Windows 10: Windows 10 64 Bit only 4GB Ram Usable?

Discus and support Windows 10 64 Bit only 4GB Ram Usable? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hostelo, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Windows 10 64 Bit only 4GB Ram Usable?

Windows 10 64 Bit only 4GB Ram Usable? [​IMG]

ravenfaust, May 15, 2016
  2. essenbe Win User

Ravenfaust, in the screenshot above, how much ram do you have installed? Both the screenshot and Speccy show 4 GB. If you have 8 GB installed, go into bios and see how much ram bios shows.

essenbe, May 15, 2016
  3. spapakons Win User
    In case BIOS reports 4GB RAM, then the two modules and incompatible. Trade one of them with another module from a friend, or in worst case, just buy a new module. If BIOS reports 8GB but Windows report 4GB, then something is wrong with this version of Windows. To find out, use a Linux Live CD to see if it reports 8GB. You can also use the 64-bit version of Win10PESE. If they do report 8GB RAM, then you may have to upgrade the chipset drivers in your current Windows version to properly identify the RAM. If anything fails, unfortunately you must backup all your files and then format (clean-install).

By the way, I saw "Windows 10 Insider Preview". Which version is that? Have you tried the latest official build (10586.318) ?

Just saw your Speccy report more carefully. Have you seen the RAM section? It reports 1 used slot and 1 free, while you should have both slots occupied. Have you tested your modules at both slots? If you install only one module, does it works in both slots? Maybe one slot is faulty!

spapakons, May 15, 2016
  4. Windows 10 64 Bit only 4GB Ram Usable?

I removed the sticks of ram becuase they were not working.. going to try WINPESE and see what happens. where can i update the chipset? I have the latest version of the preview build. But before installing this, i had windows 10 fresh install ,and it was only using 3gb of 4..

ravenfaust, May 15, 2016
  5. spapakons Win User
    Something is weird about your RAM. Now Speccy reports both slots occupied, 8GB RAM total but physical only 3.57GB? Are you sure there is no application limiting the usable amount of RAM? Have you checked for malware? I recommend checking with one or more of: Malwarebytes Antimalware, Spybot Search and Destroy, Spyhunter etc. Install the application, update the spyware definitions and then restart in safe mode to run it, to make sure no spyware is loaded that may affect the scan. Let it do a full scan including memory and Registry and files and then remove everything found.

From the report I see it is either an HP notebook or HP desktop computer. So visit HP support site and download latest BIOS and utility for your model.

EDIT: I have recently found that some BIOS settings (regarding CPU and RAM) can affect RAM usable RAM size in Windows because of some incompatibility. Make sure you restore BIOS settings to default. If there is a BIOS update do it.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 64 Bit only 4GB Ram Usable?

1. Windows 10 64 Bit only 4GB Ram Usable? - Similar Threads - Bit 4GB Ram

2. windws 10 32bit or 64 bit windows version for 4gb RAM laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windws 10 32bit or 64 bit windows version for 4gb RAM laptop: Hi guys,please I need some help.Friend asked me to clean install windows on his laptop Sony .Processor is IntelR Pentium R CPU B970 @2,30GHz with installed memory 4GB RAM.He need laptop only for browsing and Microsoft Word. No gaming.What -bit version is more propriate for...
  3. Only 3.45GB RAM usable out of installed 4GB RAM.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only 3.45GB RAM usable out of installed 4GB RAM.: Hey, I just checked my System specs, it shows: 3.45GB ram usable out of 4GB. I surfed the net for fixes to the issue, but found only 2- the msconfig fix and BIOS fix. When i tried the msconfig fix, it still shows the same. And when i checked my UEFI BIOS, There was nothing...
  4. Why is there only 4gb usable? I'm running 64 bit. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is there only 4gb usable? I'm running 64 bit. How do I fix it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wcprior1724 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j26wgj/why_is_there_only_4gb_usable_im_running_64_bit/
  5. Installed 4GB RAM but only 1.7GB usable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installed 4GB RAM but only 1.7GB usable: I am having issue with the RAM, I have installed 4GB Ram on windows 10, but It shows only 1.7GB is Usable and the leftover RAM is Hardware Reserved. I Tried to swap rams but didn't work. please help my PC is working very slow due to less usable RAM available, I also tried a...
  6. Windows 10 Home 64 bit only recognizes 4GB of RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit only recognizes 4GB of RAM: Hello, I have the folowing problem: I did a clean install of Windows 10 Home 64Bits but now i see in system info that there is only 3.95 GB of 8GB available. When i looked into the taskmanager, in the tab 'memory' i see hardware reserved: 4.1GB. I called Microsoft Belgium...
  7. Only 4GB RAM usable out of 16? -- using Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only 4GB RAM usable out of 16? -- using Windows 10 64 bit: So I bought this computer used and just noticed that there is only 4GB of RAM available while the other 12GB is "hardware reserved". I've searched around and tried a few things but nothing is working so far. Here's what I've come up with so far: I've updated the BIOS for...
  8. 4gb RAM but only 3.47 gb usable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4gb RAM but only 3.47 gb usable: Hi, I have an ASRock H61M-VG3 Mother board with a maximum RAM amount of 16gb. I have 64bit Windows 10 Pro. I have 4gb of RAM but only 3.47 gb Usable. Does anyone know how to help because I would like it fixed because I am upgrading to 16gb Ram, and it would be ridiculous to...
  9. Only 3.5GB (of 4GB) RAM usable; running Win 10 x64

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Only 3.5GB (of 4GB) RAM usable; running Win 10 x64: Curious, this computer is showing me that only 3.45GB out of 4GB installed memory is actually usable by the OS. It does have Windows 10 x64. Anyone got a fix for this? Laptop CPU: AMD E1-6015 APU 25480
  10. 2.2gb Usable out of 4gb RAM.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2.2gb Usable out of 4gb RAM.: Hello! I've just installed my windows 10 and since it was running slow on a 2gb ram, I decided to buy a 4gb stick on my 32bit system. Long story short, it only shows 2.2gb usable. 768mb(or something close to that figure) is reserved for the videocard but I think I still...