Windows 10: Windows 10 22H2 Photos app still blurry

Discus and support Windows 10 22H2 Photos app still blurry in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just a reminder that so many years later, Windows 10 Photos app is still broken. I confirm that using a small 399 x 492 pixels picture, it appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hymced, Apr 21, 2023.

1. /u/hymced Win User

Windows 10 22H2 Photos app still blurry

/u/hymced, Apr 21, 2023
  2. ARC1020 Win User

Pictured Are Blurry in Windows 10 Photos App

Anyone else finding that pictures in the Windows 10 Photos App are blurry? The same pictures are perfect in the Windows Photo Viewer.

I'm not sure how to demo it as I don't know how it's going to display on your screen and I'm not sure whether TenForums compresses uploaded images. I'll try with a PNG of both the Photos app and Windows Photo Viewer side-by-side.

I can't see a way to view images at their 100% original size in the Photos App (which is really stupid), so I've also attached just the 'Tabs' dialogue box as well. Because it's smaller, it should display at 100% magnification on your screen and therefore not be subjected to downscaling-to-fit.

Alternatively, just take a screenshot of the Internet Explorer 'Tab' settings (in 'Internet Options'), and open the screenshot in both the Photos App and Windows Photo Viewer and compare them.

Side-by-side:

Windows 10 22H2 Photos app still blurry [​IMG]

Just Dialogue Box (Right Click > Save Picture As):

Windows 10 22H2 Photos app still blurry [​IMG]

ARC1020, Apr 21, 2023
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 21, 2023
  4. Windows 10 22H2 Photos app still blurry

Blurry app fix for Windows 10 (v1709)

Hello,

I have an older version (1709) of Windows 10, which I cannot find a fix for the blurry apps on my high resolution display - Microsoft's listed solutions to this only pertain only to later versions of Windows 10. Of course, these can be fixed in the Microsoft
    apps by choosing "best appearance", though sadly, this is limited to only Microsoft apps. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hutton George, Apr 21, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 22H2 Photos app still blurry

1. Windows 10 22H2 Photos app still blurry - Similar Threads - 22H2 Photos app

2. Blurry Apps in Windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry Apps in Windows 10/11: The thread located here - Blurry apps in Win11 - Microsoft Communitywas locked for some reason and does NOT contain an accurate resolution. It seems that is par for the course on most so-called answers here. So, I thought I would reply to that post with this one. Not a...
  3. Windows 10 Photo App Scrolling Problem Still

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Photo App Scrolling Problem Still: I originally posted a thread almost two months ago and was unable to have my problem resolved, but the tech guy replying to it also stopped replying. I am still having an issue with the Windows 10 Photo App, whatever it's normally called that comes pre-installed on Windows...
  4. Windows 10 Photo App Scrolling Problem Still

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photo App Scrolling Problem Still: I originally posted a thread almost two months ago and was unable to have my problem resolved, but the tech guy replying to it also stopped replying. I am still having an issue with the Windows 10 Photo App, whatever it's normally called that comes pre-installed on Windows...
  5. Windows 10 Photo App Scrolling Problem Still

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Iphone 12 Pro photos are blurry with Windows 10 Photos App

Iphone 12 Pro photos are blurry with Windows 10 Photos App: iPhone 12 Pro - Version iOS 15.0When I hook up my iPhone 12 to my PC and view the iPhone pictures with the Windows 10 Photos App, they appear quite blurry.When I save to an folder on my PC they no longer are blurry when viewing with Photos App.It seemed the problem started...
  7. Blurry windows/apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blurry windows/apps: Some apps and windows are blurry and I'm not sure why. Here is one of those blurry windows: [ATTACH]Someone please give me a fix to this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blurry-windowsapps/195e5431-0df4-4bee-b5e7-c9909ff02e35
  8. Blurry Old Apps In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry Old Apps In Windows 10: I run 64-bit Windows 10, and when I use a somewhat old application that I downloaded, like Code Blocks (which, I assume, has 32-bit graphics), the text-box popups and other elements look blurry, like this:[ATTACH]It bugs me a lot. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. Photos app opens blurry images in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Photos app opens blurry images in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Although the Photos app in Windows 10 is a smooth and useful application, some users have reported that when they use the Photos app to open images, it displays blurry images even when the images are of high resolution and [...] This post Photos app opens blurry...
  10. Pictured Are Blurry in Windows 10 Photos App

Pictured Are Blurry in Windows 10 Photos App: Anyone else finding that pictures in the Windows 10 Photos App are blurry? The same pictures are perfect in the Windows Photo Viewer. I'm not sure how to demo it as I don't know how it's going to display on your screen and I'm not sure whether TenForums compresses...