Windows 10: Windows 10 64-bit HP Pavilion g6 Battery stops charging while AC plugged: Indicates:...

Discus and support Windows 10 64-bit HP Pavilion g6 Battery stops charging while AC plugged: Indicates:... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This seems to be a SOFTWARE issue, caused by an upgrade or driver change that results in disabling the battery from charging beyond 76%. When I check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeriWinkle1, Sep 6, 2018.

1. PeriWinkle1 Win User

Windows 10 64-bit HP Pavilion g6 Battery stops charging while AC plugged: Indicates:...

This seems to be a SOFTWARE issue, caused by an upgrade or driver change that results in disabling the battery from charging beyond 76%. When I check the device settings there is a driver :Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, that seems to be modified or "upgraded" since July 2018. This was NOT an issue with my battery, the charger, the cord, the jack/s or any other hardware, has resulted in RECENT disabling of the charge intake to the Battery from the AC direct current. Previously, the Battery charged up to 100%, while the Notebook PC glowed an AMBER light until fully charged, then the light turned White. NOW, the light stays white indicating FULLY CHARGED Battery, while the battery icon indicates 76% charged. Obviously, there has been a change that is programmed to limit the battery charge intake--based on What? Has Hewlett-Packard devised a code to block full-charge to "extend battery life"--that Microsoft would have to be compliant with or the code should be blocked by Windows Defender--what's going on, HOW can I disable whatever is coded to block the battery from fully charging? Is this managed by a default POWER OPTION that MICROSOFT/Windows 10 has newly implemented? As a troubleshooter, it is not the hardware, it seems intrinsic to Microsoft 10 Windows Power Settings...there is a bar that shows (for my Notebook) 76% power, but the bar doesn't allow me to slide it to 100% Capacity...the fact that it's disallowing my (USER) control indicates it a programmed limitation. What is the FIX? Thank you Note System Info

Windows 10 64-bit version

Started in mid-August 2018--When Battery is charging the PC light remains Amber, when fully-charged, Battery light is white

The Battery Notification advises “76% available (plugged in, not charging)”
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134

System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard

System Model HP Pavilion g6 notebook PC

System Type: x64-based PC

System SKU: LU897AV

BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.37, 1/16/2013

SMBIOS Version 2.6

:)

PeriWinkle1, Sep 6, 2018
  2. lumbee55 Win User

Battery plugged in, not charging. I have a Hp Pavilion dm 1

Battery plugged in, not charging. I have a Hp Pavilion dm 1. I upgraded to Windows 10 several months ago. Just started getting the not charging message a couple days ago. Went thru numerous suggestions found on various forums but nothing seems to work. Any
    more suggestions.

lumbee55, Sep 6, 2018
  3. JesseGordon Win User
    Windows 10 HP Pavilion Battery Charging

My HP Pavilion with Windows 10 only seems to charge when the computer is turned off. When the computer is on, I will plug it in and for 5 seconds I will get a charging notification on my battery, then it will stop charging altogether. I've tried restarting
    the PC to no avail...tried to disable Extend Battery Saver mode. Luckily I can charge when the HP is off, but that means I cant use it as effectively to use it as a reference for documents I have as PDFs.

Unplugged my battery icon just gives the percentage. Plugged in it gives percentage and 'plugged in, but not charging'.

JesseGordon, Sep 6, 2018
  4. mel77084 Win User

Windows 10 64-bit HP Pavilion g6 Battery stops charging while AC plugged: Indicates:...

Battery not charging when plugged in.

That's the indication it gives when the battery has failed. HP might provide a pre-boot diagnostic utility that might confirm that, or give more information.

mel77084, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 64-bit HP Pavilion g6 Battery stops charging while AC plugged: Indicates:... - Similar Threads - bit Pavilion Battery

2. battery not charging while plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery not charging while plugged in: I'm at 89% but the light is still orange and the display reads "plugged in but not charging". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging-while-plugged-in/24a9e307-0c27-46aa-bc9f-0fa864ad325c
  3. Battery is plugged in but it is not charging

Battery is plugged in but it is not charging: When my laptop battery got down i plugged it for charging purpose Actually it is plugged in but not charging why??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-is-plugged-in-but-it-is-not-charging/36ad447c-fd5f-4be2-8f0f-db7c249a48ab
  4. battery plugged in not charging

battery plugged in not charging: Is it an option to return to windows 7 (as original when I purchaced my laptop) as I constantly get "battery plugged in not charging" since upgrading to Windows 10...
  5. battery plugged in not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery plugged in not charging: Since installing Window 10, I have a message "plugged in not charging" as it would do seem many other users, is there a problem with Windows 10 ? I have surfed the web and found my problem is very common, but to resolve the issue is all but impossible. There are many many...
  6. ac adapter for battery charger not charging

ac adapter for battery charger not charging: my dell insprion 5551 ac adapter isn't charging by battery and I have tried all the suggestions that dell provided and still nothing. my battery is at 10%. I not had a problem till I remember month or 2 ago I reset my pc but ac adapter didn't get notice till month ago. when I...
  7. battery plugged in not charging

battery plugged in not charging: My battery won't charge. Says plugged in not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/battery-plugged-in-not-charging/88e70d57-e863-4a95-8925-9bf98ee0aa69
  8. battery plugged in but not charging in Windows 10

battery plugged in but not charging in Windows 10: I have a Dell 13 inch 2-in-1 laptop running Windows 10. I am getting this error with a 65 watt battery charger plugged in. Prior suggestions involving removing the battery are not applicable as the battery is not accessible. I have replaced the battery charger. The only...
  9. battery plugged in but not charging

battery plugged in but not charging: Status on laptop shows battery plugged in but not charging (battery is at 80%). When I disconnect the mains, the laptop shuts down....
  10. HP pavilion dm4 stuck at 56% charging plugged in,not charging error

HP pavilion dm4 stuck at 56% charging plugged in,not charging error: i have been using this laptop for 2 years i get it from my friend . from start it always charges battery upto 56 percent. and i thought that there is problem in the battery cell and in few months battery backup becomes very short. Yesterday i bought a new battery for...