Windows 10: Windows 10 - 5G Network Missing From Laptop After Update

Discus and support Windows 10 - 5G Network Missing From Laptop After Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok....so, I'm reading through other questions in this community forum and see that others have this same issue--AND have had this issue as far back as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SJRedding, Jan 4, 2019.

1. SJRedding Win User

Windows 10 - 5G Network Missing From Laptop After Update

Ok....so, I'm reading through other questions in this community forum and see that others have this same issue--AND have had this issue as far back as a year ago, or longer. Seems like this is a flaw with Windows 10. Here we go again Microsoft!!

I have updated drivers, gone through ALL the steps listed online to reset my computer in an attempt "see" my 5G network and NOTHING is happening. I have had 5G on this laptop for years!! I reset the router - and Verizon even gave me a new one - and NOTHING. All the phones in my house and other devices all see the 5G network just fine. EXCEPT the laptop. Was watching a movie, paused it to have dinner, and POOF!!! the 5G network disappeared.

My laptop had Windows 8 and I thought I was doing a good thing in loading Windows 10 on it. WRONG.

PLEASE send a new update to fix this problem. I would like to get back to using my computer.

Thanks.

:)

SJRedding, Jan 4, 2019

2. HP windows 10 laptop, will not see 5G networks

HP windows 10 laptop. All windows and drivers updated.

Will not see 5G networks. All other devices see the 5G networks

SSID: **************

Protocol: 802.11n

Security type: WPA2-Personal

Network band: 2.4 GHz

Network channel: 1

IPv4 address: 192.168.1.15

IPv4 DNS servers: 192.168.1.1

Manufacturer: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

Description: Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCIe Adapter

Driver version: 2024.0.1.102

Physical address (MAC): ******************

dillonwelsh, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Windows 10 5G nbn wifi not showing up

Hi,

There is a possibility that the wireless network adapter of your computer is not compatible with the 5G Wi-Fi network. Just to clarify, can your computer connect to other 5G networks?

For us to verify if your computer is compatible with the 5G Wi-Fi network, kindly provide the name of the wireless network card. To determine the device's name, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows logo, and then choose Device Manager.
    • Expand Network.
    • Locate the computer's wireless network card.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Argel Obm, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - 5G Network Missing From Laptop After Update

5G network issues

Hi, I have a network that has 2.4 and 5g. My laptop connects to the 2.4 network, but the 5g doesn't seem to pop up. My IPod connects fine to the 5g, but my laptop unfortunately doesn't.

-Windows 10 64bit

-Radio types supported: 802.11b 802.11g 802.11n

Does my laptop support 5g? If not, is there a way I could enable 5g support?

Edit: I have ThinkPad T420 Lenovo. My network adapters will be attached as an image to the post.

Thanks!

Windows 10 - 5G Network Missing From Laptop After Update a69be7b8-65d9-4b2c-b851-3fdd6838bb52.png

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

AnastasiaKaplina, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - 5G Network Missing From Laptop After Update

1. Windows 10 - 5G Network Missing From Laptop After Update - Similar Threads - Network Missing Laptop

2. Laptop windows wont connect to a 5g network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop windows wont connect to a 5g network: Hi,I have a windows laptop with MediaTek Wifi 6 mt7921 wireless lan card and today it just decided not to connect to my 5g network. I have a router with 2 networks, one is 2.4GHz and it connects to it normally but it does not want to connect to the 5GHz one. It was connected...
  3. Laptop windows wont connect to a 5g network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop windows wont connect to a 5g network: Hi,I have a windows laptop with MediaTek Wifi 6 mt7921 wireless lan card and today it just decided not to connect to my 5g network. I have a router with 2 networks, one is 2.4GHz and it connects to it normally but it does not want to connect to the 5GHz one. It was connected...
  4. Laptop windows wont connect to a 5g network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Window 10 - 5G Network Went Missing On My Laptop

Window 10 - 5G Network Went Missing On My Laptop: Usually I'm connecting my 5G network connection when I'm using my laptop. But currently my laptop couldn't detect any 5G connection. I have updated all the drivers and resetting my laptop as well but it doesn't fix the issues. All my phones and others devices could see the...
  6. 5G NETWORK & WINDOWS 10

5G NETWORK & WINDOWS 10: I cannot see my 5G network that I have been using for a long time. My Android phone and tablet can but my new laptop (WIN 10) doesn't. How do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/5g-network-windows-10/8feb2625-a0ff-4687-815d-4f745567b311
  7. 5G Network

5G Network: How can I find out whether my PC supports 5G? How can I turn it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/5g-network/dfde8283-d8ac-42c3-8cfd-e9ff8ea6ede1
  8. Missing Network Adapter after Updating WIndows 10 - ASUS Laptop X407MA

Missing Network Adapter after Updating WIndows 10 - ASUS Laptop X407MA: Hello, i've been using my laptop fine for a day, when i update the windows. The next time i open the laptop, it can't connect to wifi. I checked Device Manager and the network adapter is missing. These are what i've tried: Troubleshoot Network Downloading network...
  9. network 5g

network 5g: computer sees the 5GHz WiFi but will not connect (Windows 10) 2.4 and 5g both show up, will connect to 2.4 but says cannot connect to 5g, have connected to 5g on other devices. Acer all in one desktop Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter any help...
  10. HP windows 10 laptop, will not see 5G networks

HP windows 10 laptop, will not see 5G networks: HP windows 10 laptop. All windows and drivers updated. Will not see 5G networks. All other devices see the 5G networks SSID: ************** Protocol: 802.11n Security type: WPA2-Personal Network band: 2.4 GHz Network channel: 1 IPv4 address: 192.168.1.15 IPv4 DNS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 5g disappears after update

2. 5g network update laptop

3. 5g disappare after update

4. 5G Update for wondows 10,
  5. windows 10 network 5g missing