Windows 10: Windows 10 4K scaling

Discus and support Windows 10 4K scaling in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hai, I’m planning to buy a new monitor. Preferably one with a high resolution whereas a high DPI/PPI. Online I read that windows 10 had issues with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JesseLoef, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 4K scaling

Hai,

I’m planning to buy a new monitor. Preferably one with a high resolution whereas a high DPI/PPI. Online I read that windows 10 had issues with scaling for 4K monitors. Everything looks tiny and to fix that people use the scaling feature. But then some programs look blurry and unsharp and that defeats the whole purpose of buying a 4K monitor in the first place.

Is this problem still there? Is it fixed? Is there someone here with a 4K monitor who has experience with it? Is it better to buy a QHD monitor?

Let me know,

Thx in advance Windows 10 4K scaling :)

submitted by /u/JesseLoef
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JesseLoef, Aug 18, 2020
  2. TH90 Win User

4k Resolution scaling but then watching a 4k video

Hi,

I am building a PC with windows 10. I have yet to buy my monitor.

I'm considering buying a 4k/UHD monitor but given the issues you can have with scaling (i.e. when using program's that aren't set up to cope with the scaling and therefore show up blurred) I am wondering if it is worth it at this point in the 4k/windows
    infancy? Its worth pointing out that I am thinking of buying a monitor no bigger than 24" so not using scaling won't be very good as the task bar will be tiny.

Also, (my main question) when you use the scaling its effectively at Full HD resolution, correct me if I'm wrong, so what happens when scaling is on and I want to watch a 4k video. Will it be shown in 1080p or 4k? How does it work? What is the scaling actually
    doing.

Thanks in advance.

3. TH90 Win User
    4k Resolution scaling but then watching a 4k video

Hi Anup,

Thank you for your response.

So therefore is my previous point on certain program's displaying as blurry when scaling is used wrong? I.e. as they'll be effectively displayed similarly to full HD resolution?

Also, if I used scaling at 200% and I wanted to watch a 4K video would it be displayed at full HD (due to the scaling) or 4K resolution.

Thanks again.

4. Windows 10 4K scaling

4K Scaling: Windows 10 vs 7

Howdy folks,

I bought a 4K monitor during the recent holiday sales and want to really love this resolution. I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and a video card that supports 4K @ 30fps. Some things look great, some are disappointing.

I was wondering if an upgrade to Windows 10 would make a significant difference or not with 4K resolution and DPI scaling.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

-C

Chupalo-00, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 4K scaling

1. Windows 10 4K scaling - Similar Threads - scaling

2. Apps large on screen, not related to scaling or resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps large on screen, not related to scaling or resolution: Suddenly everything on my screen is HUGE! Icons, Apps, Fonts...Screen Resolution is "Recommended", 1920X1080. Scale is 100%. This is not related to the monitor, other computers plugged to the same monitor show fine. This effects all programs. I checked for driver updates....
  3. Apps large on screen, not related to scaling or resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps large on screen, not related to scaling or resolution: Suddenly everything on my screen is HUGE! Icons, Apps, Fonts...Screen Resolution is "Recommended", 1920X1080. Scale is 100%. This is not related to the monitor, other computers plugged to the same monitor show fine. This effects all programs. I checked for driver updates....
  4. Scaling changes to 100% after restart or sign out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scaling changes to 100% after restart or sign out: I have an Alienware X17 R2 running on Windows 11. I set a custom scaling to 115% as 100% is too small and 120% is too big for me. So I set a custom scaling which is 115%. However, this issue happens and it is the first for me. Whenever I restart or sign in into my PC, the...
  5. Scaling changes to 100% after restart or sign out

Scaling changes to 100% after restart or sign out: I have an Alienware X17 R2 running on Windows 11. I set a custom scaling to 115% as 100% is too small and 120% is too big for me. So I set a custom scaling which is 115%. However, this issue happens and it is the first for me. Whenever I restart or sign in into my PC, the...
  6. Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%: When using my laptop with two other monitors, I need the scaling to change on my laptop so I can still see information on that screen, so I change it to 125%. I also use the snipping tool regularly, but that gets screwed up when one of my monitors is not scaled to 100%, only...
  7. Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%

Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%: When using my laptop with two other monitors, I need the scaling to change on my laptop so I can still see information on that screen, so I change it to 125%. I also use the snipping tool regularly, but that gets screwed up when one of my monitors is not scaled to 100%, only...
  8. The home icons are blurred in 150% scale settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The home icons are blurred in 150% scale settings.: I have a laptop with 1080x1920 resolution, so automatically windows show the 150% scale settings recommended for my screen resolution, but the problem is the icons in the "home" folder are blurry not good looking. But the icons look normal when I use the 100% scaling, so any...
  9. The home icons are blurred in 150% scale settings.

The home icons are blurred in 150% scale settings.: I have a laptop with 1080x1920 resolution, so automatically windows show the 150% scale settings recommended for my screen resolution, but the problem is the icons in the "home" folder are blurry not good looking. But the icons look normal when I use the 100% scaling, so any...
  10. fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors: I got a new monitor with a different resolution than my current ones, and dont want to make it my main display because of where it is on my table. But some of my apps are blurry. This can apparently be fixed with the "fix scaling for apps" setting, but it only works on the...