Windows 10: Windows 10 3D Objects Folder

Discus and support Windows 10 3D Objects Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A while back I modified the "3D Objects" folder under "This PC" to point to and be renamed as a folder in C:\ called "01 My Docs." Then some updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thargiss, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Thargiss Win User

Windows 10 3D Objects Folder

A while back I modified the "3D Objects" folder under "This PC" to point to and be renamed as a folder in C:\ called "01 My Docs."

Then some updates were applied to the PC and the name reverted back to "3D Objects." However, it appeared that the location was still applied; the subdirectories and files still showed up in the folder.

No problem, I think; I'll just re-point it back to "01 My Docs" under C:\. Problem: There is no "01 My Docs" folder; it's named "3D Objects." Now, where did "01 My Docs" go? It was there before.

If figure I can just re-name it. When I attempt to do so, it says a folder already exists with that name.

So now what?

:)

Thargiss, Feb 25, 2020
  2. RogerH_17 Win User

3D Objects folder

In trying to relocate the 3D Objects folder somehow I have managed to accidentally set it to my user folder. My user folder and its contents are still intact but the folder name appears as '3D Objects'. How do I correct this?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

RogerH_17, Feb 25, 2020
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    3D Objects folder

Hee, hee...

So your main User folder has become the 3D Objects folder (meaning anything that needs to access your User folder would get

lost and not be able to save, or may crash, etc. due to the new Folder name ) ?

When you open the 3D Objects/User folder you see the normal User stuff such as Photos, Music, Documents, etc. and a
    3D Objects folder ?

If there is a 3D Objects folder within the renamed User folder, are you able to rename your User folder back ?

- Not clear on what method you used when tried to relocate the folder and "accidentally set it to my user folder"
    though.

Was this in the 3D Objects Folders > Properties > Location tab ?

If so, try going back to Location and clicking on Restore, or try the Move option again.

- Failing that go the distance and try full a System Restore to a time before the bungle.

- Or you may have to repair/create a new User Account.

Likhitha describes the method in the thread below.

windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/how-do-i-fix-a-corrupt-user-profile-in-win10

Basically - "Enable built-in administrator by following the steps below, create a new user profile, transfer all the data from the corrupted user

to the newly created user profile and check if the issue is resolved."...
    Then delete your original now empty folder.

BossDweeb, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Mustachio Win User

Tried moving User objects, now 3D Objects shows as a folder

Want to move my User settings to another partition but non-tenforums steps are wrong. Now my 3D Objects appears as a folder 'Dave', in my User folder alongside Pictures, etc. (I moved it back there.)

I've read the tutorials on this site and will follow. But how do I make my 3D Objects have it's true name again?
    I'm not sure it is not in fact a folder. On the other partition it would sometimes appear as 3D Objects yet other times appear as folder Dave.

Thank you very much,

Mustachio, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 3D Objects Folder - Similar Threads - Objects Folder

2. Failed to enumerate objects error when trying to change folder from read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to enumerate objects error when trying to change folder from read only: I have tried just about every suggestion on how to change a folder from read only, that keeps going back to read only.I tried the standard, uncheck "read only" then click Apply->Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files->OK->"You will need to provide...
  3. Failed to enumerate objects error when trying to change folder from read only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to enumerate objects error when trying to change folder from read only: I have tried just about every suggestion on how to change a folder from read only, that keeps going back to read only.I tried the standard, uncheck "read only" then click Apply->Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files->OK->"You will need to provide...
  4. The problem of dragging objects in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The problem of dragging objects in folders: I sometimes have such a problem that objects photos, videos, folders, etc. are not dragged. when I select them with the mouse and want to drag them to another place. Аnd how to get rid of it....
  5. The problem of dragging objects in folders

The problem of dragging objects in folders: I sometimes have such a problem that objects photos, videos, folders, etc. are not dragged. when I select them with the mouse and want to drag them to another place. Аnd how to get rid of it....
  6. The problem of dragging objects in folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    The problem of dragging objects in folders: I sometimes have such a problem that objects photos, videos, folders, etc. are not dragged. when I select them with the mouse and want to drag them to another place...
  7. Moved Location of 3D Objects folder, now points to clone? of Windows folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moved Location of 3D Objects folder, now points to clone? of Windows folder: Was attempting to remove 3D Objects folder as it is empty and useless to me. Did the following steps:Procedure:1. Right click 3D Objects folder2. Click Properties3. Click "Location" tab4. Click "Move" button5. Select C:/Windows as new folder location6. Click 3D Objects folder...
  8. Moved Location of 3D Objects folder, now points to clone? of Windows folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved Location of 3D Objects folder, now points to clone? of Windows folder: Was attempting to remove 3D Objects folder as it is empty and useless to me. Did the following steps:Procedure:1. Right click 3D Objects folder2. Click Properties3. Click "Location" tab4. Click "Move" button5. Select C:/Windows as new folder location6. Click 3D Objects folder...
  9. Moved Location of 3D Objects folder, now points to clone? of Windows folder

10. User shell folders messed up after using move location tab on 3D Objects folder. DaveM121...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User shell folders messed up after using move location tab on 3D Objects folder. DaveM121...: I wanted to move the folder '3D Objects' and its contents from C:\users\<myname> to E::\users\myname and expected it to create a new subfolder in E:\users\<myname>. This E: drive folder is also where I have moved the links for Documents, Pictures, Downloads and Music. I...