Windows 10: Windows 10 64 bit install loop

Discus and support Windows 10 64 bit install loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I have an older system im trying to install windows 10 64 bit. Some history. Its an old machine, but by all accounts, should be able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yurgon, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Yurgon Win User

Windows 10 64 bit install loop

Hello everyone.

I have an older system im trying to install windows 10 64 bit.

Some history. Its an old machine, but by all accounts, should be able to run 64bit OS. When i check systems info i see "32-bit operating system, x64-based processor".

I used the media creation tool on a different machine to create a USB flash drive installer.
    I initially put both the 32bit and 64bit on the USB drive.
    When i boot with the USB drive plugged in, i get the screen asking me to pick which installer. If i select 32 bit, windows goes through the installation without any issues. It finishes and everything works.
    When i try to select the 64bit options, it says LOADING FILES, and shows the progress bar, one the progress bar fills up the computer restarts and i end up back in the installer selection screen.
    I then created the USB installer with just the 64bit option but when i start up with the drive plugged in it never makes it to the installer. It gets through the POST, and BIOS, and then i see a flashing cursor on the upper left of the screen. it stays this way for a whilel and eventually reboots and does the same thing.
    Im not sure why this is happening. As i mentioned the system should be able to run 64bit OS with its specs, and win 10 32 bit runs without any issues.
    I dont think its the USB drive since it works fine with the 32 bit. I thought maybe the installer was corrupt so ive tried recreating it on bother my newer system running win10 64 bit and on the old system after 32 bit was installed.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

Yurgon, Mar 14, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile Windows 10 64 bit install loop :)

3. Re-install Windows 10 64-bit

Yes, you can go back to 64 bit Windows 10 without purchasing.

• Switching to Windows 10 64 bit is free, you don't have to pay for it. As long as you have a qualifying Windows 7 or 8 or Windows 10 license, you are entitled to use it.
    • Switching requires that you perform a new installation, that means files, applications and settings will be deleted.
    • You will have to reinstall applications and native 64 bit drivers.
    • Backup before migrating: How
      to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Step 1: Download Windows 10 64 bit then create a bootable copy:

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: Boot from the 64 bit Windows 10 install media, then perform a custom or clean install:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Windows 10 64 bit install loop

Windows installed 32-bit version of Windows 10, when it should be 64-bit

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• How did you upgrade to Windows 10?
    • Have you checked under system info?
    I suggest you to go to control panel and system and under system info check which bit is installed.

As your Windows 7 is running on 32 bit, Windows 10 will be installed as 32 bit architecture if you install Windows 10 through Windows updates. If you want to install Windows 10 64 bit, I suggest you to check whether your system
    supports 32/64 bit architecture. If your computer supports 64 bit architecture, then i suggest you to refer the below link to install Windows 10 64 bit using the media creation tool.

Download Windows 10.

Download Windows 10

You can check the System information from your computer to check for the architecture of Windows supported by your computer.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below article for more information about Windows 10.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 64 bit install loop

1. Windows 10 64 bit install loop - Similar Threads - bit install loop

2. installing windows 64℅ in loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing windows 64℅ in loop: installing windows 64℅this is the loop please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-64-in-loop/91e1ba1f-af47-42a7-a4c5-40434b52fa8e
  3. 64 bit installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    64 bit installation: Can i Install 64 Bit os on windows 7 with core2 duo processor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bit-installation/f0a3b94c-21fc-4ea0-9dfa-371931309767
  4. 64 bit installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    64 bit installation: Can i Install 64 Bit os on windows 7 with core2 duo processor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bit-installation/f0a3b94c-21fc-4ea0-9dfa-371931309767
  5. Install 32 bit Windows 10 on 64 bit system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install 32 bit Windows 10 on 64 bit system: I would like to install my Reader Rabbit games, which are made to go on 32 bit system, on my windows 10, a 64 bit system. Can this be done? As a teacher, I would like to keep using my old Reader Rabbit games in school if possible. I cannot buy an updated version of these....
  6. install Windows 10 32 bit in 64 bit system

install Windows 10 32 bit in 64 bit system: My laptop has 64 bit system and only 2 GB ram non up-gradable and I want to use Windows 10 32 bit in order to lessen the usage of RAM. installing a windows 10 64 bit OS is fine on my windows 10 computer, when i try installing a 32 bit OS on 64 bit machine, i always get...
  7. Installation of Windows 10 64 bit?

Installation of Windows 10 64 bit?: After investing a whole day to reinstall Windows 10 4 times, I still haven't managed to turn my 32 bit version into a 64 bit version. I know that I used to have a 64 bit version on this pc, but then I mistakenly made a 32 bit version when I reinstalled it. Now my question:...
  8. Installing 64 Bit Windows 10

Installing 64 Bit Windows 10: I built a PC and was trying to install Windows 10 64 bit, however it wouldn't let me. So I tried to put my USB in a another computer to test and it worked. I then tried 32 bit Windows 10 in my computer and it worked. I was wondering if this may be a driver issue. I installed...
  9. 64 bit won't install on a 64 bit processer

64 bit won't install on a 64 bit processer: I bought a windows kit from Amazon, came in a box with a usb drive. I just built my 1st pc my processer in an AMD Rayzen 5 3600x it is for sure 64 bit based. I went to install Windows home 64 bit but it gave me a message saying it failed to install so i installed the 32 bit....
  10. Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs

Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs: I recently purchased a Surface Pro X and I am trying to install some programs but they are not allowing me to install due the program requiring a 64 bit Operating system. I have checked my System information and I am definitely running 64 bit windows "System type: 64-bit...