Windows 10: Windows 10 64 Bit Auto Recovery fails to run

Discus and support Windows 10 64 Bit Auto Recovery fails to run in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer was messed up after I installed Fix It Utilities. Since then, Explorer freezes and crashes and prevents other programs from running until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulB60047, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Windows 10 64 Bit Auto Recovery fails to run

My computer was messed up after I installed Fix It Utilities. Since then, Explorer freezes and crashes and prevents other programs from running until it reopens. It almost seems that the processor is over loaded. I use AVG Ultimate and it shows my system is free from Viruses. Any idea how I can rebuild Windows 10 64 Bit without destroying my content since the "Automatic " system fails to initiate and run?

:)

PaulB60047, Dec 25, 2018
  2. pepoluan Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Windows 32 bits to 64 bits

Hi Kulbeer,

To upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit, we suggest that you check and follow the steps/instructions provided by
    Andre Da Costa in his article.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Windows 10 64 Bit Auto Recovery fails to run

Going from 32 bit to 64 bit Windows 10

Hi Edward,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

It is completely dependent on the Architecture of your system. If your system type is 32bit it is not recommended to move to 64 bit operating system.

Therefore I would suggest you to follow the steps and check your system type:

1. Press Windows key + R to go to the run command, type "control system" and click Enter.

2. In the System type, if it is mentioned "x64 based processor" then you can upgrade to Windows 10 for 64 bit.

For more information on installation, kindly refer to the suggestion by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP)

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...o-64-bit/243e3072-0cc2-4f3b-b1ef-caef7d91edce

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 64 Bit Auto Recovery fails to run

1. Windows 10 64 Bit Auto Recovery fails to run - Similar Threads - Bit Auto Recovery

2. The ' character auto types, in Windows 10, 64 bit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The ' character auto types, in Windows 10, 64 bit.: My Dell Inspiron 5577, has windows 10, 64 bit architecture and the ' character auto types, without any input and upon pressing backspace it deletes but begins to autotype again randomly. Help me to resolve it....
  3. The ' character auto types, in Windows 10, 64 bit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The ' character auto types, in Windows 10, 64 bit.: My Dell Inspiron 5577, has windows 10, 64 bit architecture and the ' character auto types, without any input and upon pressing backspace it deletes but begins to autotype again randomly. Help me to resolve it....
  4. 64-bit Windows not running 64-bit applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    64-bit Windows not running 64-bit applications: I have a 64-bit PC, and I want to run an application, but everytime I do so it tells me that it can't run on my PC. I've tried running the troubleshooter, compatability mode, running as admin, and nothing works. I've been at this for a few hours now. Any suggestions would be...
  5. 64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs: 64 bit versions of apps I want to install say something like "64bit windows is required" and "this version will not work on your computer. Please download the 32 bit version instead.". The messages are also blurry. [ATTACH][ATTACH] System Type: 64-bit operating system,...
  6. Windows upgrade to 64 bit failed

Windows upgrade to 64 bit failed: Trying to upgrade to 64 bit version of Windows 10 32 bit version. Upgrade failed due to wrong format on hard drive. Is there a way to fix this without having to reformat my hard drive?...
  7. 64 Bit Recovery disk

64 Bit Recovery disk: My 64 bit copy of windows 10 Pro will not allow me to create a Recovery disk. When attempting to create a recovery disk it says I am missing some essential files. My 32 bit copy on another Computer allows me to do this with no problems. I installed both copies from the same...
  8. Window 10 Home 64 bit recovery

Window 10 Home 64 bit recovery: Window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-home-64-bit-recovery/458e4a83-5038-4063-a44b-25fa5f84aa91
  9. 32 bit software is not running on 64 bit windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    32 bit software is not running on 64 bit windows 10: i was using windows 7 32 bit and my softwares were running efficiently but after having windows 10 64 bit its not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/32-bit-software-is-not-running-on-64-bit-windows/6e8f8085-d636-412f-a241-a79d80065537
  10. 32 bit program not running on Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    32 bit program not running on Windows 10 64 bit: I have a program that I am trying to run on Windows 10, but it says it just run on a 32bit version navigator. Any suggestion on what to do?...