Windows 10: Windows 10 64-Bit Becomes the World’s Number 1 PC OS for Gaming

Discus and support Windows 10 64-Bit Becomes the World’s Number 1 PC OS for Gaming in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 64-Bit Becomes the World’s Number 1 PC OS for Gaming Windows 7 loses first place in Steam OS Charts [img] It took only 8 months... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Windows 10 64-Bit Becomes the World’s Number 1 PC OS for Gaming

Windows 10 64-Bit Becomes the World’s Number 1 PC OS for Gaming
    Windows 7 loses first place in Steam OS Charts

Windows 10 64-Bit Becomes the World’s Number 1 PC OS for Gaming [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/windo...ampaign=buffer

Cluster Head, Apr 2, 2016
  2. AcuraTML Win User

This data can be used as a double edge sword, or a argument and MS should want to keep far away from these kind of charts at all times if they want their Xbox baby project to take off and be a step ahead of Sony with their PlayStation baby project " this is going to be a war between Sony vs MS with their two different game devices/units in a cat and mouse battle going forward.

In a nutshell I would leave Windows 10 isolated from the mainstream games or gamers " hard core gamers are in their own word of the equation and if it isn't windows 7 it will be windows 10 and if again it isn't windows at all the will find the solution by OSX or Linux these folks are very clever they have the tools and capabilities to re-write original OEM games to what fits their needs to any OS " <-------------------- Hard Core Gamers will do whatever there is to get their game up and running on any OS and unleash their hardware to maximum over clocked ratios tweaks... this group has nothing to worry about they have their own way of doing things ...

Its us the PC Desktop or Laptop type that will see lots of change in the very near future regarding Windows before year 2020

" just one perspective and insight from a member "

Thanks again for this posting, Cluster-Head

:)

AcuraTML, Apr 2, 2016
  3. Anniversary update won't run

Thanks.

I've been following the articles and debate elsewhere (Best of PC World, etc.) about the merits of moving to 64-bit from 32-bit operation. My PC (2007 vintage) has a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit processor and only 2GB of RAM. Is that enough RAM for a 32>64 move,
    or would I do better to wait until I need to buy a new PC with more RAM installed? Windows 10 1607 Pro seems to be running happily enough - I use the PC mainly for "office" and home stuff, not for gaming.

AndrewBanks#keyboard, Apr 2, 2016
  4. Windows 10 64-Bit Becomes the World’s Number 1 PC OS for Gaming

How to change 32 bit to 64 bit OS

I initially purchased my laptop with 64 bit OS but when upgrading to windows 10 it changed to 32 bit OS. Please how can i make it become a 64 bit again.

Aliyu Imran Sabonbirni, Apr 2, 2016
  5. I don't consider myself a hard core gamer, but I do like to just chill out and play a game on my PC. I do it on Windows 10 because that's what OS I'm running at the moment. My PC will be one of those counted on steam as Win 10 x64. I didn't upgrade to 10 for gaming though. I upgraded because I like Windows 10. Gaming is just something I also do on my PC. I also just recently bought an XBOX ONE to play some games I can't play on my PC. XBOX doesn't use Steam though, and likely never will. You can't install PC games on it.

As old hardware dies so will x86 installs. x64 will be take over. Even my Raspberry Pi has a 64 bit CPU, lol.

alphanumeric, Apr 2, 2016
  6. I knew Windows 10 x64 was the best! And yet, nobody (not everyone - don't take that too literally*Wink) wants to upgrade from XP or 7? *really

Computer Chicken, Apr 2, 2016
  7. Windows 10 works for me. I have no problem with others using what ever OS they want. XP will die a slow death as old hardware dies. I know a fair number of people that just run whatever was installed on their PC when they bought it. XP, Vista, Windows 7, etc. They won't upgrade until they have to buy a new PC. That's just the way it is. If it isn't broke don't fix it.

8. Windows 10 64-Bit Becomes the World’s Number 1 PC OS for Gaming

I'm surprised Windows 10 is top. It basically destroyed the ability to play half my game library circa 2002-2010 when they squashed securom and safedisc (this was a PC that came with 10 so no re enabling that service for me). But I guess steam is different because their games don't have these technologies. But I would of thought in the overall scheme of things Windows 7 is still no.1 for gaming

Scottyboy99, Apr 2, 2016
  9. I wasn't criticizing what people are using at all, just putting my opinion out there *Wink If they like there old OS and get more vulnerability to security hacks then that's fine with me, but I like to see people having to be up to date and having the latest OS. But I can totally see if you can't afford a new one or another OS and I totally get that, but I mean it's free, I would take that any day for an OS. *Smile It is good to have change, but nobody likes change unfortunately *Sad I was the first in my family (and parents sides) to even go to Windows 10 and I thought "this is the greatest OS out here!" but everyone liked Windows 7 (Which I think is so overrated, imo, imo).

