Windows 10: windows 10 22h2 no microphone or speaker detected 2/1/2023

Discus and support windows 10 22h2 no microphone or speaker detected 2/1/2023 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My HP Spectre laptop recently was taken off my wifi network for the first time in 3 years and, after connecting to a new wifi network, automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by cc dolfin, Feb 18, 2023.

1. cc dolfin Win User

windows 10 22h2 no microphone or speaker detected 2/1/2023

My HP Spectre laptop recently was taken off my wifi network for the first time in 3 years and, after connecting to a new wifi network, automatically downloaded the newest update on February 1, 2023. As a result, my Microphone and speakers no longer are detected at all on the computer. Under "Device Manager" Bluetooth is the first option instead of "Audio Inputs and Outputs" and doesn't show up anywhere. This is an issue that needs to be resolved now as I require both my microphone and speakers as well as webcam to teach my university classes. I have tried enabling microphone in settings it wa

:)

cc dolfin, Feb 18, 2023

2. Lumia 930 microphone doesn't work on speaker

Hi, I have same issue on Lumia 930, have tried the various steps proposed by Microsoft, have also tried updating software to Windows 10 but to no avail. While a number of posts on this topic suggest it is likely to be a hardware bug, my symptoms seem to
    indicate software:

• while using the phone normally (not on speaker) the microphones work perfectly. IE microphones 1 and 2 at the bottom of the phone appear to be working 100%
    • while using the phone on speaker, microphones 1 and 2 (see Windows Phones for good photos of microphone locations) seem to be completely off
    • while using phone on speaker, microphones 3 and 4 at the top of the phone seem to work reasonably as long as I'm close to the phone. Not as well as they should on a speakerphone though.
    • microphone on headset works fine
    This does look to be a very widespread issue ... any updates from Microsoft?

thanks

RowaninMelb, Feb 18, 2023
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Microphone and speaker not detected

Hi Nelly,

The microphone and speaker may not be detected due to wrong configuration settings or outdated drivers. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages? If yes, kindly provide us a screenshot.
    • Does this happen with Skype application only or with other application also?
    • Have you tried connecting your microphone and speaker to another computer and check if the issue still persist?
    • Have you tried using another microphone and speaker and check if the it still not recognized.

Meanwhile, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices. This will identify and diagnose technical issues. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the upper right part of the Control Panel window, type
      Troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Hardware and Devices and follow the prompt to proceed with the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your PC and check if the issue still persist.

You may also perform sound troubleshooter by referring to this
    link
    . It will let you diagnose and provide a remedy to sound issue.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 18, 2023
  4. windows 10 22h2 no microphone or speaker detected 2/1/2023

Microphone and speaker not detected

Hi everyone,

I've been having some issues with skype since I updated to windows 10 creators, since the update I would either have no microphone detected on skype, no speaker detected or both at the same time. Can I get some help with this issue?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

nelly le gendre, Feb 18, 2023
Thema:

windows 10 22h2 no microphone or speaker detected 2/1/2023

1. windows 10 22h2 no microphone or speaker detected 2/1/2023 - Similar Threads - 22h2 microphone speaker

2. Windows 10 2023-05 22H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2023-05 22H2: Split from this thread. I can.t Down Load the Windows 10 2023-05 22H2 on my Laptop can you help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-2023-05-22h2/c1c3c783-ac83-487f-9b22-9d4f440f9d06
  3. Microphone & Speaker frozen Part 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone & Speaker frozen Part 2: I have to make a new post because I did not get a response from anyone about my existing problem a few days after I responded to my old post. Someone gave me a Realtek link to download the newest version but that problem did not fix the issue. If I do not play anything in the...
  4. Microphone & Speaker frozen Part 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone & Speaker frozen Part 2: I have to make a new post because I did not get a response from anyone about my existing problem a few days after I responded to my old post. Someone gave me a Realtek link to download the newest version but that problem did not fix the issue. If I do not play anything in the...
  5. Microphone & Speaker frozen Part 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. windows 10 22h2 no microphone or speaker detected 2/1/2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 22h2 no microphone or speaker detected 2/1/2023: My HP Spectre laptop recently was taken off my wifi network for the first time in 3 years and, after connecting to a new wifi network, automatically downloaded the newest update on February 1, 2023. As a result, my Microphone and speakers no longer are detected at all on the...
  7. windows 10 22h2 no microphone or speaker detected 2/1/2023

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 22h2 no microphone or speaker detected 2/1/2023: My HP Spectre laptop recently was taken off my wifi network for the first time in 3 years and, after connecting to a new wifi network, automatically downloaded the newest update on February 1, 2023. As a result, my Microphone and speakers no longer are detected at all on the...
  8. Windows 10 Detects Microphone as Headphones/Speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Detects Microphone as Headphones/Speakers: 6 months ago i bought a microphone off amazon . Everything was going perfectly fine until one day my pc just decided to detect my microphone as headphones/speakers . I've tried EVERYTHING . The issue is not the microphone itself . I've tried using another microphone but...
  9. Microphone being detected as Headphones/Speaker

Microphone being detected as Headphones/Speaker: Hi, everyone. I recently bought a new mic LC Studio. It's brand new, so I don't think there's an issue with the mic itself. But whenever I try to connect it to my laptop, it recognizes the mic as a speaker or a pair of headphones. [ATTACH] I've been looking all over my...
  10. Beexcellent GM-1 Headset Microphone not detected Windows 10

Beexcellent GM-1 Headset Microphone not detected Windows 10: Hi Microsoft, I have a Beexcellent GM-1 headset, which isn't recognized by my laptop (one headphone jack). Sound plays through the headphones, but it can't find the microphone. Do i need to install drivers for it? Headset is plugged in:[ATTACH] My internal mic doesn't work...