Windows 10: Windows 10 3 monitors issue

Discus and support Windows 10 3 monitors issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, so ive recently got 3 monitors for my setup and I was wondering why my main monitor shuts off when I plug my 3rd monitor into my computer my 3rd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BraydenMoser, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Windows 10 3 monitors issue

Hello, so ive recently got 3 monitors for my setup and I was wondering why my main monitor shuts off when I plug my 3rd monitor into my computer my 3rd monitor is using a DVI cable and my other 2 are using hdmi and display port but only my main monitor shuts off when I plug my 3rd one in I went and plugged it into my motherboard port instead of my graphics card and its using a hdmi now 3rd monitor and now its super slow so I was wondering on why cant I do the DVI way?

:)

BraydenMoser, Mar 27, 2021

2. 3 monitors and preformance issue

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried.

To connect three monitors the Cpu should have the resource to support especially the graphics card.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Also refer:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Does Windows 10 Support 3 monitors?

Hi Chuck,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you want to know Does Windows 10 support 3 monitors because you are able to see the display on 2 monitors but the third one is grayed out.

I certainly understand your concern.

There could be a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to outdated display drivers or corrupted drivers on the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware & Device troubleshooter

First, let’s try running inbuilt Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer
    was installed correctly.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Hardware and Device and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1: Update the Display driver.
    Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to
      Run.

• In the Run prompt, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and then click OK.

• Device Manager will open.

• In Device Manager
      expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

Also refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

For reference:

Refer the Wiki article by “Andre Da Costa” posted on July 10, 2015 for more information on add and use a second monitor with Windows 10:

How to add multiple monitors to your Windows 10 PC

How to add multiple monitors to your Windows 10 PC

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Windows 10 3 monitors issue

3 monitors

Hi Garry,

Most likely, this problem occur due to outdated graphics card drivers. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the current Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer? To check, type
      winver in Cortana search box and press
      Enter
    • What is the make and model of your graphics card?
    • On which port is the third monitor connected?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you keep the graphics card driver up-to-date or reinstall the driver. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Gerard Qui, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 3 monitors issue

1. Windows 10 3 monitors issue - Similar Threads - monitors issue

2. Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Issue: Morning, I'm having issues with my monitors. Up until yesterday they were working fine. I unplugged my laptop to work elsewhere and when I went to plug in I started having issues. I have 2 samsung monitors plugged in to my Lenovo Thinkpad. No docking station. One monitor is...
  3. Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Issue: Morning, I'm having issues with my monitors. Up until yesterday they were working fine. I unplugged my laptop to work elsewhere and when I went to plug in I started having issues. I have 2 samsung monitors plugged in to my Lenovo Thinkpad. No docking station. One monitor is...
  4. Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The issue of the external monitor repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting after the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The issue of the external monitor repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting after the...: I have set the screen to turn off after 30 minutes, without setting it to sleep. But every time the screen turns off, my computer repeatedly makes sound effects indicating disconnection and successful connection. My laptop is connected to the screen using a Type-C to DP...
  6. The issue of the external monitor repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting after the...

The issue of the external monitor repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting after the...: I have set the screen to turn off after 30 minutes, without setting it to sleep. But every time the screen turns off, my computer repeatedly makes sound effects indicating disconnection and successful connection. My laptop is connected to the screen using a Type-C to DP...
  7. Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue: Hello everyone,I have a Asus ROG Strix G513 2022 AMD R7 4800H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050It has an issue on auto change of refresh rate whenever i plug the laptop with a power adapter. The laptop monitor screen will become black out, and I somehow cannot disable the function of...
  8. Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue

Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue: Hello everyone,I have a Asus ROG Strix G513 2022 AMD R7 4800H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050It has an issue on auto change of refresh rate whenever i plug the laptop with a power adapter. The laptop monitor screen will become black out, and I somehow cannot disable the function of...
  9. Monitor connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor connection issue: After powering on the UPS, if I turn on my CPU, the monitor does not display anything. However, if I wait for some time and then power it on again, the monitor shows up. Additionally, if I turn off the CPU by pressing the power button and then power it on again, the monitor...
  10. Monitor connection issue

Monitor connection issue: After powering on the UPS, if I turn on my CPU, the monitor does not display anything. However, if I wait for some time and then power it on again, the monitor shows up. Additionally, if I turn off the CPU by pressing the power button and then power it on again, the monitor...