Windows 10: Windows 10: 41 percent of testers installed build 9860

Discus and support Windows 10: 41 percent of testers installed build 9860 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Don't really see what use this information has, or how it helps any one. . .probably just me. . .but hay. . .*Biggrin Hi there Good piece of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Oct 24, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Windows 10: 41 percent of testers installed build 9860

Hi there

Good piece of information for a Pub Quiz !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 25, 2014
  2. mart1981 Win User

Hi there

Good piece of information for a Pub Quiz !!!

Cheers
    jimbo With M$ employees present *Smile

mart1981, Oct 25, 2014
  3. So majority of users use it on a desktop 41+32=73%, I hope, they take it into a consideration.

TairikuOkami, Oct 25, 2014
  4. Windows 10: 41 percent of testers installed build 9860

I thinking with all the screaming and howling the masses have done Microsoft is taking those kinds of figures into account BIG TIME. New management seem to have their head up in fresh air and are trying to please all market. I do believe Microsoft can do just that.

**Get into the new markets but don't throw away the billion that are still in the older market.
    PC's and Laptops to many is the old way of doing things. To some degree that is true. Yes you can teach old dogs new tricks. I just want to do the new tricks on a Desktop.

Layback Bear, Oct 26, 2014
  5. Fantail Win User
    I felt more comfortable using my laptop to check out 10. I mean, at least at this stage.

Fantail, Oct 26, 2014
  6. sygnus21 Win User
    Yeah I'm about to load it on my laptop so I can show it off.

BTW I'm taking a class in Database Systems and my instructor despises Windows. He calls it a hot mess that's just being patched along to fix it. His thought is that the OS should be scrapped and rebuilt from ground up. This guy is pretty sharp so though I don't agree with all his MS bashing, he does have some merit.

sygnus21, Oct 27, 2014
  7. mart1981 Win User
    Considering all the different PC/Laptop/etc configurations that Windows is expected to support it is anything but a mess. Sure, if M$oft had the same walled garden approach of the fruit company then it may be easy or easier but developing a new operating system from scratch, whilst it may be desirable in a perfect world is totally impractical. So the instructor may be pretty sharp it's not exactly an overnight job that's being proposed.

mart1981, Oct 27, 2014
  8. sygnus21 Win User

Considering all the different PC/Laptop/etc configurations that Windows is expected to support it is anything but a mess. Sure, if M$oft had the same walled garden approach of the fruit company then it may be easy or easier but developing a new operating system from scratch, whilst it may be desirable in a perfect world is totally impractical. So the instructor may be pretty sharp it's not exactly an overnight job that's being proposed. Well I wouldn’t go that far.

Yes, we all know this isn't going to happen overnight, and it’s not an easy task. The thought process is Microsoft should have thought things through a little differently and now they're stuck in a kind of hack & patch phase. I'm not sure I completely agree with this thought process, but it's honestly hard not to see it that way.

And let's not kid ourselves, MS has had a few botched OS's -Millennium??? Some might argue Vista? 8 is under scrutiny, although for somewhatdifferent reasons in my view, mainly the GUI.

Anyway we also understand that there would be some sacrifices we're MS to take the "walled off" approach Apple takes. In this instance this is what gives MS distinct advantage over Mac - its scalability. On the other Microsoft's approach tends to lead to security issues. That's his main point - security.

Anyway I wouldn't take pot shots at him because you don't agree. This guy's no dummy, and he does have a doctorate in the field of Computer Science.

That said, we don't always have to agree, but its always good to hear an opposing view.

My two cents.

sygnus21, Oct 27, 2014
  9. Judging a operating system by the guide lines of Apple seem foolish to me.
    Why would Microsoft who has 90 % plus of the market follow Apple's example that on a good day has 6% of the market.
    If Apples method were so great the percentage would be in reverse.

Now when it comes to phone; following some of the ideas and methods of Apple would be a smart move.

Layback Bear, Oct 28, 2014
  10. sygnus21 Win User
    I think my point has been missed but ok *Confused

sygnus21, Oct 28, 2014
  11. mart1981 Win User
    Considering all the different PC/Laptop/etc configurations that Windows is expected to support it is anything but a mess. Sure, if M$oft had the same walled garden approach of the fruit company then it may be easy or easier but developing a new operating system from scratch, whilst it may be desirable in a perfect world is totally impractical. So the instructor may be pretty sharp it's not exactly an overnight job that's being proposed. Well I wouldn’t go that far.

