Windows 10: Windows 10 64 bit Printing issues - 'Driver is unavailable'

Discus and support Windows 10 64 bit Printing issues - 'Driver is unavailable' in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi A Brother printer HL5240 is directly attached to my Microsoft Surface Pro by USB. The Surface Pro is running Windows 10 64 bit and is up to date.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bernard_O_S, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Windows 10 64 bit Printing issues - 'Driver is unavailable'

Hi

A Brother printer HL5240 is directly attached to my Microsoft Surface Pro by USB.

The Surface Pro is running Windows 10 64 bit and is up to date.

The printer is showing in 'Settings\Bluetooth & other devices' as an 'Other device' displayed as 'HL-5240' with the additional info that the 'Driver is unavailable'.

On attempting to print a pdf from Bing the printer is not recognised in the printer dropdown in the dialog box.

Is this is because the 'driver is unavailable'?

The Brother resources for this printer advise that the driver is included in Windows 10.

How do we address this issue?

Thanks

Bernard_O_S

:)

Bernard_O_S, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile Windows 10 64 bit Printing issues - 'Driver is unavailable' :)

4. Windows 10 64 bit Printing issues - 'Driver is unavailable'

Printer driver is unavailable

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8610 and a laptop that's running Win 10, 64 bit. I reloaded windows 10 on my pc and now I can't print. I get a message that says the print driver is unavailable. I worked before I reloaded Windows 10. Also, I can't join the homegroup.
    I don't know if the two are connected.

MarianneSnygg, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 64 bit Printing issues - 'Driver is unavailable'

1. Windows 10 64 bit Printing issues - 'Driver is unavailable' - Similar Threads - bit Printing issues

2. win 10 64 bit sleep issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 64 bit sleep issue: Hello-I built a PC win10, 64bit 15 months ago. I regularly get my updates. Everything works fine except for two issues. 1- Sleep settings: after 10 minutes my two monitors go dark. PC is set to go to sleep after 5 hours because I don't want the PC to go to sleep on its own....
  3. win 10 64 bit sleep issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 64 bit sleep issue: Hello-I built a PC win10, 64bit 15 months ago. I regularly get my updates. Everything works fine except for two issues. 1- Sleep settings: after 10 minutes my two monitors go dark. PC is set to go to sleep after 5 hours because I don't want the PC to go to sleep on its own....
  4. Lexmark E120 says Driver is unavailable for Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.746 64-bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lexmark E120 says Driver is unavailable for Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.746 64-bit: - I bought a new computer with a Gigabyte Aorus H370 Gaming 3 motherboard - I installed a new Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.746 64-bit - I have a Lexmark E120 printer and when I plugged it in an USB 2.0/3.0 port I tried both in it says in Printers and Scanners that...
  5. Mouse pad issue- Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse pad issue- Windows 10 64 bit: Wondered if anyone could help me- I bought a second hand HP 430 G4, and seem to having issues with the touchpad. The mouse randomly freezes and two finger scroll doesn't work, but if you hibernate or restart it, the scrolling ability comes back. It doesn't seem to be a...
  6. Realtek RTL8812BU Windows 10 64 Bit issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Realtek RTL8812BU Windows 10 64 Bit issues: Hi I bought this adapter for my son, but he has constant frustrations with the connection dropping out fairly reguarly. Signal strength and Link Quality are generally around 100% I was using the Realtek driver, but I have now changed this using Windows - so is now using a...
  7. print driver unavailable

print driver unavailable: On my HP laptop I can't get my printers to work over wi-fi. The laptop is 2 years old and the printers worked over wi-fi when I got it but stopped working a few months later. It says driver unavailable on all printers (brother, h-p and canon) . The printers all work on USB...
  8. VIA audio drivers for windows 10 64 bit

VIA audio drivers for windows 10 64 bit: HI All I have audio problem with my ASUS M4N68T-M LE V2 motherboard on windows 10 64 bit. ASUS do not have 64 bit drivers for windows 10,so I downloaded drivers of windows 7 64 bit and xp 64 bit and in administrator privileges I run these under appropriate compatibility...
  9. Latest Drivers for Windows 10 64-bit

Latest Drivers for Windows 10 64-bit: How would I determine if I have latest drivers for a Windows 10 64-bit PC? Both of my Laptops are not on the support list of Windows 10 on the Acer website. So, I need help getting the latest drivers. One computer is an Acer Aspire 5749 Series laptop and the other is an...
  10. WINDOW 10 64 Bit Drivers for LENOVO G500

WINDOW 10 64 Bit Drivers for LENOVO G500: The Current configuration of my laptop is LENOVO G500, WINDOW 7 Ultimate 32 Bit Processor: Intel (R) core (TM) i5-3230M L: CPU@2.60 GHz 2.60GHz Ram 4 GB Hi I Want to Install the Window 10 1607 English x64 On my LENOVO LAPTOP G500. Problem is Lenovo till Now, not released...