Windows 10: Windows 10 3rd party softwear restriction unacceptable.

Discus and support Windows 10 3rd party softwear restriction unacceptable. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft I have purchased a new Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 S installed. I have programs that I use on my other windows machines. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Templer2187, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Templer2187 Win User

Windows 10 3rd party softwear restriction unacceptable.

Dear Microsoft

I have purchased a new Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 S installed.

I have programs that I use on my other windows machines.

This version of Windows 10 informs me that it blocks apps that do not come form the windows store. I have tried disabling the likely security programmes like Windows Defender and Smart Screen with no success.

This is not acceptable -What is going on ? and how do I resolve this, or do I need an alternative operating system?

I would very much like to use the product I have purchased - why is Microsoft apparently making this so difficult?

:)

Templer2187, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows Mail and 3rd party messages

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• May I know what exactly do you mean when you say "download messages from 3rd party into Windows Mail"?
    • Are you referring to Mail app on Windows 10? If so, are you able to receive any send email via Mail app?

If you are facing issues with Mail app, I suggest
    run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Sep 9, 2018
  3. funnyman---01 Win User
    3rd party battery

hi

I like to buy second battery. can any 1 suggest what is the best option? i check Mugen and EZO power but confused because i'm not clear whether this 3rd party accecersories are ok with device or not. pls suggest...

funnyman---01, Sep 9, 2018
  4. songoku777 Win User

3rd party battery

i use 3rd party batteries with my other fones. however, using battery other than what manufacturer suggests, may void your warranty :/

songoku777, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 3rd party softwear restriction unacceptable. - Similar Threads - 3rd party softwear

2. 3rd party software update failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3rd party software update failed: I am trying to install GarminExpress on my laptop to update my GPS but the installation fails. Garmin says it has something to do with my account or my security on my laptop but I haven't the foggiest idea what it could possibly be. I have no idea what to do to change...
  3. 3rd party apps for miracast on windows 10 to firestick?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3rd party apps for miracast on windows 10 to firestick?: i have heard that windows has discontinued support for miracasting from windows 10 to a firestick. i have tried multiple times and it has lots of trouble connecting and when it does it disconnects after 10 seconds. its very annoying 117770
  4. scanning wirelessly to laptop not 3rd party

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scanning wirelessly to laptop not 3rd party: I am trying to scan from my laptop to my scanner wirelessly. but don't know how. both are HP and laptop has windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/scanning-wirelessly-to-laptop-not-3rd-party/6182c441-c778-4bd4-94b7-7f5dc9ba444c
  5. Windows Defender or 3rd party?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender or 3rd party?: Ordinary PC, running Windows 10 Professional ver 1803 I run some Adobe software. And it has a few performance issues. When I related the situation in the Adobe forum, they recommended completely shutting off whatever antivirus I'm using to see if that fixed the problem....
  6. 3rd party antivirus software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd party antivirus software: I'm thinking about getting Trend Micro antivirus software for my laptop. Is Trend Micro compatible with Windows 10 Home version 1803? Has anyone used Trend Micro and if so, how do you like it? Thank you for your time....
  7. Compatible 3rd Party Email Clients ?

in Browsers and Email
    Compatible 3rd Party Email Clients ?: Anyone tried Incredimail 2.5, Thunderbird, WLM and ilk yet? 6565
  8. 3rd Party Software - Self Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3rd Party Software - Self Installation: Hi, yesterday the 8th I noticed a very peculiar issue that has only just started. It seems that at startup Windows is reinstalling 3rd party software that is already currently installed and has been for some time. I only noticed this because for some reason while...
  9. Touchpad Gesture 3rd Party Support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Gesture 3rd Party Support: Hi everyone! I'm really enjoying Windows 10, but I think there is one thing that would really make my user experience better. More customizable trackpad shortcuts. I would like to create a macro that runs when I do things such as side swipes that used to bring the charms bar...
  10. 3rd party software for Windows 10 maintenance?

in Windows 10 Support
    3rd party software for Windows 10 maintenance?: Do I need 3rd party apps for windows 10 maintenance? I´ve always used apps like CCleaner, Glary Utilities, MalwareBytes anti-malware, and Ausologics Defrag for weekly/monthly PC maintenance. Will the new Windows 10 OS take care of this stuff automatically? 11853