This message is not to be offensive or anything else, this is just my opinion, you can like it or don't, doesn't matter to me *Biggrin

Thanks!

10. Sorry, didn't mean to imply anything. Also just posting my opinion. *Smile It might have sounded like I was criticizing your post but that was not my intension.

11. Windows 7 did that to me with one of my games. The copy protection installed as driver between the optical disk and the OS. It wasn't compatible with Windows 7 and wouldn't install. Without it the game won't launch.

12. Oh, my bad. I guess I took it way too literally. *Tongue But don't worry about, It's okay. I know you aren't trying intension anything, I totally understand. *Smile

13. Windows 10 64-Bit Becomes the World’s Number 1 PC OS for Gaming

I can see now how it could look like I was replying specifically to you. Your post just started a train of thought in my mind. I am also a member of the sister forums, Eight Forums and Seven Forums. "Sometimes" just saying you like 10 there will get you flamed by those that hate it. Even when your trying to help them fix an issue. I go there less and less as a result. Sorry for the confusion. Looks like we're cool now though.
    *Thumbs

14. It's ok, and totally --> *Cool

Computer Chicken, Apr 3, 2016
  15. 36% of gaming marketshare in just 8 months is very impressive.

z31fanatic, Apr 3, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 64-Bit Becomes the World’s Number 1 PC OS for Gaming

1. Windows 10 64-Bit Becomes the World’s Number 1 PC OS for Gaming - Similar Threads - Bit Becomes World’s

2. Move from 32 Bit OS to 64 Bit OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move from 32 Bit OS to 64 Bit OS: Currently, I run windows 10 home 32 Bit on a 64 Bit processor. I am looking to upgrade the OS to 64 Bit but I don’t want to reinstall Windows as the computer is from a relative who passed away and was working on a application for training pilots. As there is no exe installer,...
  3. Move from 32 Bit OS to 64 Bit OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move from 32 Bit OS to 64 Bit OS: Currently, I run windows 10 home 32 Bit on a 64 Bit processor. I am looking to upgrade the OS to 64 Bit but I don’t want to reinstall Windows as the computer is from a relative who passed away and was working on a application for training pilots. As there is no exe installer,...
  4. Why wont my 64 bit system and 64 bit Windows 10 OS install 64 bit software?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why wont my 64 bit system and 64 bit Windows 10 OS install 64 bit software?: Ok so I did a fresh install of a 64 bit windows 10 OS on my new Samsung Pro SSD hard drive. My computer is a Dell desktop 8900 64 bit system. I have confirmed all this in the "About PC" but when I try and install any 64 bit software I get the attached error. Any ideas what...
  5. Is there a diffrence between Windows 64-bit OS and Windows 64-bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a diffrence between Windows 64-bit OS and Windows 64-bit: Some developer told me that I can run a windows 64-bit system on windows 32-bit. Isn't Windows 64-bit OS and Windows 64-bit the same thing?...
  6. Is 64 bit OS useful??????.

Is 64 bit OS useful??????.: Independent of ram, Installing 64 bit OS is useful or not????? Some are saying that installing 64 bit OS is not much useful. As it uses double amount of data than 32 bit. Even we have more than 4 GB ram like 6 GB ram, they are telling that it doesn't improve much...
  7. About 64 bit OS??????

About 64 bit OS??????: My motherboard : Asus. Model:P5QPL-AM. My OS:windows 10 pro 1903. Architecture:32 bit. Currently I have ram:2 GB. If I buy a 4 GB ram and make it 6 GB, Now, is 64 bit OS is useful than 32 bit???? If I buy 2 GB ram and make it 4 GB ram, Now, is 64 bit OS...
  8. Windows 64 bit OS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 64 bit OS: Running Windows 10 Pro on an Asus notebook. System information shows the system as a 64 bit OS with an x64-based processor. However, when I open the CMD prompt the system is shown as C:\WINDOWS\system32 On drive C: > WINDOWS there is a folder System32 I upgraded from...
  9. Windows 10 32-bit OS to 64-bit with a 64-bit based processor

Windows 10 32-bit OS to 64-bit with a 64-bit based processor: How can I change my Windows 10 32-bit OS to 64-bit as I've a 64-bit based processor? I tried downloading the Windows 10 64-bit OS from the microsoft site like an ISO file and tried running it, but it says that this pc can't run that software where Windows 10 32-bit was...
  10. Switch from a 32-bit OS to 64-bit OS on Windows 10

Switch from a 32-bit OS to 64-bit OS on Windows 10: I am running a 32 bit Windows 10 OS. I was looking around and noticed that my PC has an x64-based processor. Everything I have looked at so far tells me that I can run the 64 bit OS on this PC. If I was to reload Windows 10 with the 64-bit OS from an ISO disk, are there...