H1 update, please add new fonts:DIN Round Pro all stylesDIN Next Rounded LT Pro all stylesDon't include these fonts if they have already installed on the Windows PC...
  9. Windows 10 22H1 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 22H1 Update: Hello. In the future Windows 10 22H1 update, please add new fonts:DIN Round Pro all stylesDIN Next Rounded LT Pro all stylesDon't include these fonts if they have already installed on the Windows PC...
  10. Windows 10 22H1 Update