Windows 10: Windows 10 64-bit HP Pavilion g6 Battery stops charging while AC plugged: Indicates:...

Discus and support Windows 10 64-bit HP Pavilion g6 Battery stops charging while AC plugged: Indicates:... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This seems to be a SOFTWARE issue, caused by an upgrade or driver change that results in disabling the battery from charging beyond 76%. When I check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeriWinkle1, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 64-bit HP Pavilion g6 Battery stops charging while AC plugged: Indicates:...

This seems to be a SOFTWARE issue, caused by an upgrade or driver change that results in disabling the battery from charging beyond 76%. When I check the device settings there is a driver :Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, that seems to be modified or "upgraded" since July 2018. This was NOT an issue with my battery, the charger, the cord, the jack/s or any other hardware, has resulted in RECENT disabling of the charge intake to the Battery from the AC direct current. Previously, the Battery charged up to 100%, while the Notebook PC glowed an AMBER light until fully charged, then the light turned White. NOW, the light stays white indicating FULLY CHARGED Battery, while the battery icon indicates 76% charged. Obviously, there has been a change that is programmed to limit the battery charge intake--based on What? Has Hewlett-Packard devised a code to block full-charge to "extend battery life"--that Microsoft would have to be compliant with or the code should be blocked by Windows Defender--what's going on, HOW can I disable whatever is coded to block the battery from fully charging? Is this managed by a default POWER OPTION that MICROSOFT/Windows 10 has newly implemented? As a troubleshooter, it is not the hardware, it seems intrinsic to Microsoft 10 Windows Power Settings...there is a bar that shows (for my Notebook) 76% power, but the bar doesn't allow me to slide it to 100% Capacity...the fact that it's disallowing my (USER) control indicates it a programmed limitation. What is the FIX? Thank you Note System Info

Windows 10 64-bit version

Started in mid-August 2018--When Battery is charging the PC light remains Amber, when fully-charged, Battery light is white

The Battery Notification advises “76% available (plugged in, not charging)”
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134

System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard

System Model HP Pavilion g6 notebook PC

System Type: x64-based PC

System SKU: LU897AV

BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.37, 1/16/2013

SMBIOS Version 2.6

:)

PeriWinkle1, Sep 6, 2018
  2. lumbee55 Win User

Battery plugged in, not charging. I have a Hp Pavilion dm 1

Battery plugged in, not charging. I have a Hp Pavilion dm 1. I upgraded to Windows 10 several months ago. Just started getting the not charging message a couple days ago. Went thru numerous suggestions found on various forums but nothing seems to work. Any
    more suggestions.

lumbee55, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Windows 10 HP Pavilion Battery Charging

My HP Pavilion with Windows 10 only seems to charge when the computer is turned off. When the computer is on, I will plug it in and for 5 seconds I will get a charging notification on my battery, then it will stop charging altogether. I've tried restarting
    the PC to no avail...tried to disable Extend Battery Saver mode. Luckily I can charge when the HP is off, but that means I cant use it as effectively to use it as a reference for documents I have as PDFs.

Unplugged my battery icon just gives the percentage. Plugged in it gives percentage and 'plugged in, but not charging'.

JesseGordon, Sep 6, 2018
  4. mel77084 Win User

Windows 10 64-bit HP Pavilion g6 Battery stops charging while AC plugged: Indicates:...

Battery not charging when plugged in.

That's the indication it gives when the battery has failed. HP might provide a pre-boot diagnostic utility that might confirm that, or give more information.

mel77084, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 64-bit HP Pavilion g6 Battery stops charging while AC plugged: Indicates:...

1. Windows 10 64-bit HP Pavilion g6 Battery stops charging while AC plugged: Indicates:... - Similar Threads - bit Pavilion Battery

2. hp probook 4530s plugged in to ac it says battery low 1 percent an to plug in while plugged...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp probook 4530s plugged in to ac it says battery low 1 percent an to plug in while plugged...: hello i have a hp 4530s laptopo an the battery was working fine an the charger installed windows 10 an now the battery wont charge i bought a new battery an after it went dead from using it i plugged into ac an my computer thinks its running on battery power at 1 percent says...
  3. hp probook 4530s plugged in to ac it says battery low 1 percent an to plug in while plugged...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp probook 4530s plugged in to ac it says battery low 1 percent an to plug in while plugged...: hello i have a hp 4530s laptopo an the battery was working fine an the charger installed windows 10 an now the battery wont charge i bought a new battery an after it went dead from using it i plugged into ac an my computer thinks its running on battery power at 1 percent says...
  4. hp probook 4530s plugged in to ac it says battery low 1 percent an to plug in while plugged...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HP Pavilion g6

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Pavilion g6: My friend gave me a HP pavilion g6 that needed all information deleted off the hard drive but i accidentally deleted the operating system how do i redownload it[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-g6/e780dc6f-e218-4a2a-bd4a-4e7d3aa1c35c
  6. Battery Charging Indicator

Battery Charging Indicator: As the PC power level drops below a certain level an message appears to "plug in the charger", a few seconds later another message appears "shutting down the computer". By the time I plug in the power supply the computer has shut down To assist me in paying more attention...
  7. reading a CD on an HP Pavilion g6

reading a CD on an HP Pavilion g6: my HP pavilion g6 has a DVD reader, but I can't read a CD. shouldn't it read both a CD and a DVD??? or do I need new equipment? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reading-a-cd-on-an-hp-pavilion-g6/2c68a371-5944-45ce-950b-2b25d86632b6
  8. battery not charging indicator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery not charging indicator: Hello. Not sure which topic this should be posted under; please redirect me if need be. After updating a couple of days ago, the battery indicator says "XX% available (plugged in, not charging). I tested the battery and there doesn't appear to be any fault. I'm guessing...
  9. 03f0 hp pavilion g6

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    03f0 hp pavilion g6: Hi, i have a problem with my laptop HP PAVILION G6. First, when i turned on the laptop, the system (windows 10) was starting up, after pushing enter the windows circle was turning, but after that - the screen of the laptop tuned off and it wasnt highlighted (the diode and...
  10. battery not charging while plugged in

battery not charging while plugged in: I'm at 89% but the light is still orange and the display reads "plugged in but not charging". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging-while-plugged-in/24a9e307-0c27-46aa-bc9f-0fa864ad325c