Yes, we all know this isn't going to happen overnight, and it’s not an easy task. The thought process is Microsoft should have thought things through a little differently and now they're stuck in a kind of hack & patch phase. I'm not sure I completely agree with this thought process, but it's honestly hard not to see it that way.

And let's not kid ourselves, MS has had a few botched OS's -Millennium??? Some might argue Vista? 8 is under scrutiny, although for somewhatdifferent reasons in my view, mainly the GUI.

Anyway we also understand that there would be some sacrifices we're MS to take the "walled off" approach Apple takes. In this instance this is what gives MS distinct advantage over Mac - its scalability. On the other Microsoft's approach tends to lead to security issues. That's his main point - security.

Anyway I wouldn't take pot shots at him because you don't agree. This guy's no dummy, and he does have a doctorate in the field of Computer Science.

That said, we don't always have to agree, but its always good to hear an opposing view.

My two cents. Nope, I wasn't taking a pot shot at anyone so apologies if it came across that way. I've always thought that Win7 should have been x64 only from the kick off but that would have alienated many users. At least though it may have sorted out several of the driver issues they had initially.

M$ tries to cater for everyone and sometimes they get it right and other times it seems to go horrendously wrong. I used Vista and out of the box it was not good. Once though you spent time and stripped stuff out you could get the thing working just fine. But and it is a big but, your average PC Joe isn't going to do that and the media ripped the OS to shreds.

My problem with the fruit company is I don't like their control requirements. For others though that's not an issue. So it all comes down to what works for us personally. I wouldn't though dismiss Apple simply because they're not for me and they have one hell of a following.

mart1981, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10: 41 percent of testers installed build 9860 - Similar Threads - percent testers installed

2. Flash won't install on Build 9860

in Browsers and Email
    Flash won't install on Build 9860: Strange thing just happened - I have updated to Build 9860, in fact, I reinstalled the original Win10 TP, then updated to 9860 right away and now am in the process of setting up. Suddenly I got the following message while installing Adobe Flash: "The user does not have...
  3. Can't update windows build from 9860

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't update windows build from 9860: every time i updated the OS its always comes with error that the connection down. please help 3715
  4. TRI boot with new build 9860

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TRI boot with new build 9860: Hello all, on my system i have 1 HDD with duel boot WIN 7 and WIn 8.1 when i installed win 10 TP i istalled it on a second laptop drive i had hanging around and managed to prefabricate a fit into my Pc. all i had to do was enter the BIOS at switch on and select witch drive...
  5. Fresh Install Windows 10 TP Build 9860

Fresh Install Windows 10 TP Build 9860: If you have multiple PC's to update or having trouble updating VM or don't want to see multiple Recovery partitions created from the update. If you've already have the C:\RecoveryImage folder or if someone can put it in the dropbox for you to download. Download:...
  6. Build 9860 ISO

Build 9860 ISO: My prefered pc refuses to upgrade to build 9860 so I tried, sucessfully to upgrade the second one. Before I had configured restore it crashed big time. I have removed the hdd and formatted it, I won't bother to put it on that machine again. I was wondering whether the ISO...
  7. Windows 10 Preview for phones build 8.15.12492.41 for select testers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Preview for phones build 8.15.12492.41 for select testers: Microsoft gave the world a glimpse of Windows 10 running on its smartphones last month, but the company has not yet released its first public preview of the new OS, which will replace the standalone Windows Phone operating system. Microsoft promised that it would deliver the...
  8. Windows 10 Build 9860 Now Available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9860 Now Available: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date
  9. No ISOs for Windows 10 build 9860

in Windows 10 News
    No ISOs for Windows 10 build 9860: With the release today of Windows 10 build 986, you might be hoping to download an ISO to perform a clean install of the OS. Unfortunately, Microsoft has said that this will not occur which means that Windows Update is your only option. The information comes from Gabriel...
  10. Windows 10 Build 9860 Spotted Online, New Languages Includ

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9860 Spotted Online, New Languages Includ: Work on Windows 10 continues and Microsoft has recently completed development of a new testing build that has reportedly been spotted online, most likely as the company shipped it to partners and private testers. Windows 10 build 9860, which is still part of the preview...