Windows 10: Windows 10 22H2: AFTER UPDATING THE FILE EXPLORER SEARCH BAR AND ADDRESS BAR BECAME TOO...

Discus and support Windows 10 22H2: AFTER UPDATING THE FILE EXPLORER SEARCH BAR AND ADDRESS BAR BECAME TOO... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the titles says, after updating windows with the following updates: KB5034203 and KB5034122, and starting my computer. The file explorer became... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ronald Lira Garcia, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Windows 10 22H2: AFTER UPDATING THE FILE EXPLORER SEARCH BAR AND ADDRESS BAR BECAME TOO...

As the titles says, after updating windows with the following updates: KB5034203 and KB5034122, and starting my computer. The file explorer became smaller and made it HARDER for me to use it to search for my contents.Additionaly, I can't uninstall these updates to go back to my previous version. Otherwise I'd be hit by this notification "your device is missing important security and quality fixes"Is there a way to undo these changes without having to uninstall updates?

:)

Ronald Lira Garcia, Feb 12, 2024
  2. dalchina Win User

Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10

Hi, looking at group policy (you may only have Home) this might be possible - however the wording is a little ambiguous given Cortana search and file explorer search. And whether it affects the address bar is another matter.

So just a first thought...

If you have Home you would need the registry equivalent.

If there is a tutorial on tenforums that addresses this, that would be quoted.

Windows 10 22H2: AFTER UPDATING THE FILE EXPLORER SEARCH BAR AND ADDRESS BAR BECAME TOO... 198340d1533494608t-disable-web-search-file-explorer-address-bar-windows-10-a-1.jpg

dalchina, Feb 12, 2024
  3. Farvatten Win User
    Using the file explorer address bar

I don't remember seeing this before either. Perhaps now what happens when using a local account?

Windows 10 22H2: AFTER UPDATING THE FILE EXPLORER SEARCH BAR AND ADDRESS BAR BECAME TOO... 284800d1592927533t-using-file-explorer-address-bar-connecttobingprompt.jpg

Farvatten, Feb 12, 2024
  4. Windows 10 22H2: AFTER UPDATING THE FILE EXPLORER SEARCH BAR AND ADDRESS BAR BECAME TOO...

File Explorer address bar turned black

Hi there, to elaborate on the thread title: after updating to build 1709/Fall Creators update, File Explorer's address bar has spontaneously turned black and for the life of me, I can't revert it to white like it was before.

My Google-fu is coming up empty here, as variations of the search string "windows 10 file explorer address bar black" haven't really dredged up anything useful.
    Any ideas short of doing a complete OS reinstall?
    Attached is a screenshot of File Explorer as it currently is.

DeltaPavonis, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

Windows 10 22H2: AFTER UPDATING THE FILE EXPLORER SEARCH BAR AND ADDRESS BAR BECAME TOO...

1. Windows 10 22H2: AFTER UPDATING THE FILE EXPLORER SEARCH BAR AND ADDRESS BAR BECAME TOO... - Similar Threads - 22H2 UPDATING FILE

2. Windows 10 22H2: AFTER UPDATING THE FILE EXPLORER SEARCH BAR AND ADDRESS BAR BECAME TOO...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 22H2: AFTER UPDATING THE FILE EXPLORER SEARCH BAR AND ADDRESS BAR BECAME TOO...: As the titles says, after updating windows with the following updates: KB5034203 and KB5034122, and starting my computer. The file explorer became smaller and made it HARDER for me to use it to search for my contents.Additionaly, I can't uninstall these updates to go back to...
  3. Windows 10 22H2: AFTER UPDATING THE FILE EXPLORER SEARCH BAR AND ADDRESS BAR BECAME TOO...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 22H2: AFTER UPDATING THE FILE EXPLORER SEARCH BAR AND ADDRESS BAR BECAME TOO...: As the titles says, after updating windows with the following updates: KB5034203 and KB5034122, and starting my computer. The file explorer became smaller and made it HARDER for me to use it to search for my contents.Additionaly, I can't uninstall these updates to go back to...
  4. Search files progression bar on address bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search files progression bar on address bar: on windows 7 / windows 10 when you done a search in file explorer as it searched a green bar moved across the address bar - i liked this . In windows 11 all you get is the spinning circle on the top left . does anyone know how I can changed it back to the bar going across the...
  5. Search files progression bar on address bar

Search files progression bar on address bar: on windows 7 / windows 10 when you done a search in file explorer as it searched a green bar moved across the address bar - i liked this . In windows 11 all you get is the spinning circle on the top left . does anyone know how I can changed it back to the bar going across the...
  6. Windows 11 File Explorer Search bar is too big.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer Search bar is too big.: Windows 11, File Explorer Search bar is too big and keeps cutting off the file path.The below image is created by double clicking on This PC and double clicking on Local Disk C. The file path is completely cut off. I've clicked on the bar in the middle and resized the search...
  7. Windows 11 File Explorer Search bar is too big.

Windows 11 File Explorer Search bar is too big.: Windows 11, File Explorer Search bar is too big and keeps cutting off the file path.The below image is created by double clicking on This PC and double clicking on Local Disk C. The file path is completely cut off. I've clicked on the bar in the middle and resized the search...
  8. Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?: [ATTACH] This came in a recent Windows 10 update for me. I've tried Googling the answer but all posts are for changing the width (just dragging it..), something about Winaero Tweaker (which I've tried), and one post about editing something in registry:...
  9. Windows File Explorer Address Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer Address Bar: I'm currently having a problem with my windows file explorer. As you can see in the image, the address bar is black. I would like to to revert to its original color but I don't know how. [ATTACH]...
  10. Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10: Does anybody know how to disable the web search capability of file explorer? Sometimes when I mistype something into the address bar of File Explorer, it will take whatever I typed in and search the term for bing (assuming whatever I typed isn't a path or a program). Does...