Windows 10: Windows 10: 41 percent of testers installed build 9860

Discus and support Windows 10: 41 percent of testers installed build 9860 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this week, Microsoft released a new version of Windows 10 build 9860. This updated build has a lot of new features over 9841, many of which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Oct 24, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 10: 41 percent of testers installed build 9860

More

:)

labeeman, Oct 24, 2014

2. How to: 10 Tips before installing the latest Windows 10

Successfully updated from 9860 to 9879 on 12/01/14. Don't know why it worked this time, since Win10 has not been booted since the failure on 11/25/14.

BTW, after the failure, it automatically reverted back to 9860.

Rocket_Scientist, Oct 24, 2014
  3. SP2915 Win User
    How to stop Windows Defender updates?

Thanks, Luc.

I have 2 computers, one desktop and a laptop with Windows 10 installed in both of them. My Desktop has been updated to build 9860 and I am waiting to happen it with my laptop. But, I am not receiving Windows Defender updates in my desktop. It seems like
    everything is fine with my desktop. But, it is this laptop that is receiving these Windows Defender updates.

SP2915, Oct 24, 2014
  4. pparks1 Win User

I put it onto a new laptop at work. I got 10 laptops in for new employees which we haven't yet hired, so I had spare hardware to play with. Laptop was nice because I can move it around and give it to people who might want to play and see Windows 10 at work.

pparks1, Oct 24, 2014
  5. Trust_No1 Win User
    yawn, I am so average I am in the 2 top groups, guess I must be boring

Trust_No1, Oct 24, 2014
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I use mine in a dual boot configuration on my desktop. Win8.1.1 and Win10 9680. I installed 9680 from an ISO I created from the ESD file. The instillation went just fine and it's running great.

I like the feature to resize the start menu!! Now that is nice.

BunnyJ, Oct 24, 2014
  7. labeeman Win User
    I put mine on a laptop also easier to swap back in case M$ is not listening to its users.

labeeman, Oct 24, 2014
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

Don't really see what use this information has, or how it helps any one. . .probably just me. . .but hay. . .*Biggrin

9. BunnyJ New Member
    Collection of information just to collect it??
    Jeff *Huh

BunnyJ, Oct 24, 2014
  10. sygnus21 Win User
    It's actually quite useful to Microsoft as it gives them a good indication of who's using it. and where it's being deployed. And the fact that it's a test OS and being installed on a laptop indicates there's a lot of excitement about the OS, that people are even willing to travel with it. Yes, I know everybody doesn't fit neatly in a category, but...

Anyway I've installed in in VM on my desktop, but as soon as I free up a little space, I also plan to run in in VM on my laptop... so that I may play with it while I'm traveling around *Wink

sygnus21, Oct 24, 2014
  11. Trust_No1 Win User
    Yes, it is interesting, but what I don't see is the amount of users.

We were told a million signed up via the website, but, are these percentages based on 12, a hundred thousand, or half a million installs. And like myself where I have it installed on various platforms, doesn't that skew the results?

Trust_No1, Oct 25, 2014
  12. sygnus21 Win User
    I suspect that no matter the answer, they'll be skepticism and suspicion so...

sygnus21, Oct 25, 2014
  13. Windows 10: 41 percent of testers installed build 9860

Agreed.

It seems to show that MS has piqued the interest of the target groups Desktop & Laptop users (i.e. those who are likely to be running XP & W7).

What does "Other" refer to though? Phones? *Confused

lehnerus2000, Oct 25, 2014
  14. That information lets Microsoft know what kind of hardware people have that are willing to test the new W-10.
    That will give them some sort of idea what market is looking for a new operating system.
    To me it clearly shows the people with laptops and desktops are the ones most likely going to buy a new operating system.
    Maybe the laptop and desktop aren't dead or dying.

Layback Bear, Oct 25, 2014
  15. mart1981 Win User
    They never were. It was all part of M$oft's imagination!!

mart1981, Oct 25, 2014
Thema:

1. Windows 10: 41 percent of testers installed build 9860 - Similar Threads - percent testers installed

2. Flash won't install on Build 9860

in Browsers and Email
    Flash won't install on Build 9860: Strange thing just happened - I have updated to Build 9860, in fact, I reinstalled the original Win10 TP, then updated to 9860 right away and now am in the process of setting up. Suddenly I got the following message while installing Adobe Flash: "The user does not have...
  3. Can't update windows build from 9860

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't update windows build from 9860: every time i updated the OS its always comes with error that the connection down. please help 3715
  4. TRI boot with new build 9860

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TRI boot with new build 9860: Hello all, on my system i have 1 HDD with duel boot WIN 7 and WIn 8.1 when i installed win 10 TP i istalled it on a second laptop drive i had hanging around and managed to prefabricate a fit into my Pc. all i had to do was enter the BIOS at switch on and select witch drive...
  5. Fresh Install Windows 10 TP Build 9860

Fresh Install Windows 10 TP Build 9860: If you have multiple PC's to update or having trouble updating VM or don't want to see multiple Recovery partitions created from the update. If you've already have the C:\RecoveryImage folder or if someone can put it in the dropbox for you to download. Download:...
  6. Build 9860 ISO

Build 9860 ISO: My prefered pc refuses to upgrade to build 9860 so I tried, sucessfully to upgrade the second one. Before I had configured restore it crashed big time. I have removed the hdd and formatted it, I won't bother to put it on that machine again. I was wondering whether the ISO...
  7. Windows 10 Preview for phones build 8.15.12492.41 for select testers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Preview for phones build 8.15.12492.41 for select testers: Microsoft gave the world a glimpse of Windows 10 running on its smartphones last month, but the company has not yet released its first public preview of the new OS, which will replace the standalone Windows Phone operating system. Microsoft promised that it would deliver the...
  8. Windows 10 Build 9860 Now Available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9860 Now Available: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date
  9. No ISOs for Windows 10 build 9860

in Windows 10 News
    No ISOs for Windows 10 build 9860: With the release today of Windows 10 build 986, you might be hoping to download an ISO to perform a clean install of the OS. Unfortunately, Microsoft has said that this will not occur which means that Windows Update is your only option. The information comes from Gabriel...
  10. Windows 10 Build 9860 Spotted Online, New Languages Includ

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9860 Spotted Online, New Languages Includ: Work on Windows 10 continues and Microsoft has recently completed development of a new testing build that has reportedly been spotted online, most likely as the company shipped it to partners and private testers. Windows 10 build 9860, which is still part of the preview...