Windows 10: Windows 10 64 bit Computer management mmc window constantly hanging

Discus and support Windows 10 64 bit Computer management mmc window constantly hanging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I have been getting numerous hangups using the Computer Management application mmc.exe in Windows 10 64 bit. In the event viewer I am getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sparky4460, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Windows 10 64 bit Computer management mmc window constantly hanging

Recently I have been getting numerous hangups using the Computer Management application mmc.exe in Windows 10 64 bit. In the event viewer I am getting the following message:

The program mmc.exe version 10.0.19041.746 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
    Process ID: 4db4
    Start Time: 01d7049743550f01
    Termination Time: 9
    Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\mmc.exe
    Report Id: 0f034f81-4920-48c8-871e-16273027c162
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Hang type: Cross-thread

It just hangs and I have to end the task. In the last 24 hours it happened 4 times.

Windows 10 is up to date.

Anyone else seeing this or know a solution?

:)

Sparky4460, Feb 16, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

Windows XP 64-bit is gold

Several Websites report that Windows XP 64-bit has reached gold status and is on the way to the CD manufacturer.

MSDN subscribers can already download the final release of Windows XP 64-Bit Edition.

The top 5 reasons to upgrade are (from MS Website):
    • High performance platform for the next generation of applications: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is a rich platform that enables the next generation of high-performance computing. 64-bit native applications can deliver more data per clock cycle, making them run faster and more efficiently.
    • Large memory support: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition will currently support up to 128 gigabytes (GB) of RAM and 16 terabytes of virtual memory, enabling applications to run faster when working with large data sets. Applications can preload substantially more data into virtual memory, allowing rapid access by the 64-bit processor.
    • Flexibility: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition provides a rich platform to integrate 64-bit technical applications and existing 32-bit business applications using the Windows on Windows 64 (WOW64) x86 emulation layer, providing customers with the ability to move to 64-bit computing without having to sacrifice their existing investment in 32-bit software and Windows expertise.
    • Multiprocessing and multicore: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is designed to support up to two single or multicore x64 processors for maximum performance and scalability.
    • Same programming model: Developers with 32-bit skills will be comfortable and quickly productive in the 64-bit Windows environment, finding it virtually identical to the development environment for 32-bit Windows.
    I have seen many reviews which compare 64-bit vs. 32-bit and there is not much gain to see, unless you use specialized applications.

W1zzard, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile Windows 10 64 bit Computer management mmc window constantly hanging :)

4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 64 bit Computer management mmc window constantly hanging

Windows Vista32 bit or 64!!!

I'd say skip Vista completely and go straight to Windows 7 64-bit. It's much more refined than Vista and has better performance, too.

Windows 7 RC will be officially released as a free download on May 5th, so just hang on a few more days for it.

qubit, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 64 bit Computer management mmc window constantly hanging

1. Windows 10 64 bit Computer management mmc window constantly hanging - Similar Threads - bit Computer management

2. windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit: hello, so recently I upgraded my computer to windows 10, but I did this while not knowing that I could get 64-bit as well, I've tried to download 64-bit on my upgraded computer via the media installation tool into my USB, but every time I do it, it says that windows cannot...
  3. windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit: hello, so recently I upgraded my computer to windows 10, but I did this while not knowing that I could get 64-bit as well, I've tried to download 64-bit on my upgraded computer via the media installation tool into my USB, but every time I do it, it says that windows cannot...
  4. Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 64 bit: I cannot access my photographs from file explorer. When I try to download a profile photograph for Mecargi. It takes me to file explorer and the Photos program on my applications page is not accessible. When I open it through the apps page the pathway is Photos- it gives no...
  5. windows 10 64 bit

windows 10 64 bit: hello , I have P5G41T-MLX V2 xeon x 5460 4GB RAM , GTX 750 TI , I wont install windows 10 64 bit (I have 2 reason for this , 4 gb ram , and 64bit bassed processor , but when im trying to install windows 10 64 bit version , I just restart pc pres f8 (boot menu ) choose...
  6. Window 10 64 bit to 32 bit

Window 10 64 bit to 32 bit: I recently purchased a new hard drive, and I installed windows 10 64 bit on my laptop (Inspiron 15 3000 series) and after that the laptop started runnin slow, unable to use my technical drawing apps and my games. my RAM is 4GB and I want to install windows 10 32 bit but...
  7. 32 bit or 64 bit window 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    32 bit or 64 bit window 10?: how can i find out if my Windows 10 Home is a 32 bit or 64 bit version? My laptop is a 64 bit operating system. I've looked at the "Settings -- System -- About" and all it tells me is that it is Windows 10 Home....
  8. windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 64 bit: no audio output device installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-64-bit/95fee463-b371-4f76-b620-1e7efb3d5673
  9. Constant Windows 10 hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Constant Windows 10 hangs: Here's a chronic and apparently unsolvable problem with Windows 10. Short desciption: ever since moving the boot partition to a Crucial MX200 SSD, the PC has been crash and hang prone. Windows 10 Version: 10.0.15063 Build 15063 32 Bit Windows, PC has a AMD FX6300 and...
  10. Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit?

Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit?: Yesterday I installed windows 10 with 32-bit operating system, but now I want to change the operating system to 64-bit. I want to know if I can reinstalled windows 10 with 64-bit operating system? 11557