Windows 10: Windows 10 32-bit Home edition media

Discus and support Windows 10 32-bit Home edition media in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I found another topic on this, but it was locked. I need to reinstall Windows, and I downloaded and ran the Windows Media Creation Tool but it never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertBaron_MN, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 32-bit Home edition media

I found another topic on this, but it was locked. I need to reinstall Windows, and I downloaded and ran the Windows Media Creation Tool but it never asked me which edition. I've been told that Home and Pro install from the same media (which is possible I guess, but I'm skeptical) I just installed and that went well, except the install process also never asked which edition I wanted and it installed Pro. I don't have a license for Pro, my license is Home. (the machine came with 64-bit Home preinstalled, but I need 32-bit on this one) I have not tried to activate it nor connected to the Internet yet.

How do I get install media for 32-bit Windows Home? I have other computers to I can use to run the tools or burn DVD's if I need to keep this one off the Internet until I get the right edition loaded so I don't screw up my activation.

:)

RobertBaron_MN, Dec 13, 2019
  2. pepoluan Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 (32 bit edition or 64 bit edition)

I am using Windows 8.1 (32 bit edition) so I can use older software. Will my reserved copy of Windows 10 be a 32 bit edition so I can continue to use my existing software like Microsoft Office 2013?

NormJepsen, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 32-bit Home edition media

32 Bit || x86 - based PC || HELP ME PLEASE

I meant upgraded to 32-bit Windows 10 <-- But I'll try to follow the instructions you've given me now and update you on it.

Idoneedhelp, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 32-bit Home edition media

1. Windows 10 32-bit Home edition media - Similar Threads - bit Home edition

2. Black Screen after Installation Media Boot [Windows 10 Home 32-bit]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen after Installation Media Boot [Windows 10 Home 32-bit]: Hello everyone, I am still using Windows 7 Pro [32-Bit] and I am looking for a way to upgrade my PC to Windows 10 so I can use it on the long term due to the End of Windows 7's Support. I created an Installation Media using the Windows Media Creation Tool that can be found on...
  3. Black Screen after Installation Media Boot [Windows 10 Home 32-bit]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen after Installation Media Boot [Windows 10 Home 32-bit]: Hello everyone, I am still using Windows 7 Pro [32-Bit] and I am looking for a way to upgrade my PC to Windows 10 so I can use it on the long term due to the End of Windows 7's Support. I created an Installation Media using the Windows Media Creation Tool that can be found on...
  4. Black Screen after Installation Media Boot [Windows 10 Home 32-bit]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HOW TO UPGRADE WINDOWS 10 HOME 32 BIT TO WINDOWS 10 HOME 64 BIT

HOW TO UPGRADE WINDOWS 10 HOME 32 BIT TO WINDOWS 10 HOME 64 BIT: HOW TO UPGRADE WINDOWS 10 HOME 32 BIT TO WINDOWS 10 HOME 64 BIT WITHOUT FORMATING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-windows-10-home-32-bit-to-windows/8981ed18-33ec-4fcf-9db8-e25da8031fef
  6. Install 32 bit Windows 10 Home on 64 bit system

Install 32 bit Windows 10 Home on 64 bit system: Hi - I have several HVAC training videos that will only run on a 32 bit operating system. When I try to install them on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit it gives me an error message telling me that the program can't run on this PC. I have tried running them via Compatibility Moderun...
  7. 32 bit to 64 bit Windows Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    32 bit to 64 bit Windows Home: I have a new 1TB Sata HDD. The old Sata HDD has my windows 10 Home 32 bit installed. Could I use the media creator tool and install Windows 10 Home 64 bit to new hard drive and would this detect the digital license on old hard drive? I know this sounds like it would be too...
  8. Windows 10 Home 32 bit

Windows 10 Home 32 bit: How can I re-install Windows 10 Home 32bit fron a USB drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-32-bit/6e50df7f-1e9a-4df1-b96d-d6ea3917c59e
  9. Old Media Player problem on Windows 10 64-bit home edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Media Player problem on Windows 10 64-bit home edition: I have a 3-disk set of music CD. When I try to rip the music on the 3rd CD it thinks that it is the first CD. Media player lists the first CD songs, but will play the 3rd CD. The songs are listed as the ones on the first CD. How do I convince Media Player to rip the third CD...
  10. How to have Windows 7 (32 bit) within Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit?

How to have Windows 7 (32 bit) within Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit?: Hi folks, newbie here from Melbourne Australia. As per title, I'm using Windows 10 and thoroughly enjoying it. The problem is my printer. It's a Canon Lasershot LBP 1120 and I REALLY like it and want to keep using it but it is pretty old and for this particular printer,...