Windows 10: Windows 10 (64-bit) Files/Folders Not Auto Refreshing

Discus and support Windows 10 (64-bit) Files/Folders Not Auto Refreshing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've tried every solution that I could find online, including: Check for Windows updates: Settings -> Update & Security -> Check for updates [Done]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rynori, Sep 18, 2019.

1. rynori Win User

Windows 10 (64-bit) Files/Folders Not Auto Refreshing

I've tried every solution that I could find online, including:

• Check for Windows updates: Settings -> Update & Security -> Check for updates [Done]
    • Restart File Explorer (explorer.exe): Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) -> Processes tab -> Right-click Windows Explorer -> Restart [Done]
    • Add "DontRefresh" Registry key: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-refresh/703492e6-dffb-4344-9699-7e41b2c4ddee [Done]
    • Delete IconCache.db file: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\IconCache.db [Done]
    • System File Checker: Open cmd (Admin) -> sfc /scannow [Done]
    • Deployment Image Servicing and Management: Open cmd (Admin) -> DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth [Done]
    • Uncheck Search options in File Explorer: File Explorer -> View tab -> Options -> Search tab -> Uncheck all options [Done]
    • Reset Folders in View options: File Explorer -> View tab -> Options -> View tab -> Reset Folders [Done]
    • Reset Desktop Icon Settings: Personalize -> Themes -> Desktop icon settings -> Restore Default [Done]
    • Turn off third-party Shell extensions [Done]

/edit: Hopefully those help someone else. Best of luck to you.

For me, the fixes are temporary and will work for about 30 minutes to an hour, then the issue will reappear. Please advise on a permanent solution.

:)

rynori, Sep 18, 2019

2. Win 10 (64 bit) File Explorer Does not Auto Refresh

Hi,

I recently started using Windows 10 (64 bit) on a new laptop (previously I was using Windows 7 on my old laptop).

One thing I have noticed is that when I add a file to a folder, it doesn't auto refresh its placement unless I manually hit F5 (which is a constant hassle as I do alot of file organizing). This was never a problem on my previous version of Windows.

I have tried updating my Windows 10 Registry using the CLSID key "DontRefresh" (which had to be manually inserted) as per the instructions in the asnwer to a previous question (Win 10 (64 bit) File Explorer Does not Auto Refresh).

I tried both the 64 bit solution (QWORD) and then deleted that and tried the 32 bit solution (DWORD). I rebooted before testing each instance
    and at no time did I have both at the same time. Neither solution works.

Is there any other way to get auto refresh working for Windows 10 File Explorer?

mangodebango, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Win 10 (64 bit) File Explorer Does not Auto Refresh

• When did you start experiencing this problem?
    Since I started using the folder system on this browser. It seems to be a WIndows 10 issue (or default setting?). The only way I can refresh at this point is hitting F5 or left clicking to the Refresh option. THere is no Auto Refresh when I add a file to
    folder.

• Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    No. This is a new machine with a freshly installed version of WIndows 10. I have not seen it work the way it did in WIndows 7 on my old laptop.

• Does the issue happen to all the folders in File Explorer?
    Yes. I've tried dragging and dropping files into different folders in various different view options (Details / Large Icons etc). The new file added is visible but it is placed at the end of the file list and not auto arranged in alphabetical order as I
    am familiar with in the past. Is there an auto arrange option for this?

mangodebango, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 (64-bit) Files/Folders Not Auto Refreshing

Win 10 (64 bit) File Explorer Does not Auto Refresh

Hi Marc,

Windows 10-64 bit.

ACER TMB 115 M

SSD Samsung 500GB

I did the modification - but Explorer still does not refresh automatically.

Do you have another suggestion to solve this problem?

Thank you

Claus Dittmann

ClausDittmann, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 (64-bit) Files/Folders Not Auto Refreshing

1. Windows 10 (64-bit) Files/Folders Not Auto Refreshing - Similar Threads - bit Files Folders

2. The ' character auto types, in Windows 10, 64 bit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The ' character auto types, in Windows 10, 64 bit.: My Dell Inspiron 5577, has windows 10, 64 bit architecture and the ' character auto types, without any input and upon pressing backspace it deletes but begins to autotype again randomly. Help me to resolve it....
  3. The ' character auto types, in Windows 10, 64 bit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The ' character auto types, in Windows 10, 64 bit.: My Dell Inspiron 5577, has windows 10, 64 bit architecture and the ' character auto types, without any input and upon pressing backspace it deletes but begins to autotype again randomly. Help me to resolve it....
  4. File Explorer not auto-refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer not auto-refreshing: I am doing some data entry work tagging and sorting a large volume of documents, but every time I am done with a document, I need to manually refresh the folder to see it placed in its new position. While this normally would be a quick and mundane task, I need to...
  5. File Explorer not auto-refreshing

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer not auto-refreshing: I am doing some data entry work tagging and sorting a large volume of documents, but every time I am done with a document, I need to manually refresh the folder to see it placed in its new position. While this normally would be a quick and mundane task, I need to...
  6. Windows 10 64 bit file explorer auto refresh

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 64 bit file explorer auto refresh: I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2 and recently updated to the latest version of windows 10 and surface book 2 firmware. After rebooting i realized that file explorer auto refresh had stopped working. After reading and doing alittle investigating i found that many others...
  7. FTP folder not auto refresh in Windows 10

FTP folder not auto refresh in Windows 10: Hi all, I have a ftp folder in Windows 10. The ftp folder doesn't auto refresh. I need to press F5 to make it fresh. Even I close the folder and reopen it, the folder didn't refresh itself. However, the folder can auto refresh in Windows 7. Is it a default behaviour for...
  8. Windows 10 86 Bit Doesn't Auto Refresh Files

Windows 10 86 Bit Doesn't Auto Refresh Files: Every time I rename/delete/move a file or folder I have to press F5 to see the changes. Please fix this - the latest Windows update is doing more harm than good at the moment!...
  9. Folder Icons in Win 10 64-bit

Folder Icons in Win 10 64-bit: Old hat subject, but very puzzling. I was able to use a 3rd Party Folder colorizer ["Marker", free version] to colour the icons for both theProgram Files Folder on both my Win 10 pcs. This despiteWindows refusing in "Properties". Anyway, I just noticed that the 64-bitPrograms...
  10. Windows 10 64 Bit Auto Recovery fails to run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 64 Bit Auto Recovery fails to run: My computer was messed up after I installed Fix It Utilities. Since then, Explorer freezes and crashes and prevents other programs from running until it reopens. It almost seems that the processor is over loaded. I use AVG Ultimate and it shows my system is free from Viruses....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 automatically refresh folder directory