Windows 10: Windows 10 64 bit file explorer auto refresh

Discus and support Windows 10 64 bit file explorer auto refresh in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2 and recently updated to the latest version of windows 10 and surface book 2 firmware. After rebooting i realized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by artillery12, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 64 bit file explorer auto refresh

I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2 and recently updated to the latest version of windows 10 and surface book 2 firmware. After rebooting i realized that file explorer auto refresh had stopped working. After reading and doing alittle investigating i found that many others were having this same issue all the way back to sept 2016. I tried the regedit fix under CLSID. I created a new "dontrefresh" DWORD and QWORD under "Instance". Rebooted twice. This did not solve my problem. Pushing F5 everytime i delete / edit / copy / paste / cut a file is not an option. Please help. I need this fixed. As i use my surface extensivly for work. How do i fix this problem??

:)

artillery12, Aug 18, 2020

2. Win 10 (64 bit) File Explorer Does not Auto Refresh

Hi,

I recently started using Windows 10 (64 bit) on a new laptop (previously I was using Windows 7 on my old laptop).

One thing I have noticed is that when I add a file to a folder, it doesn't auto refresh its placement unless I manually hit F5 (which is a constant hassle as I do alot of file organizing). This was never a problem on my previous version of Windows.

I have tried updating my Windows 10 Registry using the CLSID key "DontRefresh" (which had to be manually inserted) as per the instructions in the asnwer to a previous question (Win 10 (64 bit) File Explorer Does not Auto Refresh).

I tried both the 64 bit solution (QWORD) and then deleted that and tried the 32 bit solution (DWORD). I rebooted before testing each instance
    and at no time did I have both at the same time. Neither solution works.

Is there any other way to get auto refresh working for Windows 10 File Explorer?

mangodebango, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Win 10 (64 bit) File Explorer Does not Auto Refresh

• When did you start experiencing this problem?
    Since I started using the folder system on this browser. It seems to be a WIndows 10 issue (or default setting?). The only way I can refresh at this point is hitting F5 or left clicking to the Refresh option. THere is no Auto Refresh when I add a file to
    folder.

• Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    No. This is a new machine with a freshly installed version of WIndows 10. I have not seen it work the way it did in WIndows 7 on my old laptop.

• Does the issue happen to all the folders in File Explorer?
    Yes. I've tried dragging and dropping files into different folders in various different view options (Details / Large Icons etc). The new file added is visible but it is placed at the end of the file list and not auto arranged in alphabetical order as I
    am familiar with in the past. Is there an auto arrange option for this?

mangodebango, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 64 bit file explorer auto refresh

Win 10 (64 bit) File Explorer Does not Auto Refresh

Hi Marc,

Windows 10-64 bit.

ACER TMB 115 M

SSD Samsung 500GB

I did the modification - but Explorer still does not refresh automatically.

Do you have another suggestion to solve this problem?

Thank you

Claus Dittmann

ClausDittmann, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 64 bit file explorer auto refresh

1. Windows 10 64 bit file explorer auto refresh - Similar Threads - bit file explorer

2. Windows file explorer auto refresh not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows file explorer auto refresh not working: When I save or delete files from folders they don't appear until I manually hit F5 to see the changes. Not sure why it's not auto refreshing the folders anymore?...
  3. Windows file explorer auto refresh not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows file explorer auto refresh not working: When I save or delete files from folders they don't appear until I manually hit F5 to see the changes. Not sure why it's not auto refreshing the folders anymore?...
  4. Windows file explorer auto refresh not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. File Explorer windows10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer windows10 64 bit: When I run file explorer I have two music files listed under This PC.The first gives the location under the General tab as "C: \User\username\NetHood"and Under the location Tab as "C: \User\username\NetHood\Music"the second occurrence givesGeneral Tab "C:...
  6. File Explorer not auto-refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer not auto-refreshing: I am doing some data entry work tagging and sorting a large volume of documents, but every time I am done with a document, I need to manually refresh the folder to see it placed in its new position. While this normally would be a quick and mundane task, I need to...
  7. File Explorer not auto-refreshing

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer not auto-refreshing: I am doing some data entry work tagging and sorting a large volume of documents, but every time I am done with a document, I need to manually refresh the folder to see it placed in its new position. While this normally would be a quick and mundane task, I need to...
  8. windows 10 v2004 file explorer does not auto refresh

windows 10 v2004 file explorer does not auto refresh: file explorer does not auto refresh Need to hit f5 to get files and folders to refresh. Unable to find a fix for windows 10 v2004 September 2020 For example - when I attempt to delete a folder from the desktop - I get this error message [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 10 86 Bit Doesn't Auto Refresh Files

Windows 10 86 Bit Doesn't Auto Refresh Files: Every time I rename/delete/move a file or folder I have to press F5 to see the changes. Please fix this - the latest Windows update is doing more harm than good at the moment!...
  10. Windows 10 (64-bit) Files/Folders Not Auto Refreshing

Windows 10 (64-bit) Files/Folders Not Auto Refreshing: I've tried every solution that I could find online, including: Check for Windows updates: Settings -> Update & Security -> Check for updates [Done] Restart File Explorer (explorer.exe): Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) -> Processes tab -> Right-click Windows Explorer ->...