Windows 10: Windows 10 (64-bit) Files/Folders Not Auto Refreshing

Discus and support Windows 10 (64-bit) Files/Folders Not Auto Refreshing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've tried every solution that I could find online, including: Check for Windows updates: Settings -> Update & Security -> Check for updates [Done]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rynori, Sep 18, 2019.

1. rynori Win User

Windows 10 (64-bit) Files/Folders Not Auto Refreshing

I've tried every solution that I could find online, including:

• Check for Windows updates: Settings -> Update & Security -> Check for updates [Done]
    • Restart File Explorer (explorer.exe): Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) -> Processes tab -> Right-click Windows Explorer -> Restart [Done]
    • Add "DontRefresh" Registry key: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-refresh/703492e6-dffb-4344-9699-7e41b2c4ddee [Done]
    • Delete IconCache.db file: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\IconCache.db [Done]
    • System File Checker: Open cmd (Admin) -> sfc /scannow [Done]
    • Deployment Image Servicing and Management: Open cmd (Admin) -> DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth [Done]
    • Uncheck Search options in File Explorer: File Explorer -> View tab -> Options -> Search tab -> Uncheck all options [Done]
    • Reset Folders in View options: File Explorer -> View tab -> Options -> View tab -> Reset Folders [Done]
    • Reset Desktop Icon Settings: Personalize -> Themes -> Desktop icon settings -> Restore Default [Done]
    • Turn off third-party Shell extensions [Done]

/edit: Hopefully those help someone else. Best of luck to you.

For me, the fixes are temporary and will work for about 30 minutes to an hour, then the issue will reappear. Please advise on a permanent solution.

:)

rynori, Sep 18, 2019

2. Win 10 (64 bit) File Explorer Does not Auto Refresh

Hi,

I recently started using Windows 10 (64 bit) on a new laptop (previously I was using Windows 7 on my old laptop).

One thing I have noticed is that when I add a file to a folder, it doesn't auto refresh its placement unless I manually hit F5 (which is a constant hassle as I do alot of file organizing). This was never a problem on my previous version of Windows.

I have tried updating my Windows 10 Registry using the CLSID key "DontRefresh" (which had to be manually inserted) as per the instructions in the asnwer to a previous question (Win 10 (64 bit) File Explorer Does not Auto Refresh).

I tried both the 64 bit solution (QWORD) and then deleted that and tried the 32 bit solution (DWORD). I rebooted before testing each instance
    and at no time did I have both at the same time. Neither solution works.

Is there any other way to get auto refresh working for Windows 10 File Explorer?

mangodebango, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Win 10 (64 bit) File Explorer Does not Auto Refresh

• When did you start experiencing this problem?
    Since I started using the folder system on this browser. It seems to be a WIndows 10 issue (or default setting?). The only way I can refresh at this point is hitting F5 or left clicking to the Refresh option. THere is no Auto Refresh when I add a file to
    folder.

• Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    No. This is a new machine with a freshly installed version of WIndows 10. I have not seen it work the way it did in WIndows 7 on my old laptop.

• Does the issue happen to all the folders in File Explorer?
    Yes. I've tried dragging and dropping files into different folders in various different view options (Details / Large Icons etc). The new file added is visible but it is placed at the end of the file list and not auto arranged in alphabetical order as I
    am familiar with in the past. Is there an auto arrange option for this?

mangodebango, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 (64-bit) Files/Folders Not Auto Refreshing

Win 10 (64 bit) File Explorer Does not Auto Refresh

Hi Marc,

Windows 10-64 bit.

ACER TMB 115 M

SSD Samsung 500GB

I did the modification - but Explorer still does not refresh automatically.

Do you have another suggestion to solve this problem?

Thank you

Claus Dittmann

ClausDittmann, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 (64-bit) Files/Folders Not Auto Refreshing

1. Windows 10 (64-bit) Files/Folders Not Auto Refreshing - Similar Threads - bit Files Folders

2. Windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit: Hello, I've just bought windows 10 32 bit and released I need the 64 bit version instead will I be able to upgrade this or will I need to buy the 64 bit version instead...
  3. Windows 10 (64 bit) Upgrade from Windows 7 (64 bit)

Windows 10 (64 bit) Upgrade from Windows 7 (64 bit): Will there be a patch to install Windows 10 64 bit on our older computers? I know about the 32 bit version being compatible, but the AMD Athlon cpu's were originally designed to run 64 bit applications. Most of the cpu's have more than enough power for the OS. I'm sure there...
  4. Windows 10 64 Bit Auto Recovery fails to run

Windows 10 64 Bit Auto Recovery fails to run: My computer was messed up after I installed Fix It Utilities. Since then, Explorer freezes and crashes and prevents other programs from running until it reopens. It almost seems that the processor is over loaded. I use AVG Ultimate and it shows my system is free from Viruses....
  5. Window 10 64 bit to 32 bit

Window 10 64 bit to 32 bit: I recently purchased a new hard drive, and I installed windows 10 64 bit on my laptop (Inspiron 15 3000 series) and after that the laptop started runnin slow, unable to use my technical drawing apps and my games. my RAM is 4GB and I want to install windows 10 32 bit but...
  6. Windows 10 32-bit OS to 64-bit with a 64-bit based processor

Windows 10 32-bit OS to 64-bit with a 64-bit based processor: How can I change my Windows 10 32-bit OS to 64-bit as I've a 64-bit based processor? I tried downloading the Windows 10 64-bit OS from the microsoft site like an ISO file and tried running it, but it says that this pc can't run that software where Windows 10 32-bit was...
  7. 32 bit or 64 bit window 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    32 bit or 64 bit window 10?: how can i find out if my Windows 10 Home is a 32 bit or 64 bit version? My laptop is a 64 bit operating system. I've looked at the "Settings -- System -- About" and all it tells me is that it is Windows 10 Home....
  8. windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 64 bit: no audio output device installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-64-bit/95fee463-b371-4f76-b620-1e7efb3d5673
  9. Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit?

Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit?: Yesterday I installed windows 10 with 32-bit operating system, but now I want to change the operating system to 64-bit. I want to know if I can reinstalled windows 10 with 64-bit operating system? 11557
  10. The latest ISO files for Windows 10 64 bit and 32 bit.

The latest ISO files for Windows 10 64 bit and 32 bit.: I wanted to make a new set of Windows 10 installation DVDs since I figured that the ones I created months ago would be an older build, but the ISOs I downloaded today from here: Tech Bench appear to be the same; for instance the 64 bit ISO file name is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 automatically refresh folder directory